Do we need to step down the nicotine level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Boxer I

Feb 7, 2015
Ohio, USA
I don't see any immediate reason to lowering your nic content given what you will be vaping on.

If you happen to get into more technical setups like RDA's then I would consider it. I had to lower the nic content in my juice when I started vaping on an RDA for 2 reasons.

1. I was vaping enough to take a step towards a 0 nic goal
2. Vaping nic juice on an RDA can be quite harsh depending on the build. Harsh enough to the point where it was taking away from the quality of my vape, which nobody wants.

Trying out some different juice setups can't hurt. It just depends on what you want out of your vape experience.

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
I'm with peraspera on this. The Mini Naut will produce more vapour so you'll be getting a higher nicotine dose than you probably need, and at likely detriment to smooth flavor delivery. It's easy enough to mix a low or zero nicotine juice with what you're used to, and so find a level that suits you. Be aware that the iStick 30W will power up at full throttle, and be sure your coil is good and wet.

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
My best half and I have been vaping for about a month now each using Kanger evods - we are upgrading to the istick 30w with Nautilus minis - Would it be best to drop the nic levels a bit with the new setups?

Apparently I am now vaping with a clone of your EVOD. I'm comfortable with a 40-50mg non-flavored juice. I really don't know enough about the technology to comment on questions specific to your new setup, but I think that there is a general answer to your question. If you aren't experiencing a nicotine fog or dizziness or nausea at the level you are currently vaping using the new device, I wouldn't sweat it. I realize that you are in the 'harm reduction' camp and are vaping to rid yourselves of tobacco, but you should consider the therapeutic benefits of nicotine in your decision process. There is no real evidence for a threshold for nicotine concentrations that aren't having obvious negative effects. Whatever dosage you settle on, it it's working for you for what you are trying to achieve, then go with it. I'm not a chain vaper, by any stretch of the imagination, and I have no reason to chain vape. The pharmacodynamics may be completely different for people who vape constantly than they are for me (I vape 5-8 drags every 2 hours or so), but I certainly wouldn't base a decision about what I'm doing based on relative nicotine concentration. Go with your body. If you are getting too much you should be able to tell rather quickly.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
we are upgrading to the istick 30w with Nautilus minis - Would it be best to drop the nic levels a bit with the new setups?

I have iStick 30W and variety of tanks. Nautilus mini is usually filled with my standard 50/50 9mg juice, for mouth-to-lung hit. Works fine at work or when I don't have too much time to vape and don't want to attract attention with big clouds.
At home I am using low nicotine e-liquids (30/70 3-6 mg), but prefer directly-to-lung hit with better vaper production (Kanger sub tank mini or Delta II with sub ohm coils).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread