Trouble with New Kanger Juppi Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Ha! That's a new one. Interesting. I wonder if NC coils can also be used in power mode, like Kanthal?
You can use any coil in power mode.
But should only use TC for Ni (Nickle) & Ti (Titanium)
As for NC ( Nichrome ) and SS, these can be used in power/wattage mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Last edited:

Spikel

Oct 10, 2017
IMO, the Juppi mod in TC mode is not good. Not being able to reduce the wattage lower than the preset 75watts stinks.
When I first got it I was wondering what the notch coil was made of. Kangertech got back to me stating it was Nichrome. The hit I would get in NK mode was to powerful for my liking. But,, if you had the degrees set low, it would shut it down. I would get a powerful hit for a shorter time.
Like I said before, Kangertech don't make a good TC mod.
It was a waste of money getting the Juppi kit. Only needed the Juppi tank, which I think is a good flavor / cloud tank designed for VG juice.
No leaks... Same coil for months, just new cotton.
I got the whole kit for 15 dollars from some overseas site. Took a month to ship but heck 18 bucks total. Beats my i stick 30w

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm glad you found the problem and I hope you selected a "safe" battery off Mooch's list. If you got a rewrap well that's probably better than what you are using, but if so you do need to order some batteries from the recommended vendor's listed at the bottom of the chart, as soon as you can. If it's a rewrap, it will look different from any battery listed on Mooch's chart. Some vendors are known for rewrapping batteries, which is why I am mentioning it.

Battery safety is really the most important component of vaping, is what I've decided. It really, really is.

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Actually, you should only use Ni and TI coils in TC mode and never in power/wattage mode. Ni and Ti can be dangerous if not TC'ed.

SS coils can be used in either.

NC, or NiChrome, can be selected in the Juppi menu. It's also in the Battlestar's menu. My limited experience with NiChrome on the Battlestar in that mode has been disappointing. It will fire, but it hits protection in a snap and produces a very weak hit. I suspect it's the same with the Kanger mod (I only have the tank). I haven't played with it much yet but intend to in the days or week ahead, time permitting.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Um, not true. Kanthal, Ti, Ni200 and regular NC coils can't be used in power mode. ;)

But my question was whether Juppi's NC coils can be used both in power and TC modes (since there's a special TC setting in Juppi's for their NC coils). I should have been more precise.

Right.

I've never seen NC setting in temperature control mode before, hence my confusion. Initially, NiChrome was the only wire used in all commercially produced e-cig atomizers (years before Evolv invented TC boards). Kanthal appeared on the scene later and was used mainly for RBAs but some Chinese manufacturers began using it in their premade coils.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My limited experience with NiChrome on the Battlestar in that mode has been disappointing. It will fire, but it hits protection in a snap and produces a very weak hit. I suspect it's the same with the Kanger mod (I only have the tank).

I wonder why they even make NC coils for TC. We already have three wires that work fine in TC. :confused:
I haven't played with it much yet but intend to in the days or week ahead, time permitting.

Please let us know. And thanks!

Spikel

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks guys, been in a honeymoon phase with my vape. Lotsa fun. If you run it 60+ watts does that risk burning the cotton if you vape too often (2 hits a min/ 3-4 2mins)? I was getting a nasty taste more often even at lower temps and I saw upon analyzing that the cotton was burnt a little. Just a little black mark. I replaced the cotton after watching a tutorial and it's way better now,but I get that awful hell flavor if I vape too often at that high a wattage still. Not as bad is it was. Just trying to understand the underlying cause for maximum vaping enjoyment.

Thank you guys

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Um, not true. Kanthal, Ti, Ni200 and regular NC coils can't be used in power mode. ;)

Kanthal and nichrome can not be used in other than power mode, reliably at least (except on homh tech mods). The tcr of them is simply too low. Technically, any wire can be used in power mode, it's just not recommended.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Kanthal and nichrome can not be used in other than power mode, reliably at least (except on homh tech mods). The tcr of them is simply too low. Technically, any wire can be used in power mode, it's just not recommended.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

:facepalm: Thanks, you're right of course. That's what I meant to say.

I wish I could edit my post, but it's too late. Sorry.

Kanthal, NiChrome and SS can be safely used in power mode.

Ti and Ni200--TC only.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I wonder why they even make NC coils for TC. We already have three wires that work fine in TC. :confused:

Please let us know. And thanks!
I don't know how the Kanger Juppi mod handles NiCr mode, but I've been fiddlin' with NiCr on my Battlestar. I posted my thoughts in the Battlestar thread so as not to hijack this thread on the Juppi.

Mash this.

Spikel

Oct 10, 2017
Just updating. I rewicked the coil in the Juppi tank and it worked great... Until I dropped the tank and it shattered! Had to wait a week and a half for another tank to ship because nobody in my area carries them. Do you guys know if the Juppi is being phased out? If so I wanna stock up on glass.

I called about 10 e cig stores and most of them didn't seem to even know what a Juppi is.

• Optimistic

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
What rotten luck! I was looking at buying one because I like the rewickable coils. I do not know if it is getting phased out but they seem to release a lot of stuff. I only use Kanger because it is so easy for me. I had to buy some other Kanger parts for what I use and saw that FastTech has authentic Juppi tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread