Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
You know, Russ and I clearly have our differences of opinion on unflavored nicotine. But with that said, I'm finally "getting it" in terms of why he likes unflavored juice. Granted we're using different nic - and have our distinct reasons for our nic of choice right now - but I made a decision yesterday. So, I'm a flavor chaser these days. Perhaps not full on, but mostly so. I've gotten to the point where my normal rig is a single coil with restricted lung hits. I vape lots of Nicoticket, and more and more DIY flavorings. But, yesterday I decided: you know what, one of my mods always has a Vector built to .3 ohms and loaded with 6mg (vs my normal 3mg). This is because, yes, I'm an anxious, stress-prone, physically tense-as-all-heck sloth. Tense and stress-prone to an extreme really. So yes, I need my "nic fix" and I get that by blasting some low ohm dual coils from time to time.

But, doing so guzzles juice. And, the Vector, while it has good flavor, pales compared to my standard flavor rigs (Mantas, single coils). So, I figured, you know...if all I'm going for is really a nic fix when I hit that particular setup, why guzzle flavor? After all, I'm vaping flavors along side it at 3mg all day long. Yesterday the benefits of switching my nic fix rig to unflavored made a lot of sense to me. For one thing, guzzling juice, no big deal--unflavored is the cheapest way to vape by leaps and bounds. Another thing is that it would help to "refresh" my palette so that my flavor chasing rigs will taste all the better. Also, people say that when running unflavored, there's little to no gunkup and even a cotton wick could last days or a week. That's cool for a nic fix setup. I don't mind rewicking for my flavor chasing every day or 2, but it's a nice thought that the nic rig needs less maintenance.

I think I was aware of these advantages before, but seriously could not vape unflavored mfs nic. The only time I did, I gagged and dry heaved. But with this NN stuff I like it ok, so I went ahead and loaded up the Vector with unflavored. And in all honesty, I'm digging it.

Will I ever be a full-on unflavored junkie? No, that's not what I'm saying at all. But finally--unflavored has a place in my life. I think that mod is designated as my unflavored mod now. I'm pretty happy with being able to do this and enjoy this; if all goes according to plan, it will actually increase my appreciation of flavors when I use them. And if I get sick, I vape this, and I'm not wasting flavor when I can't taste it.

I think this marks the end of my buying premium ejuice. I have enough NT to last over a year. As much as I love it, I'm finally making some decent DIY and enjoying unflavored. I foresee nothing but diy in my future after the NT stock runs down.

Sorry for the long one, just kinda stoked about this. Mentally unstable freak of an X, I finally "get" you. Flavor's not necessary to enjoy a good vape. I can enjoy a vape alongside you without the flavor now.

But I'll always have flavors in rotation. I'm a flavor junkie. My mind is blown though by the immense variations within vaping...from every type of flavor out there, to the lack thereof. From harsh to smooth. High nic to no nic. Make it your own :)

Busy day ahead, have a good one everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread