Total beginner think i jumped in too deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dil92

Sep 20, 2017
hey guys brand new to vaping and wanted to get. Good device straight up not some cheap .... id have to upgrade down the track..... my alien 220w starter kit with the tfv8 baby tank i read the instructions got it going havent had any burning like some people ive read about and seems to produce a fair bit of vapour and taste good but its my first time so it could be ....ed and i just dont know.... what settings do "most" people use i know everyone's different from what ive read but somewhere close to the ball park would be helpful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
start low and slow.... vaping isnt "just like smoking"... its a whole new set of chemicals to get used to. Too many people get the subohm monster kit and find it is just way too much to handle at first. Most of us "older" vapers started on Egos and CE4s... they just didnt supply the heavy hitting vapor levels the new kits today offer... so in effect we were gradually introduced to stronger vape as time went on and thats why there is such a hi number of successful results. :)

hey guys brand new to vaping and wanted to get. Good device straight up not some cheap .... id have to upgrade down the track..... my alien 220w starter kit with the tfv8 baby tank i read the instructions got it going havent had any burning like some people ive read about and seems to produce a fair bit of vapour and taste good but its my first time so it could be ....ed and i just dont know.... what settings do "most" people use i know everyone's different from what ive read but somewhere close to the ball park would be helpful

I worked my way up with the 220, started on about 20w, now up to 48.5 about a month and a half later. I changed to the V8 Baby X4's last week too.

When I first got it though, I shelfed it for 2 weeks. Took some real dedication to go hard at the DLI and get used to it and learn what the hell I was doing, which I am now.....you can't really see through my man cave at present........

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
i read the instructions got it going havent had any burning like some people ive read about and seems to produce a fair bit of vapour and taste good but its my first time so it could be ....ed and i just dont know....
Read the instructions, got good flavor, vapor, no burning...sounds like you've got it under control. Does it provide a pleasant experience for you? Think you can stay off cigarettes with it? Then you're doing it right.

Khannnnn

Sep 1, 2017
Also, that blue looks awesome man. You'll love your alien. I know I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
And a rule of thumb, most of the time a vapes sweet spot is somewhere in the 3.7-4.2 volt range, occasionally 3.2 to 4.7 in my experience.

Look at the resistance of your coil and use a calculator to determine the wattage you need for 3.2V. Alternatively, just use the screen on the mod to check your voltage. From 3.2 start taking hits and increasing in 0.5 watt increments until you get what you like.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Kilroy

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Congratulations on your decision to abandon tobacco. In 2009 I started on pretty crude stuff. There were no settings. Since all I wanted was a tobacco alternative, that didn't bother me. My stuff still has no settings, well it does have airflow, but I leave that wide open. I'm not really interested in figuring out watts or amps or volts. Satisfy the nicotine craving and I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread