Traveling with your REO? What do you pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi All -

Even though I am winding down my vaping, I still always travel with a mod of some sort. Most often it is my REO, but I have a few other devices that I like to give attention to. They have feelings too, right?

Anyway, when traveling with my REO, I find myself packing extra wire, cotton, a screwdriver, and all the other essentials to make sure I am fully equipped. But, the more I think about it, it is probably overkill!

Knowing that I am more than a little OCD, I was looking for others who travel quite a bit to chime in with their "essential REO travel gear." Pics are welcome, as I am really looking for ideas to trim it down and keep my travel goods as light, as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 73neb

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
I'm sitting in the airport in Cairo, vaping my reo as I type this. I carry two reo's,or a reo and a peko, 4 batteries, charger, two 30 ml bottles of juice, little folding scissors, and two strips of kgd. Been here 8 days and never needed to rewick. I recoiled one before I left, and the other has month old coils in it. I carry two just because I like to always have two different flavors with me. You could easily cut down to half of what I carry. Safe travels!

Last edited:

AU717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Spring, TX
2 grands both with good attys (clean coils before leaving if questionable) cotton, scissors and 4 charged batteries. If longer than two days then bring the charger. I've never had to rewick but if I don't bring the cotton that is when I will need it.......
still lovin that white oak/ebony btw

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
My "go bag" includes....

* Two reos (never know when you're gonna drop a spring or crack a firing pin). Likelihood of them both going down on a single trip, pretty much nil.

* Two built/wicked atties (mostly for build redundancy - I like to avoid rebuilding on the road if I can).

* One pad KGD cotton for wicking.

* Scissors and tweezers (skipped if I only have carry-on luggage).

* Very small roll of kanthal (juuuuust in case).

* 4 18650 batteries.

* Battery charger if trip longer than 2 days.

* 30ml juice bottles x <however many flavours I care to enjoy while I'm away>

* Big, satisfied grin (which I wear on my face pretty much the whole time).

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Usually 2 or 3 Reos, all with freshly wicked attys. Several 6ml Reo Bottles, all filled with about 5ml of juice. 4 to 6 batteries, in battery cases. A small baggie of KGD or Cotton Bacon. Tweezers and cuticle scissors, in case I need to rewick. Charger. I don't take any coil building gear or wire.

Reactions: Kh888

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
:2c: Let your real life experiences when at home be your guide to what you will actually need. IMO what's "on board" each Reo, with extra batts and joose to last the trip length, a charger for longer trips. I don't see carrying supplies to rebuild atty's other than wick material if it will be a long enough trip to change it as you do at home. Since I dedicate joose to Reos even the KGD wicks don't need to be changed very often (mostly with the NETS), the RxW never. Wire, meh, coils last a very long time, longer than most any trip, even all summer. I have coils that are so old that they are legit antiques now that are still just fine. Any tools you feel you need for the above that can be taken on your mode of transportation. That said...

My trips are short, most can be measured in just a couple/few hours instead of days, weeks or months except when out with my lady friend overnight or for a day or two. No OCD here, so what's on board one or two Reos is all I take other than 10ml unicorn bottles of joose as needed. At around 30mls a day it's a sure bet I'll be refilling 6ml bottles and any 3ml bottles more than once or twice or thrice. Never had a need to rewick let alone rebuild anything, never collapsed a spring, etc. I carry the in use Reo in a shirt pocket, if with a backup Reo along it and everything else in a Vape Sock that will fit in a pocket or can be clipped on a belt/loop with it's carabiner (or just keep it in a vehicle/at her house).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I actually bring a whole little "rebuilding kit" I put together.
I've only used it once, and didn't HAVE to...I just felt like it!
It's a slick setup - sorry can't do a photo - I'm travelling right now...but it's one of those 6x3 zipper cases, like $4 from FastTech, and it's got in it: a little wick, a whole roll of wire, my wick scissors, a nailclipper for wiresnipping, my coilmaster, one of those $15 ohm-meters, and a spare carto for nostalgia. :)

Mostly what I need: A couple batteries, a charger, and juice.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
As a career trucker - two Grands/ RM2 with good coils and fresh KGD wicks, three spare batteries in a travel case, spare juice, and an emergency kit that contains KGD cotton, small cuticle scissor, and a "In Case of Emergency" dual coil cartomizer. Yes, I still have one, just in case...

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
two reo's with cotton bf atty on top (not smart bring mesh atomizer even if they are dripper like the origen v2) a charger and 4 batteries with 2 bottle of 50 ml for each flavour.

Then again it depends of what trip i have to do. When i go to the gf's house to the beach on vacation i bring all my reos (except the woodwil) and tons of liquids and the rebuilding kit. If i have to trip for 3-4 days outside my country i bring with me 1 reo and 1 bottle of 50 ml and 2 batteries (ofc the charger).

Reactions: Kh888

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
DoubleD's 'Crap happens' case :p

943950_10154688368812699_1792694343916392067_n.jpg

Inside you'll find:
  1. Rayon
  2. Nolax
  3. Hexkey (Used for O16 post screws and Reo 510 adjustment - pretty awesome, I know :lol:)
  4. Sciccors
  5. Nail clipper for sniping kanthal
  6. Tiny screw driver (I use it solely to poke at my rayon, to position it)
  7. Coil jig
  8. Tweesers
  9. Roll of kanthal
  10. Spare Reo spring (ya never know)
  11. A random spare o'ring (i dont how his got in here lol)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I agree with what everyone said. I over packed for my last vaca tho. :facepalm: But if you need to rebuild, ohm meter is a must. And I used extra REO bottles, filled them up with different juices and put caps on them which saved me from having to pack extra glass juice bottles.

I also went ahead and built 2 extra toppers and changed those out instead of rebuilding. I checked them on my meter just to be sure nothing got knocked around and they were the exact ohm as I built them at home.

Enjoy your trip :toast:

Last edited:

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've actually never traveled a long distance with mine yet. I know I'd bring a spool of 28g kanthal, oh hell, pretty much everything I need to rebuild and rewick. Charger, batteries, spare door so people think I have 2 mods :p and a 250ml bottle of my unflavored. I'd also take a spare spring that I have yet to have to use haha, but you never know when I might make a mistake and mess up.

Reactions: AngiBe

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've actually never traveled a long distance with mine yet. I know I'd bring a spool of 28g kanthal, oh hell, pretty much everything I need to rebuild and rewick. Charger, batteries, spare door so people think I have 2 mods :p and a 250ml bottle of my unflavored. I'd also take a spare spring that I have yet to have to use haha, but you never know when I might make a mistake and mess up.

If you take 250ml of unflavored, I'd split it up into about 3 bottles. I believe the regulations are 3 ounces of liquid in a bottle, sealed in a Baggie. 3 ounces is about 90ml.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
If you take 250ml of unflavored, I'd split it up into about 3 bottles. I believe the regulations are 3 ounces of liquid in a bottle, sealed in a Baggie. 3 ounces is about 90ml.

Thank you, I didn't know that. If I get on a plane again I'll have to remember to that.

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread