Throat irritation and cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

271cig

Apr 16, 2012
USA
I have been a daily smoker (half a pack a day) of regular cigarettes for more than fifteen years. I started smoking e-cigarettes (GreenSmoke brand) a few days back. After smoking the equivalent of a couple of normal cigarettes, I get throat irritation / pain, phlegm (or something stuck) in my throat and cough. I don't have these symptoms when smoking regular tobacco cigarettes. I am very concerned given that e-cigarettes are relatively new and am wondering if I should continue. Should I stop smoking e-cigarettes altogether and switch to regular? Will switching to another brand of e-cigarettes help?

Last edited:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Did you smoke regular cigarettes before? If not, then yes, you should probably quit the e cigs. If you are going back to smoking, then, no, keep up with the ecigs as they are less harmful than analogs. The stuff that causes the vapor (pg or vg) can also cause a really dry throat and irritation. You need to drink a lot more water than before or you will have a dry sore throat. You might also try a different brand as all brands have a different pg/vg ratio and may affect you differently. I have no experience with your brand, but try drinking a ton of water first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread