1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Tip I found by accident. Restores taste buds plus health benefits

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by FLExJuice, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FLExJuice

FLExJuice Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just started vaping and noticed that the initial flavor burst on the first couple of hits dies out to where I can't taste it.

Well I accidentally found a technique to restore my taste buds and it might work for you.

It's been awhile since I mixed an apple cider vinegar drink (with mothers) and surprisingly found out that I got the flavor back after drinking or sipping my drink. I actually think the flavor comes out more. I've only tried this on my current flavor - Appletini from Stormy's Cellar. I'll update when I try it on my other e-juices.

Plus, if you're wanting to improve your health, you'll find tons of info online about ACV.

2. Heather72

Heather72 Full Member

I have been using brags with the the mother ACV for a while and I have to agree good for health and restoring taste buds. Pleasantly surprised to see someone else caught on to this ancient remedy!

3. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I love mothers. If you get heartburn, take a teaspoon. burns for a couple of seconds going down, then heartburn in totally gone.

4. unclestu

unclestu Senior Member ECF Veteran

We drink ACV on a daily basis. Loaded with probiotics. I don't like Braggs though because it is not in an amber bottle. use Eden organic. I even put a little in the dogs water and it helps keep the flies away naturally

5. FLExJuice

FLExJuice Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I first tried ACV it was just nasty but I added honey dilluted in hot water then add ice. Wow it's one of my favorite drinks.

Today I mixed some Vanilla Bean ejuice and the vape was awesome plus it tricks my body to drink more fluids.

6. Hairlip777

Hairlip777 Full Member Verified Member

Got to get some. Sounds like just what I need. Thanks

7. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Love my ACV !

8. giantmidget

giantmidget Full Member Verified Member

i've got a bottle of braggs somewhere. time to go find it!

9. nightfell

nightfell Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    So what are you mixing acv with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. Satans_Hellhound

Satans_Hellhound Full Member Verified Member

sitting here in the UK ... PLEASE enlighten me ... WHAT IS ACV & "Mothers" & Braggs ???? ... You gotta remember we're "old School" here in the UK .. an Indigestion Remedy fer us is standing in the shower with the spray head on MEGA HOT pointed at the middle of our chest fer 20 Minutes or so .. now THAT DOES WORK !!! ..... Yer Chest Hair looks like it should have grown somewhere else on yer body mind (all short & Curly like!!!!LOL!!!)

11. TexSG

TexSG Full Member

Sekanjabin Recipe - Food.com - 126517

I've made it with white and cider vinegar, and it's great for a hot day beverage. Mint is good, but entirely optional.

My method; scrub the ginger and break it up into pieces that will fit through the lid hole of the blender. Put the vinegar in the blender. Start heating the water and sugar in a really big saucepan or stock pot. Blend ginger and vinegar until it's pretty much a stringy mess and add to the sugar water mix. Boil for a few minutes, turn off heat and let it cool to room temperature. Strain into a big bottle. Mix about 4-5:1 with ice water and drink.

I like to make the concentrate about 3 liters at a time.

12. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I put that kind of vinegar on my dogs hot spots too

it's great stuff :)

13. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

ACV goes good with a good PV.

14. SouthernBliss

SouthernBliss Super Member ECF Veteran

TexSG I had never heard of sekanjabin before in my life but I have been on the look out for interesting syrups to make. All this flavor exposure of late has had my brain on over time and I think this is one that I will love! Thank you!

15. SouthernBliss

SouthernBliss Super Member ECF Veteran

Update on Sekanjabin- I made some tonight with a bit of mint and some vanilla extract as my flavorings. It is astonishingly good! I bet if I serve it to my son he will not be able to figure out what is in it but that he is going to love it. Thank you again!

16. Jack Pappas

Jack Pappas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

17. Robmidi

Robmidi Full Member

How bout a nice mound of wasabi? lol

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

18. NCCNC

NCCNC Full Member

My wife and I keep a large bottle of ACV in the house at all times. She loves the stuff.

19. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    When my wife had a kidney stone I started searching for information on them. She ended up having it blasted with the hydro ultrasonic method at the hospital, but lots of people swear by ACV for curing and preventing future kidney stones. Apparently the acidity in the ACV pulverizes the stone into powder that's eliminated by drinking lots of water.

20. TexSG

TexSG Full Member

New tip on the sekanjabin; leave the sugar out until you bottle it. Put the sugar in whatever jug you want the syrup to end up in, scoop out the big chunks from the boiling pot with a sieve, then strain the liquid through one of those permanent coffee filters in a funnel into your sugared jug. Much less messy, and it won't clog the strainer so much as trying to pour the sugary syrup through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.