RDA TM24 vs Tokugawa vs Recoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
Alright at this moment in time I have just ordered a Goon and a Tesla 3. Looking into getting another rda. I have owned the TM2 which was a banging rda, good flavor good air and a very nice deck. Stupid easy builds. Now I am hardcore leaning towards the TM24 although my TM2 post screws did strip a little that's the only reason I'm debating. I would get the Tokugawa due to bottom airflow and the ease of installing coils. The recoil I've seen also has easier coil installation as well as two separate caps. Who owns any of these and what do you like/dislike about them? Any feedback is appreciated as always and much love guys!

jackenite

Jul 9, 2014
United States
Those choices are kinda all over the place IMO.
Tm2 is great all around, two post 4 mount atty. Have one - it's an ADV. So is the TM24. The Toguwaka tho, that's a side & under air flow rda with a totally different coil mounting system probably best for claptons and such. I use a TM3 which is very similar to the Tog and it's great for flavor, and it fits boutique coils easy. It's actually a pretty amazing rda.
The recoil is an shot at the ultimate three post 4 mount rda, good for most coils, SS claptons might be a bit big for it. It has two caps but I think if you use one you'll probably not use the other, since it's an afc size difference between the caps I believe.
It looks great in hand, and on paper, checks all the boxes, but I have not used it.

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
Those choices are kinda all over the place IMO.
Tm2 is great all around, two post 4 mount atty. Have one - it's an ADV. So is the TM24. The Toguwaka tho, that's a side & under air flow rda with a totally different coil mounting system probably best for claptons and such. I use a TM3 which is very similar to the Tog and it's great for flavor, and it fits boutique coils easy. It's actually a pretty amazing rda.
The recoil is an shot at the ultimate three post 4 mount rda, good for most coils, SS claptons might be a bit big for it. It has two caps but I think if you use one you'll probably not use the other, since it's an afc size difference between the caps I believe.
It looks great in hand, and on paper, checks all the boxes, but I have not used it.
Yeah man I was hooked on my TM2 till I traded it. Does the tm24 have as good as flavor as the the tm2?

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
I don't have a TM24 or a Tokugawa, but I do have a Recoil. Comparing it to a TM2 which I did have, the TM2 is Wiley Coyote and the Recoil is the Roadrunner. It doesn't keep up AT ALL. Best atty for flavor I've had so far.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's good dude because I actually just got a Goon about 3-4 days ago and haven't put it down somehow magically it kills my Petri v2 on flavor. Might just have to get a recoil.

jackenite

Jul 9, 2014
United States
The tm2 might be better than the tm24. The squared cutouts give better turbulence than the smooth slit on the tm24. The TM3 blows em all out the water tho! Even the goon, But the goon still has bigger coils and clouds. The bad part is the tm3 is basically 25mm and squared on top so it's a bit of a chunk. Even with a chuff it reminds me of trying to hit a regular 510 drip tip in a 28mm TOBH on a 26650 mod, you know, back in the day.

E18FB6C1-F954-4D00-86AE-4CF538141E6E_zpseciewvhb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VapingVro

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
The tm2 might be better than the tm24. The squared cutouts give better turbulence than the smooth slit on the tm24. The TM3 blows em all out the water tho! Even the goon, But the goon still has bigger coils and clouds. The bad part is the tm3 is basically 25mm and squared on top so it's a bit of a chunk. Even with a chuff it reminds me of trying to hit a regular 510 drip tip in a 28mm TOBH on a 26650 mod, you know, back in the day.

E18FB6C1-F954-4D00-86AE-4CF538141E6E_zpseciewvhb.jpg
So they cloned a Tokogawa deck and a Twisted Messes/Double Visoin barrel and combined them to make their own RDA. That's interesting. I don't understamd why clone companies just don't give it it's own name. That isn't even close to the authentic TM V3. It actually looks way better. I like it though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: VapingVro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread