Status
Not open for further replies.

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
Lbug ((BIG HUGS))) I completely understand where you are coming from and have done the same thing for the same reasons. I aslo understand where the mods are coming from. I agree if there were a private way to let them know what we are sending without everyone knowing it would be so so much easier.
Love you buggy!!!

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
~Thomas Babington Macaulay

Then L'Bug has Character. :)

This thread is addressing exactly why I stopped participating for a while. I messaged the 'used to be mods' so many times regarding the behavior of the 'Justins' (that's what I called them) and no one seemed to care. It got to the point where I couldn't even look at the threads cos I was so aggravated. That was about the time I nicknamed myself 'Pissypantspaula'. :)

I am so appreciative of the attention this issue is now getting. Thank you all.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Then L'Bug has Character. :)

This thread is addressing exactly why I stopped participating for a while. I messaged the 'used to be mods' so many times regarding the behavior of the 'Justins' (that's what I called them) and no one seemed to care. It got to the point where I couldn't even look at the threads cos I was so aggravated. That was about the time I nicknamed myself 'Pissypantspaula'. :)

I am so appreciative of the attention this issue is now getting. Thank you all.

You're very welcome. :) One of the biggest reasons I took a mod postion for this group (besides LOVE) was to help protect the incredibly generous and HUGE hearted fellow members that have helped me so much in so many ways. It's very important to me personally that people feel safe here and know that someone is looking out for them. I (we) can't catch everything that happens and depend on all of you guys to give us the heads up on situtations that raise red flags with you. Sometimes it turns out to be a simple misunderstanding, other times it turns out to be something that requires action on our part to stop further abuse of the PIF generosity from taking place. Don't hesitate to PM us, we really REALLY want you to so we can keep PIF safe and fun for everyone. :)

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
We DO really appreciate all that y'all do. I doubt I could do it. (my family tells me I'm a big softie). But as I said to someone the other day, 'telling' feels a lot to me like "tattling"
:( I wish there was a way to get around that! Part of the concept of pif is giving. So how 'giving' is it to say no or to turn someone in??
Ya know? That makes it even harder.. Because we are who we are. (no excuses El, just observations)

Sent from my pod

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
If you don't want to 'tell', how about just posting in the open as a reply. For example, if you post in a thread that you will give someone a "thing" and then 'person B' pms you to ask for some of it, reply on the thread. Something like "PM, I got your pm (lol) and I am sorry but I don't have anymore to give" or "PM, I got your pm and I can send you some". The mods will know this didn't happen the way that it should have and you won't get in trouble. :) Just a thought.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I don't see a need to post everything between 'friends' but if we receive an unsolicited pm from somebody we don't really know, I personally would like to see it posted because they may have been pming lots of others, too. We all know this has happened and will continue to happen. Some people come to pif to get what they can and then they disappear.

Your generosity L'Bug is unfaltering :) and so is your trust :( . Both of those things are among the reasons why I love you.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
We DO really appreciate all that y'all do. I doubt I could do it. (my family tells me I'm a big softie). But as I said to someone the other day, 'telling' feels a lot to me like "tattling"
:( I wish there was a way to get around that! Part of the concept of pif is giving. So how 'giving' is it to say no or to turn someone in??
Ya know? That makes it even harder.. Because we are who we are. (no excuses El, just observations)

Sent from my pod

The giving part of saying no or turning someone in for breaking rules is what you give back to the ENTIRE group by outing that person or denying them another "score" before they move on to someone else...probably someone you love very much and wouldn't want that to happen to, or someone who is too nice to say no and has just given a shady person their last spare atty (or whatever the item may be). Just look at it that way and I promise you it will be easier to say no and turn them in.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
The giving part of saying no or turning someone in for breaking rules is what you give back to the ENTIRE group by outing that person or denying them another "score" before they move on to someone else...probably someone you love very much and wouldn't want that to happen to, or someone who is too nice to say no and has just given a shady person their last spare atty (or whatever the item may be). Just look at it that way and I promise you it will be easier to say no and turn them in.

Thank you Miss Bee. I will try and look at it that way. All these great people mean the world to me. (for without THEM we wouldn't even have a pif group). Great idea!

Sent from my pod

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
here is one other way to look at it, people really need to be given the chance and choice to offer and not being pushed into a situation where, if one was brought up with decent manners, it is difficult to say no.
i feel very lucky that there are a few people on this list who, if i approached them by pm, would do all they could to help. but i would never dream of doing that. if there is a need or a want it needs to be posted so the choice of offering is not being compromised, otherwise it will leave a bad taste sooner or later.

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
I didn't read through the entire thread, so I am not sure if this has already been said. So please forgive me if it has..

Please exercise some internet manners. It is difficult to tell by words the meanings of some posts.
I have recently read some post that seem outright rude. Re-read your post before you submit it.
If it sounds remotely .....y, reword it or don't post at all.
As a lot of members have already said, it is the Givers choice to who, what, and how much they want to give.
If they want you to Do a handstand while picking your nose, so be it! Especially in the Treasure chest.
I have given in the treasure chest and you can't believe how may pm's you get within minutes of posting a freebie.
Do not complain about it.

Sorry if I sound rude. I have been thinking about this a lot and found my opportunity to say something.

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Especially in the Treasure chest.
I have given in the treasure chest and you can't believe how may pm's you get within minutes of posting a freebie.
Do not complain about it.

And if you do not report this to a mod, then it will continue. We should not enable those breaking the rules.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Some general reminders for all PIF participants:

Please read the rules that are posted in the first post of each thread before you post in that thread.

If you're not sure about something, PM a mod.

Label all of your PIF bottles clearly and with as much information as you have.

Please be aware of what you say and how you say it when posting.

Have fun and enjoy the time you spend here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread