UltraFire Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
So I got a coupe UltraFire LC 18650 3000 mAh 3.7V batteries a while ago. They don't have a flat positive end but more of a narrow possitive end. Not currently using them but wanted to know the specs of them to see if I could use them in any of my vaping equipment. Tried doing research online but didn't find the info I was looking for. Anyone able to tell me or point me to a website with the info? Like continuous amp and max burst anp rating. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

14739af35d5537c07ffbd20a72244828.jpg

2cbed531fde657f951ec6656c2a70f66.jpg

Last edited:

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016
Those batteries aren't good for vaping.

What mod are you using?
Yea I haven't used them for any vaping equipment. I originally got them for a laser pointer and I was just wondering if they could be used for vaping. I guessed they would not be but better to ask.

I do have a Sigeili 150W TC, a Rx200, and a Noisy Cricket though.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Moved to Batteries and Chargers.

Avoid using any battery with fire in it's name with vaping gear they are very cheap mixed quality battery's at best.

Definitely. Any battery with "Fire" in the name may life up to the word when used in our mods.

Live4Vaping

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 29, 2016

Definitely. Any battery with "Fire" in the name may life up to the word when used in our mods.

Thank you for moving it where it needed to be put. Still trying to find my way around a little.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
So I got a coupe UltraFire LC 18650 3000 mAh 3.7V batteries a while ago. They don't have a flat positive end but more of a narrow possitive end. Not currently using them but wanted to know the specs of them to see if I could use them in any of my vaping equipment. Tried doing research online but didn't find the info I was looking for. Anyone able to tell me or point me to a website with the info? Like continuous amp and max burst anp rating. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

14739af35d5537c07ffbd20a72244828.jpg

2cbed531fde657f951ec6656c2a70f66.jpg
Rechargeable Batteries

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Avoid using any battery with fire in it's name with vaping gear they are very cheap mixed quality battery's at best.
good Question Im so glad you checked in with ECF first.
Youve got pretty decent hardware to care for. I JUST started the habit of checking into ECF before I reorder vapegear.
This way If theres new products or recalls and info, i hopefully can find it.
sometimes overwhelming data is better than none. :D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ICR (Li-ion) batteries have been obsolete for vaping purposes for a couple of years now. The are NOT safe chemistry and with a low current (low amps continuous discharge rate) rating of 3 - 4 amps CDR. Save these for your laser pointer only.

You need to use an IMR (Li-Mn) or INR battery chemistry. Safer chemistry and higher drain (20 - 30 amps CDR).

Never use any battery with "Fire" in its name. They are recognized as a poor quality battery in general. (Trustfire, Surefire, Ultrafire, etc)

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
ICR (Li-ion) batteries have been obsolete for vaping purposes for a couple of years now. The are NOT safe chemistry and with a low current (low amps continuous discharge rate) rating of 3 - 4 amps CDR. Save these for your laser pointer only.

You need to use an IMR (Li-Mn) or INR battery chemistry. Safer chemistry and higher drain (20 - 30 amps CDR).

Never use any battery with "Fire" in its name. They are recognized as a poor quality battery in general. (Trustfire, Surefire, Ultrafire, etc)

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

If you're somewhat noob to ECF, Baditiude is certainly one of the experts on the subject, you can trust he'll steer you int he right direction for knowledge base. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread