Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Can't we discuss the ins/outs and tidbits in the DIY forum and save this thread for ACTUAL Recipes?

It's getting a bit over crowded by side discussions.

My Mint chocolate go to:

6% Double Chocolate Clear
6% Milk Chocolate
4% Creme De Menthe

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I was at a gathering a few months ago,and a guy had some juice made up he called Strawnana. He wrote the recipe on a card for me,and guess who lost it before I got back home!:blush: It taste like a Strawberry Banana Smoothie,man it was good!

I was just inputting some new recipes I have found here on ECF and attached links; and one of them happens to be "Strawnanas'N"Cream2. Perhaps this will get you going in the right direction:
This one came out very tasty so I thought it would be worth posting. Mix and vape and it's pretty nice.

Strawnanas'N'Cream2
5% Ripe Stawberry
4% Banana Cream
3% Bavarian Cream
4% Whipped Cream
2% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

If you don't have the Banana Cream, you might start out with only 1% or 2% of Ripe Banana to start and bump it up if needed.

Hope this helps. :)

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I was just inputting some new recipes I have found here on ECF and attached links; and one of them happens to be "Strawnanas'N"Cream2. Perhaps this will get you going in the right direction:

If you don't have the Banana Cream, you might start out with only 1% or 2% of Ripe Banana to start and bump it up if needed.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks,it looks like it's a good combination of flavors!:)

Reactions: TrollDragon

eray

Mar 28, 2015
TX
Key Lime Pie

80% 75/25 pg/vg mix nicotine (I use 24mg)
10% TFA Key Lime
5% TFA Cheesecake w Graham Crust
5% Cheesecake

The graham crust flavor is VERY strong so I use only 5% of it to keep it from drowning out the other flavors, I add the regular cheescake because it has a nice buttery flavor that just enhances the key lime. If you've ever celebrated the sunset at the end of Duvall St. while having a slice of real Key Lime Pie..... this is the way it tastes.
How much steep time do you give this recipe?

eray

Mar 28, 2015
TX
Does anyone have any good recipes for stand alone fruit flavors? Say like just pear or just mango type of things.

RAZZY DRAGON:
10% TFA Raspberry
5% TFA Dragon Fruit
(I think this tastes much like a bomb pop but needs sweetener, say 2% EM?)

e-Liquid Calculator:: DIY Razzy Dragon

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Noob Question here but 20% TPA seems to strong but loads of you mix at that. Is this because I sub ohm at 0.25ohm, I'm guessing that the flavour is stronger lung hitting than say a 1.8ohm coil, mouth to lung. Any quick thoughts, sorry for off topic..
I have found when mixing juices, less seems to be more, mixing 3 flavours is my max. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Reactions: TrollDragon

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Noob Question here but 20% TPA seems to strong but loads of you mix at that. Is this because I sub ohm at 0.25ohm, I'm guessing that the flavour is stronger lung hitting than say a 1.8ohm coil, mouth to lung. Any quick thoughts, sorry for off topic..
I have found when mixing juices, less seems to be more, mixing 3 flavours is my max. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

My first comment is that you need to keep in mind that "20% flavor" is technically a misnomer. The amount of real flavor components is actually much, much smaller and the major component of all flavor is PG, PGA or another carrier, like water for example.

My next comment is that all flavors vary in intensity. For example I regularly mix caramel cappuccino at 2.5% and Captain Black at .5%. If I try Captain Black at 2.5% it is over powering and far too strong to vape.

My last comment is that everyone experiences taste/flavor differently. I can taste some things at lower levels than others can and vice versa.

In short, it's all a matter of personal preferences and the ability to "taste" flavors.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
My first comment is that you need to keep in mind that "20% flavor" is technically a misnomer. The amount of real flavor components is actually much, much smaller and the major component of all flavor is PG, PGA or another carrier, like water for example.

My next comment is that all flavors vary in intensity. For example I regularly mix caramel cappuccino at 2.5% and Captain Black at .5%. If I try Captain Black at 2.5% it is over powering and far too strong to vape.

My last comment is that everyone experiences taste/flavor differently. I can taste some things at lower levels than others can and vice versa.

In short, it's all a matter of personal preferences and the ability to "taste" flavors.

Trail and error and making test batches, OK, thank you for taking the time to help, I will start off low and build up as needed, think I'm on the right track now..

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
Did anyone find out a good way to get the clear gummy bear taste. I remember someone talking about it but dont know. Thanks

Heres a recipe i really enjoy
-Jackfruit Delight-
70%vg 30%pg base 10 mg nic
10 ml
10% jackfruit
3% dragonfruit
4 drops of marshmallow (mixed at 50% MM and 50% pg)

Good all day light vape
Are there any other flavors that go well with Jackfruit?:unsure:

j0nj0n3s

May 6, 2015
Alabama
I ordered a lot of tfa flavors and all the stuff to start diying yesterday. I'm going to try something really vanilla to start, but I'm worried it may turn out badly. I was going to do a 10ml batch first. I was going to try a high VG blend at 3mg. I was going to use 3-4 different vanilla blends at .25-.5ml of flavoring. Does this seem like it would turn out well? I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. But I hear diy is trial and error. But any help would be appreciated. After that I'm going to try a strawberry cream or strawberry cheesecake...

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I ordered a lot of tfa flavors and all the stuff to start diying yesterday. I'm going to try something really vanilla to start, but I'm worried it may turn out badly. I was going to do a 10ml batch first. I was going to try a high VG blend at 3mg. I was going to use 3-4 different vanilla blends at .25-.5ml of flavoring. Does this seem like it would turn out well? I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. But I hear diy is trial and error. But any help would be appreciated. After that I'm going to try a strawberry cream or strawberry cheesecake...

You could check here for some recipes :\
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Cigarette Forum
For recipes only!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum
Mega TFA / TPA Recipe Thread : DIY_eJuice (TFA/TPA)
Solid list of DIY clones! : DIY_eJuice
Accueil - Le DIY pour les Nuls
TFA_Vendor's Recipes_06_23_14.pdf - Google Drive

Good luck in your diy journey. :)

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Clone of a local B&Ms juice, called Much'Ado.
TFA Honeydew - 4%
TFA Watermelon Candy - 1%
TFA Canataloupe - 4%
TFA Ripe Strawberry -2%
TFA Bavarian Cream - 2%

Strawberries and Cream:
TFA Ripe Strawberry - 8%
TFA Bavarian Cream - 4%
TFA Cheesecake - 4%

Edit: One more to add.
Alice In Vapeland: White Rabbit clone

TFA Blueberry Wild - 6%
TFA Lemon -2%
TFA Graham Cracker (clear) - 3%
TFA Bavarian Cream -3%
TFA Berry Crunch -3%

Last edited:

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
You need a calculator - eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator is very popular and is the one I use.

Depending on how strong you like your flavors, you might start with something around 15% flavor, then work up or down depending on how you liked it.

Vanillas benefit from a bit of steeping (just resting in a dark place like a cabinet or closet) - I like to let my vanillas steep at least two weeks. Give them an occasional shake during the steeping.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread