Not open for further replies.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Hi All,

Well we have gotten great response to The Saber Touch @ VaporMoon.com and our 10% Off Sale this week. Thank you for all of your orders. In our other post about having a contest, we got some great ideas from you all. So, here's what we are going to do.

Today
we are going to starting this new post for a contest for 4... yes 4 people to win a Saber Touch for themselves to do infomercials on YouTube and written in all the e-cig forums for us in trade for receiving their new mod. Each winner will get one of the models we carry. It is the responsibility for the winner to have their infomercial about The Saber Touch made with a weeks time of receiving their Saber Touch. 3 people will do their infomercials on YouTube and 1 will do a written ad of some type to post in all the e-cig forums they belong to.

When they receive their Saber Touch, they will produce a 9-10 minute video to show on YouTube or the one written infomercial showing the features and benefits of owning a Saber Touch in the voltage option and color they receive. When they have finished their video, they can publish it, but it still needs the approval of VaporMoon.com, mainly because we want the statements made to be accurate. We will supply any info the person needs to do their video. And we want to be able to use it on our YouTube site... YouTube - TheSirLawrence's Channel

VaporMoon.com reserves the right to have either the post or YouTube video removed if it does not represent the Saber Touch accurately. If this happens, the winner will need to redo their ad for our approval.

We will be looking for creative, yet responsible representations of our product. So, get into your creative thoughts and ideas. Any idea you post in the contest post will remain your ideas... no one will be able to use your creative thoughts. Start to think of why you would want a Saber Touch and why it would benefit you to have one.

When you submit your entry, tell us what type of ad you are trying for... either the YouTube (3 winners), or a written ad (1 winner). Also, what model of the Saber Touch you prefer. Please submit your ideas, examples, what ever you feel necessary to win. The contest may last 1-2 weeks. Upon that time we will be asking for votes from ECF members, but the final decision will be up to Vapor Moon.

So, check out our site, use the info there for your ideo submission, and feel free to ask us anything here or on our Official Thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...apormoon-com-saber-touch-official-thread.html

Thank you all so much, and Good Luck!
Sir Lawrence

Last edited:

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
'm in what do I have to do next ...I have read the second paragraph many times and it just isn't sinking in my brain what exactly you want us to do now??

5volt Girl

Gosh I see your response below and no wonder no one is saying anything (oh my the brain that are thinking)

As an artist..i find it a bit tough to find the universal life flow unless I am in it hehe
But will Give it some thought..the first thing that jumped into me head...
Was a black and white wipe entry..words bold "In the beginning"
now 2 idea spring forth.

..story board one would be mother earth and a seed being planted and a little water (tear drop ou how to explain the background this is gonna be madness i tell ya LOL)

..storyboard option two from the black and white entry and the bold words to an explosion now I can hear the music in the background that of rebirth and a new generation..slowly you'd the sabre rising out of the darkness.

...storyboard three..me and my homemade mods hahaha line um all up show my supplies cause I never have money for a good money I buy cheapparts and then try to solder them together..I can show the vent hols in my plastic indulgence size mod lol annd we can also look at my flashlight 5V regulator one without vent hold and a host of other stuff i gotta work on

OK I gotta go now..My brain hurts and anyone who read above...yeah i know yours hurts worse now too SORRY HA don't worry ...as long as your eyes are front and center..you should be fine

I gots to do some thinking

Last edited:

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
'm in what do I have to do next ...I have read the second paragraph many times and it just isn't sinking in my brain what exactly you want us to do now??
Oh, sorry...

Post your ideas, examples, and so forth in this thread. Basically, your ideas that would best sell The Saber Touch in video, and/or a written post. And we will all vote on the best ideas for the infomercial.

Then the winner will produce their infomercial and post it on either YouTube or if it is written, on the different e-cig forums they belong to.

Last edited:

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Vote for me people hehehe cause I can go on and on like the energizer bunny ..and how the button of the sabre wears out the energizer bunny..and then along comes roflmao

I'm just starting to percolate Sir Lawrence..hope your not too scared
I am scared now...

Last edited:

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
So, no offense meant here but, basically what you're looking for is just a paid commercial not an honest review, right?
We have been told by a lot of our customers that they will be coming out with reviews both on YouTube and written reviews on e-cig sites. So, I started a thread asking for suggestions for a contest, and some people suggested having people write infomercials for The Saber Touch, and that sounded like a good idea. So, we figured that we would give that a try. Trust me, I want all the honest reviews I can get!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
We have been told by a lot of our customers that they will be coming out with reviews both on YouTube and written reviews on e-cig sites. So, I started a thread asking for suggestions for a contest, and some people suggested having people write infomercials for The Saber Touch, and that sounded like a good idea. So, we figured that we would give that a try. Trust me, I want all the honest reviews I can get!

Hey as a business obviously you have to have some advertisement. As I said in my OP I wasn't meaning any offense just asking the question. The reason for asking that question was basically to clarify if that was correct before asking the real question.

The real question:

Being that there are so many reviews out there and such, and these could easily get confused by people looking into stuff, will it be clearly stated at the opening of the videos and beginning of the written ones that they are in fact paid advertisements and not reviews?

I have no interest in doing one myself, it is just a general curiosity. As I said, all businesses need advertisement. Even if all 4 people are completely happy with the unit and would give it a great review anyways, I just think, since people are used to seeing reviews by fellow vapers, that there should be something making it clear that they are commercials and not reviews that's all. Well that and that the people posting them on forums should make sure to post them in the appropriate place and not in the reviews section.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
OK, what I think is the best course of action is to get opinions on this contest from other members on if to have it or not. Please post your comments on this.

I was just going by some of the contest ideas that members had given to us. After other comments are made about this, we will make a decision whether or not to run this type of contest.

I want to make everyone happy, I know that can't be done, but of course I don't want anyone to be upset just trying to run a free giveaway contest.

We added in the written part because someone felt excluded because they could not make a video. It would seem that no matter what type of contest I would have could not please all. If I just gave away 4 mods to the first four posts, there would be 100 people that would blame me for not having the giveaway while they were awake or online.

Sorry if our contest offended anyone.
We will make our decision soon.
Thank you all.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
I say keep on with what you were doing. It sounded like a good idea to me, you're bound to get some reviews anyway. Ask Grim Green or Big Ice Dog to do some reviews for you also, they are respected as reviewers, but keep the contest for those that do want to win.
Thanks, but I think for right now, we may have to put it on hold. We need to hear from a bunch of members with their opinions. The last thing I want to do is to tick anyone off for no reason. I was only going by what some people asked me to do in the contest... they said it sounded "different". And I think that people really don't understand the point of the contest. It's for people to win and have some fun with it. We were willing to see some outrageous ads on YouTube about The Saber, but still get the point across about safety in mods.
I just got another email from a man in Canada who wants to buy one so that he can showcase it on his network of mods in video. I'm just going to have to give it some more thought and with members of ECF, make a decision on how to hold the contest.
Thanks for your input, and I need to get some sleep. It's 3:40 am.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I see a bunch of 20 something (VERY attractive) young people enjoying life in the country. (no alcohol for this vid!) Back roads, trees, barns, pickup trucks. Set to music probably Kid Rock (This is Michigan, after all). Blowing clouds of vapor everywhere they go and talking about their (no nic?) passion.

Trioxin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Peoria, IL
Paid advertising or not, I think it sounds like a fun idea and would like to participate. My experience with mods is rather limited, the vypr-510 being my only mod. I use a juice mix of my own making which seems to provide rather massive clouds of vapor. My idea would be to review the build quality of the device, and introduce it to an analog smoker and a stock 510 vaper to get their reactions to mod as well. Informative, but not too flashy. I can do either video (HD webcam) or written with photo's (s**t ton of professional photo gear). If you'd be interested in some professional photos of your mods and are willing to pay for shipping both ways, let me know and I'd be happy to help you out.

If selected, I'd personally prefer a 3.7v black model.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
OK, don't worry everyone... we will have a contest. I had asked in other threads what type of contest, so I was following some advice from members. Seems this contest didn't appeal to a few people who are now making comments in other threads to vent their opposing opinions. I thought it might be fun to see how others would advertise a product in a New Way. Guess I was wrong. I'll let everyone know what the contest will be soon. If you have any other suggestions or opinions, please feel free to post them.

Again, I'm truly sorry for offending anyone, if that's what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread