TPA's DK Tobacco Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the smell, it smells like apples.

Has anyone found a good recipe for this flavor? It's so strong that it dominated the mixes I made with it, and you can't really use it at 10% or more where the flavor would even be tasted. 4 drops in a mix and it reeked up my whole house. Right now I got the flavor in a plastic bag because it smelled so strongly that I was getting whiffs of it in bed 3 (BIG) rooms over. This smell haunts my dreams and like an idiot I got the 1oz big bottle because people were raving about it in the reviews about how it's their all day vape. Is there anything I can do with it other than douse myself with it as a people repellent?

Hi there ShogaNinja. Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but I have a trick that will help to file down the appley/perfumy notes in the DK tobacco flavoring. I mix it as usual (for me, it's 5% DK, 25% pg, 70% vg, 18mg target nic, counting the DK as part of the pg to make a 30/70 mix). 5% DK is strong enough to have a very present flavor. Then, after you have made your total mix, add 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar per 5 ml of total mix (adjust according to your drop size). The vinegar will not have a flavor at this amount, but it will work to file down the rough edges of the flavor. Then, right after mixing and adding vinegar, give it a hot water bath for about 15 minutes, shaking it about every 5 minutes while it's bathing. After that, set it in a cupboard uncovered for 24 hours. Then cap it and let it steep for a couple days more. After that, it should turn out to be a pleasant and balanced flavor. Best of luck, and let me know how it turns out! :)

totaltechsvc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
www.cravinvapes.com
Hi there ShogaNinja. Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but I have a trick that will help to file down the appley/perfumy notes in the DK Tobacco flavoring. I mix it as usual (for me, it's 5% DK, 25% pg, 70% vg, 18mg target nic, counting the DK as part of the pg to make a 30/70 mix). 5% DK is strong enough to have a very present flavor. Then, after you have made your total mix, add 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar per 5 ml of total mix (adjust according to your drop size). The vinegar will not have a flavor at this amount, but it will work to file down the rough edges of the flavor. Then, right after mixing and adding vinegar, give it a hot water bath for about 15 minutes, shaking it about every 5 minutes while it's bathing. After that, set it in a cupboard uncovered for 24 hours. Then cap it and let it steep for a couple days more. After that, it should turn out to be a pleasant and balanced flavor. Best of luck, and let me know how it turns out! :)

Im giving this a try. I have three tabacco concentrates M-type, DK Tab & a china 555 that are strong and have a floral perfume like note that I don't care for. I will report back with my findings in a week or two.
photo.jpg

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
some times with 1% of vz vagina. or 1% of tobacco absolute diluted the same way.

I started this post a long time ago when I was a youngling and I figured it's time to come back for an update. I never opened the bottle again. It's like Pandora's Box, I don't want to unleash that back upon the world. Some things are best left alone. I only have white vinegar and haven't remembered to get apple cider so the recommendations, while totally appreciated, have not been taken. I recommend instead of finding creative mad scientist things to do with it I'd rather recommend that nobody waste their money on it. :)

BTW:
If it smelled like that it would be my all day vape. I think he means VIRGINIA!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
What do u guys mean by let it breath ?? Like steeping it for a week with the bottle open ?? Also if it is so overwhelming , why arent u using it at 2 or 3% ?? I have a bottle of it coming btw :)

Yeah the juice I mixed with it I let it steep open topped for a week. Still, months later, I'll catch a whiff of it in my man cave, even though it's sealed tightly and in a ziplock bag lol.. This flavor STILL haunts me. I don't know why I keep it around - maybe it's just the belief that one day when I become a master DIY'r that I'll know what to do with it.

Maybe I'll play a prank on someone and pour it out somewhere just to see the shock and horror of the drama that ensues. That would be so worth the money.

jduncan

Jun 19, 2010
Richmond, Va
TPA DK certainly has a place at my vapor-station.
I never mix it higher than 5%; my standard tobacco base (as posted elsewhere in DIY Recipes) is:
3% DK Tob
5% Marshmallow
3% Caramel
3% Hazelnut
1-3% EM to taste
Steep 48 hours, minimum.
All TPA flavors

Sometimes I'll mix in a little Tobacco Extract or Absolute (never more than 2drops/10ml; STRONG stuff, this!), or try some of the other tobacco flavors in place or addition to DK. The above recipe, in one form or another, is always with me. Its great in a carto-tank; didn't really blow my skirt up in a DID (fruit/sweet, FTW).
If I mix most tobaccos (esp. DK) above 5% I find I start picking up wierd flavors (floral, mainly) that I dont care for. While extremely important to tobacco flavors, I dont think steeping will help overconcentrated tobaccos all that much.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
I recommend instead of finding creative mad scientist things to do with it I'd rather recommend that nobody waste their money on it. :)

Wow, ShogaNinja, glad i didn't see this till now, i might not have ever bought this. I liked this so much that i ordered 120ml direct from TFA and paid $11.40 to ship two bottles. My first try was 8% DK and 2% menthol and it turned out great for me. Made 100ml and used up very quick. Haven't used the new bottle yet, hope its the same.

Scarab30

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
colorado
TPA DK certainly has a place at my vapor-station.
I never mix it higher than 5%; my standard tobacco base (as posted elsewhere in DIY Recipes) is:
3% DK Tob
5% Marshmallow
3% Caramel
3% Hazelnut
1-3% EM to taste
Steep 48 hours, minimum.
All TPA flavors

Sometimes I'll mix in a little Tobacco Extract or Absolute (never more than 2drops/10ml; STRONG stuff, this!), or try some of the other tobacco flavors in place or addition to DK. The above recipe, in one form or another, is always with me. Its great in a carto-tank; didn't really blow my skirt up in a DID (fruit/sweet, ...).
If I mix most tobaccos (esp. DK) above 5% I find I start picking up wierd flavors (floral, mainly) that I dont care for. While extremely important to tobacco flavors, I dont think steeping will help overconcentrated tobaccos all that much.

Good recipe! Everyone searching for something to use their DK in...Search no more! Thanks JDuncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread