The PIF USA rules and why you should read them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayasveil

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2010
Here
Keep it all out in the open, I agree. I sat back for a bit, burning in disbelief because I thought this thread was about me. I went to a particular thread and thought I accepted an offer, then PM'd the person. Later that day a mod popped in and said I broke a major rule by asking for a private gift. I did not.

Written language at times difficult is to translate, especially if English is a second language. Another thing I've noticed is the forum (sometimes) has a time lag. So my posting could have been cut off and I did not understand what XXX and XXX: along with the item described actually meant.

So, I sent a reply to the person in question trying to explain what occurred. I never got a reply back.

With out rules ... one would have chaos. I never meant to offend anybody. There are a lot of different people on here from various economic and social backgrounds. A genial message is better received than sour notes.

Last edited:

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Maya,this was not posted to any one member but to everyone who wants to participate.If people dont read and understand the rules we have alot of problems and people can sometimes be banned for repeatedly making mistakes because they did not find time to read the rules before posting or PMing.Everyone needs to read all the rules before joining in,it saves time and saves us from having issues.

Please try to understand that the rules are there to help not hinder.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Please please please read the rules in the first post of each thread BEFORE you post in that thread. If you have a question about those rules, please PM a PIF moderator to ask it. Thanks.

and again we will run into the one ironclad fact observed on all forums ........ stickies don't get read, lol

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
and again we will run into the one ironclad fact observed on all forums ........ stickies don't get read, lol

It's becoming painfully obvious that some people who come into our group don't give a :censored: about what the objective is here, only what they can "score". So why WOULD they bother to read the rules or anything "stuck". They just don't care enough. It's sad. Of course, we do have the new kids that just post in error and then once they're pointed to the right thread and the rules, are very gracious and considerate and end up being helpful members when they can be. I suppose it's a trade off. =\

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
even though i agree with chelle they still might be ALL be worth it. we don't know what happens down the line or how it plays out.

my wish for all newbies to read the rules has a different reason - somebody jumping in without knowing sure can jam up a thread, lol
if it gets addressed right there, loxy gets upset [big grin] and does his clean-up, if done by pm nobody knows if something is being done ....... rock and a hard place!!!!!

AnaCat

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Chicago, IL
I promise as a new member to read the rules and follow them to the letter. I never even considered posting a want. I want to give to those in need and trade fairly to try new juices. I feel pretty fortunate that I can supply my own vaping needs, as well as my mother's. I had been thinking about joining PIF after I read about the needs of an ECF member on another thread (but since I am so new to vaping, I don't have anything to offer just yet, but probably will very soon). I made the decision to join now after Godzilla so graciously offered to send me a bottle of sweetener when I posted a question asking where I could get some. I still will give him money for it if he wants. When I PM'd him my information, I saw that he is a PIF member, and that made me think that yes, I need to be a part of this. I have seen so many of my fellow vaping newbies say they can't afford a good starter kit right now, and I am getting paid this week, so I think I might get another one (or two) and hold it for a newbie (or two) in need. I really believe in vaping as the best alternative to smoking (I'm a nurse), and I want to help anyone I can. I just don't want to mess up. I will accept all guidance the PIF vets can offer me as I plan my giving strategy.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I promise as a new member to read the rules and follow them to the letter. I never even considered posting a want. I want to give to those in need and trade fairly to try new juices. I feel pretty fortunate that I can supply my own vaping needs, as well as my mother's. I had been thinking about joining PIF after I read about the needs of an ECF member on another thread (but since I am so new to vaping, I don't have anything to offer just yet, but probably will very soon). I made the decision to join now after Godzilla so graciously offered to send me a bottle of sweetener when I posted a question asking where I could get some. I still will give him money for it if he wants. When I PM'd him my information, I saw that he is a PIF member, and that made me think that yes, I need to be a part of this. I have seen so many of my fellow vaping newbies say they can't afford a good starter kit right now, and I am getting paid this week, so I think I might get another one (or two) and hold it for a newbie (or two) in need. I really believe in vaping as the best alternative to smoking (I'm a nurse), and I want to help anyone I can. I just don't want to mess up. I will accept all guidance the PIF vets can offer me as I plan my giving strategy.

Hi, we love you already. :)

I just want to make it crystal clear that posting for a *"want" is perfectly fine, as long as the want is small, like juice samples. We all like to try new flavors and chances are that the person who fills your want of a sample, has had a want filled and they are happy to pay forward what was done for them. :)

Welcome to PIF.

Edit 6/9/12
* Want thread has been closed...this is an old post...please don't read this and post want threads all over the PIF forum :facepalm: Lox will eat your head. :blink:

Last edited:

cobaltblue

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
A cabin in the woods and loving it
I noticed all the stuff written in the Treasure Chest recently and a new thread about rants. Rather than add any +1/-1's to either, and in case it might help someone, I thought I'd jot a few "rules" (both written and unwritten) that I try to follow in PIF. Just my 2 cents....take what fits and ditch the rest.

-If someone sends me something I make sure they know I received it. I do it because I'd like people to do the same so I know that what I sent made it there. The postal service has been known to make mistakes (don't we know lol) and I don't want people thinking I didn't do what I said I was going to do. Besides, it's common courtesy. I also thank them either by PM, the Positive Feedback thread or both because I appreciate the time, energy and expense they put into it.

-I never forget a kindness.

-If I'm too tired, busy, sick, don't have the postage available to mail something, <insert anything I missed>, I don't make an offer or gift anything I can't Promptly see all the way through to the end. I wait and do it as soon as I'm able.

-If I talk to someone new to PIF and tell them it's okay not to offer a lot...I Always include THE FIRST TIME (not in CAPS though lol). I do this because a User can spot a potential victim (or group of potential victims) a thousand miles away. I've seen a lot of repeated small PIF offers with the same people bragging about their new tattoo, mods, or 40 gazillion bottles of juice in the main thread. I'm all for stocking up on my dime in case of a ban or high taxation because I believe 'prevention is worth a pound of cure'. I'm just not up for someone else stocking up on any of our "dimes". Same goes for the people who are just plain cheap and looking to vape for next to nothing. We all remember the smokers who were pros at bumming cigarettes. Looks like some of them caught on to vaping now, too.

-I keep what I do in the classifieds totally separate from PIF. If I'd see something that I gave someone in PIF offered in the classifieds I'd mention it to a mod via PM...not repeatedly offered in the classifieds, but the first time. Anything beyond that is enabling Users to hurt us all.

-Same goes for anything that I've experienced that seems out of range for PIF. To date I've sent two "possible heads up" to a mod. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, and in turn they had the info to weigh with what others have sent and could to do their thing if necessary. I don't see these people around anymore.

-I read old posts now if my intuition flags me. Learned it the hard way after I got burned on a sizable PIF right out of the gate. "The finger always points back to the self". The signs were all there, I just ignored them.

-I'm learning to recognize some of the clever ploys Users come up with to get free stuff. Accent on "I'm learning".

-I recognize that Great Mods are the key to a Healthy PIF, pure and simple. I am grateful for the excellent job they do.

-I cherish the friendships I've made in PIF. I truly love you guys and wouldn't trade you for the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread