upgrade time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry7001

Sep 26, 2015
Hamilton, ON
Using Kanger Evod 2 for about 2 months now & it's time to move on to bigger & better. I'm thinking iStick mini. So damn cute! Topped with an Aspire Nautilus mini tank. My Kanger is fine to take to work, where I just have 2 short smoke breaks in an 8 hour shift. But it's a pain if I'm home vaping on & off all day having to switch & charge batteries. Not to mention I accidentally put it into my coffee, which was right beside the empty mug I use as a holder, LOL.
I know nothing about watts & voltage & ohms. I'm afraid I won't know how to use it. I want something user-friendly for a newbie. Does it fit the bill?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
istick mini seems like it would be a good upgrade for you, esp. if you do not want to break the bank.

Actually, if you want less fuss, the full size nautilus might be better for you, since the mini really does not hold much and you will be filling all the time, sort of like you were charging batts all the time. Just bringing that up since you seem to want a few "less chores" with your vape.

It has a screen where you can switch from Watts to Volts.......really all you gotta do is press the up and down buttons til you get the vape you like. Not a lot of ohms watts voltage knowledge necessary

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Using Kanger Evod 2 for about 2 months now & it's time to move on to bigger & better. I'm thinking iStick mini. So damn cute! Topped with an Aspire Nautilus mini tank. My Kanger is fine to take to work, where I just have 2 short smoke breaks in an 8 hour shift. But it's a pain if I'm home vaping on & off all day having to switch & charge batteries. Not to mention I accidentally put it into my coffee, which was right beside the empty mug I use as a holder, LOL.
I know nothing about watts & voltage & ohms. I'm afraid I won't know how to use it. I want something user-friendly for a newbie. Does it fit the bill?

I would not recommend the Istick Mini. Because of short battery life. I think the Istick 30 or istick40tc. A full 2000 mah battery should be able to last all day. The battery in the mini is only 1,050 mah.

Is it cute and compact? Heck yeah! But would rather have a battery that lasts all day.

Nothing worse than wanting a vape but you can't because the battery is dead.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Definitely opt for the iStick 30w. It's very small and more versatile than the mini.

Attachments

• iStick_Bic.jpg
    iStick_Bic.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: djsvapour

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Definitely opt for the iStick 30w. It's very small and more versatile than the mini.

I agree completely. I see the Istick mini as being useful for road trips or the office where an employee only has a few smoke breaks a day.

1050 mah. Will not last too long at full power.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The iStick Mini only goes to 10 watts. Get a 30 watt iStick at the minimum.
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

Thank you for posting this fact. 10 watts is completely insufficient to drive any decent tank. I drive my Goblin Mini at twice that amount of power. I use more than that much power on a Kayfun and it is strictly s MTL device.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Actually, if you want less fuss, the full size nautilus might be better for you, since the mini really does not hold much and you will be filling all the time, sort of like you were charging batts all the time. Just bringing that up since you seem to want a few "less chores" with your vape.

I have both tanks and have been using them equally for just over a week since I seriously started vaping full time (yup, I am a newbie!). I love the draw from the full size Nautilus but the 5ml capacity is a bit much for me as I am still trying out different flavours and don't like to waste juice.

I bought a few of the $5-7 Aspire CE tanks to try different flavours and the draw sucks.

The Nautilus Mini has the perfect capacity for me as I vape 2-3ml a day but the draw isn't as good as the full size.

The full size is a better value IMO as it is close in price to the Mini and includes spare glass. If I wasn't vaping lots of different flavours trying to find my favorites, I would definately go full size Nautilus (x2 or 3) and be done with it.

Regarding a mod, the iStick 40w has served me well (for just over a week) and I get a full day out of a charge. Cheaper in the US, but you should be able to get the 40w and a Nautilus tank for around $80CAD.

I just ordered a Kanger Subox though but havent recieved it yet. Looking forward to trying this mod and It wasn't super expensive.

Cheers!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Thank you for posting this fact. 10 watts is completely insufficient to drive any decent tank. I drive my Goblin Mini at twice that amount of power. I use more than that much power on a Kayfun and it is strictly s MTL device.
Um, I vape my nautilus mini and kayful light V2 around 8W :) But I do recommend the istick 30W and 40W for battery life. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Istick 30W or Istick 40W are both fine, and if you want the nautilus mini as well, ecig.com has a good deal on a bundle. If you buy from Sweet Vapes, buy a silicone sleeve, protects it and gives a good grip!
Make The Switch - ecig.com | Electronic Cigarettes
Search results for: ’istick’

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Um, I vape my nautilus mini and kayful light V2 around 8W :) But I do recommend the istick 30W and 40W for battery life. :)

May I ask what tank or RTA are you using?

Right now I am rocking my Silverplay Nano clone at 12.5. My Goblin Mini usually needs 15-17.5 watts for full flavor.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
May I ask what tank or RTA are you using?

Right now I am rocking my Silverplay Nano clone at 12.5. My Goblin Mini usually needs 15-17.5 watts for full flavor.
I use nautilus mini's, kayfun lite V2 clone at 8W and subtank mini at around 8 to 12w on my isticks. Either could handle your power easily but battery life might not be great at 17.5W. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I agree. Both are very good mods. The 40 is very good in voltage and wattage mode.

The 40 can do temp control but don't recommend using it in TC mode. Battery life in TC mode is anemic.

David I was just surprised to find someone vaping under 10 watts.

Reactions: David Wolf

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I have both an istick 30w and an istick 40w tc, they are about the same price ($30), I would suggest getting the 40w, tc is there if you ever want to try it. I also have a few nautilus mini's, love them. If you want to try something less expensive try the aspire k1 glassomizers, if you try the glassomizers be sure your istick comes with an ego adapter. worldofvape is where I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread