92b123c4bb271935dd807ffc53a8d315.jpg

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Beautiful TMod and mushrooms Yepst! [emoji4] How does the patina finish hold up on her? Did Mark clear coat? i have debated having my brass one done but I still love the brass look, just not the frequent polishing [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... How does the patina finish hold up on her? Did Mark clear coat? i have debated having my brass one done but I still love the brass look, just not the frequent polishing [emoji6]

Mommabird62

I have a Bead-Blasted Bronze Tmod, and won't polish it at all, I plan on letting Nature do whatever she likes to it... after-all, it can withstand being shot... :2c:

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I live the bead boated bronze ... I was hesitant to do it at first I'm super glad I just did it , it's my fave finish on the shinny metals.

Let's see some pics of the bb brass, or bbb, with the natural patina happening.
I'm loving the rogue, thank you my brother! I ran across an email that didn't get sent from me to you and I believe that I never even thanked you for it, very very cool, your the man! I'm rocking a 0.2ohm 24ga build w small [2mm) diameter coils, love it!

Reactions: mommabird62

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Beautiful TMod and mushrooms Yepst! [emoji4] How does the patina finish hold up on her? Did Mark clear coat? i have debated having my brass one done but I still love the brass look, just not the frequent polishing [emoji6]

Mommabird62
Thanks Momma, BTW the morels were delicious!! The patina is holding up wonderfully and Mark did clear coat it. Keep in mind that this mod is not out in the field with me....it's a stay-at home mod. Now, the yellow 26650 on the other hand will go with me everywhere.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I live the bead boated bronze ... I was hesitant to do it at first I'm super glad I just did it , it's my fave finish on the shinny metals.

Let's see some pics of the bb brass, or bbb, with the natural patina happening.
I'm loving the rogue, thank you my brother! I ran across an email that didn't get sent from me to you and I believe that I never even thanked you for it, very very cool, your the man! I'm rocking a 0.2ohm 24ga build w small [2mm) diameter coils, love it!

Not much patina happening right now a few darker spots, probably from the natural oils our hands secrete, but photos in the near future for sure. No problem on that, glad it's getting love from someone. I'm loving the Marquis clones, one on the Bronze and I'll be putting the other on my Green Girl soon. The Lancia sits on the Green right now, I'm liking the flavor, not too big a fan of the occasional leaks though.

As for the Rogue, I'm just glad it arrived safely, and you're enjoying it, way too much air for my MTL ways.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Thanks Momma, BTW the morels were delicious!! The patina is holding up wonderfully and Mark did clear coat it. Keep in mind that this mod is not out in the field with me....it's a stay-at home mod. Now, the yellow 26650 on the other hand will go with me everywhere.

Gotcha. We must have the same taste! I have a yellow 26650 coming as well. My brass one does venture out with me in my purse and that was one reason I wondered if that patina would hold up.

I love the look of the brushed brass. It does patina from my hands fairly quickly. Have thought about letting it go awhile without polishing to see how it would look. You can see my hand pattern on it when it starts.

I love mushrooms! But have never seen that type around here. Picking mushrooms in our area is risky, the bad ones look like the safe ones [emoji15] So I get the ones in the store LOL

Mommabird62

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Tom, have the color choices for the SX350J mod been determined? I know I'm way ahead of the game here but I've been obsessing over which color I'd like. I was pretty sure I wanted clear Cerakote over a bead blasted finish but that dang yellow is tempting me.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I'm gonna have chrimsom, usmc red (ferrari), Tiffany Blue, bright white, Burnt Bronze, gloss black, the good yellow, probably gonna have orange, sniper gray, dark midnight blue, Jesse James green, and I may do clear for you if ya ask really nicely.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I'm gonna have chrimsom, usmc red (ferrari), Tiffany Blue, bright white, Burnt Bronze, gloss black, the good yellow, probably gonna have orange, sniper gray, dark midnight blue, Jesse James green, and I may do clear for you if ya ask really nicely.

Well, that doesn't make things any easier, lol. I love white mods so bright white is definitely a contender... along with yellow, clear, crimson, burnt bronze, and dark midnight blue. :facepalm:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
f1f09c33ae59b0ea76d482e6a74fb212.jpg

Yup, it's actually called usmc red but you can tell what siht really looks like bc the cerakote website sucks and who the heck knows what usmc red should look like, but it's that bright red that looks good not some other red.

In my best Spicoli impersonation "aww dude, that's so rad". Damn. The combination of the red and the al-u-minium on the squonk hole make it look like a modern Ferrari with the killer stock rims. So beast bro. So ... beast.

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
In my best Spicoli impersonation "aww dude, that's so rad". Damn. The combination of the red and the al-u-minium on the squonk hole make it look like a modern Ferrari with the killer stock rims. So beast bro. So ... beast.
The Ferrari of squonkers for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread