Is this battery any good for the silver bullet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone just got a quick question is this battery any good for the silver bullet??

AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery - New Version
AW P18650 - 26 SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Constant Voltage : 3.7V
  • Capacity : 2600mAH ( rated at 0.2C discharge 4.2V - 2.8V @ 25℃ )
  • Operating Temp. : Charge 0 to 45℃ / Discharge -20 to 60 ℃
  • Max. Charge Rate : 2.6A ( ambient temp. 25 ℃ )
  • Max. Discharge Rate : 5.2A ( ambient temp. 25 ℃ )
  • Dimensions :18.52 X 68.16mm ( +/- 0.3mm )

Are they worth the $15.99 each battery? is that the true mah "2600mah"? How do they perform? Is the performance the same as lets say a regular trustfire/ultrafire 18650 battery?(Iam talking about do they put out slightly more vapor?) Are the magnet button top that you have to put on the possitive end a problem?

IF anyone know anything about this battery please educate!!! thanks

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
[commented on other thread]
My experience with the AWs is with the 14500 (750mAh) I use in my BB. They seem to consistently outperform my TrustFire 14500 (900mAh) -- last longer. They are protected AND have the additional pressure/vent disconnect.

The ones you've pictured above have that whopping 5.2A max discharge rate. Fully charged at 4.2v using a 510 atomizer at 2.2 ohms (worst case) you should be drawing about 1.9A Well within their operating range. I think they're well worth the price.

No idea about the magnetic spacer. The BB is designed for the 14500 so none needed there. I thought the SB was designed for the 18650? Do you need a spacer?

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com
[commented on other thread]
My experience with the AWs is with the 14500 (750mAh) I use in my BB. They seem to consistently outperform my TrustFire 14500 (900mAh) -- last longer. They are protected AND have the additional pressure/vent disconnect.

The ones you've pictured above have that whopping 5.2A max discharge rate. Fully charged at 4.2v using a 510 atomizer at 2.2 ohms (worst case) you should be drawing about 1.9A Well within their operating range. I think they're well worth the price.

No idea about the magnetic spacer. The BB is designed for the 14500 so none needed there. I thought the SB was designed for the 18650? Do you need a spacer?

See iam not sure if you need the spacer but there only .20 cent each ill pic up a couple to be on the safe side

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com
If you have the old style contact on your SB then yes you will need the spacer for the flat top battery. The old style contact is grey/silver in color. The new style is copper, which does not need the magnetic spacer. The spacer is used to "create" a button.

ok cool then i wont get them
well iam plainning on order the silver bullet today

Last edited:

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
These batteries work fine just grab a magnetic spacer in case you have the old style connector. I haven't really tested them for battery life, but I imagine they are rated to last longer while using a higher amperage draw compared to the performance of the ultrafire brand. Using this battery in the single SB will probably yield the same battery life as the 3000mAh ultrafire. The AW batteries might actually have a longer total lifespan though.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I don't see the discharge rate when looking at the specs of this battery. I followed the links, starting with the high discharge battery listed in two places:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/73528-6v-not-answer-high-drain-cells-answer.html

AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery

These have a higher "mAh" rating, but since the discharge rate is not listed, like the "AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium batteries", which are listed/rated at 10C, wondering what the benefit or difference is?

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Great battery. I use them to vape at 3.7v. Just a note but when you put them in your charger just spin them a bit until the red charging light comes on. At first I put the magnetic spacer on and they were a VERY tight fit. Later I found out that the spacer isn't needed if you twist them a bit.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I don't see the discharge rate when looking at the specs of this battery. I followed the links, starting with the high discharge battery listed in two places:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/73528-6v-not-answer-high-drain-cells-answer.html

AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery

These have a higher "mAh" rating, but since the discharge rate is not listed, like the "AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium batteries", which are listed/rated at 10C, wondering what the benefit or difference is?
Discharge rate is 5.2 shown in the first post.

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
The benefit of the LiMN is the amount of current they can deliver, and is probably only noticeable above 3A discharge. They are also capable of charging at 4.5A, which equals a really fast charge in an appropriate charger.

The benefit of the AW 2600, these are protected against a accidental short, over discharge and over charging.

Edited to make more sense*

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
The benefit of the LiMN is the amount of current they can deliver, and is probably only noticeable above 3A discharge. They are also capable of charging at 4.5A, which equals a really fast charge in an appropriate charger.

The benefit of the AW 2600, these are protected against a accidental short, over discharge and over charging.

whoa, let's get it right on the charge rate... This is what lighthound has listed under the specifications. Are you talking about the same battery?

• Constant Voltage : 3.7V
  • Capacity : 2600mAH ( rated at 0.2C discharge 4.2V - 2.8V @ 25℃ )
  • Operating Temp. : Charge 0 to 45℃ / Discharge -20 to 60 ℃
  • Max. Charge Rate : 2.6A ( ambient temp. 25 ℃ )
  • Max. Discharge Rate : 5.2A ( ambient temp. 25 ℃ )
  • Dimensions :18.52 X 68.16mm ( +/- 0.3mm )

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Then I ASSUME, that discharge rate shown as AMPS, is the same as discharge rates shown as "C". This would mean the lower mAh batteries deliver almost twice the current, but do not last as long, CORRECT?

Yes... I think so... 8-o

Let's try this. [my understanding]
"C" is more a measure of capacity than a rate (sort of)
If a battery is rated at 2600mAh that means that it can supply a 2600mA current for 1 hour. It would go from fully charged to drained in 1 hour supplying 2600 milli-Amps.

So that gives you the capacity of the battery. The other thing you want to know is how much current can you draw from the battery instantaneously.

Given the 2600mAh battery above they list the max discharge rate as 5200mA. That means you should be able to draw a 5200mA current from the battery without overheating it.

If you were to draw 5200mA from the battery you would expect to drain it in 1/2 hour.
2 * 2600 = 5200 = 2(C).

1) figure out the current you're going to draw in milli-Amps
2) check to see if it's within the mfg's operating range for the battery (max discharge rate).
3) divide the current you're going to draw into the mAh rating for the battery and you're left with the time the battery will last in hours.

Since both batteries are 3.7v batteries you can directly compare the capacity by comparing the mAh rating (stamped on the battery).

In our application you're going to be using the same atomizer so your current draw will be the same. Bigger mAh rating will mean the battery will (should) last longer.

If you're going to draw a current (for short periods) that is larger than the max discharge rate then you're going to want to keep close tabs on the heat -- actually it's just a bad idea.

hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

My understanding of the LiMN chemistry, from what I have read, is it is supposedly as safe or safer then my LIFEPO4 batteries. Using my Pila charger I am NOT concerned about "overcharging" as this expensive charger has a real cutoff circuit at 4.2 volts.

Now over discharging is another issue, something I have yet to experience as I get no vapor in my GGTS mod when the voltage gets too low, but not lower then the battery specs call for. With my 3.0 volt LIFEPO4 batteries using two in series, I do notice one battery is often more severely discharged then the other when I notice little vapor and pull them out. Even so, even the lower voltage one charges completely for me.

So even though I like to be extremely safe with my batteries, I think the LiMN batteries would be SAFE via chemistry and in only needing a SINGLE one at 3.7 volts.

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com

123ou.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I found this here might be helpful:

18650 Battery Test - CandlePowerForums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread