Urgent petition for EU Public Consultation - please sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakindahouse

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Gloucester
Hi, all,

ECITA has launched a petition today to garner support for appropriate and correct regulation of electronic cigarettes as General Sales Products, and NOT as medicinal products or as tobacco products.

You can find the petition here: Welcome to ECITA, the Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association

We hope to roll this out across the European Union, and then present this petition to the European Commission as part of our submissions to this consultation process.

Please lend your support and sign this petition to protect your freedom to choose vaping!

Many thanks,

Katherine
ECITA​

freakindahouse

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Gloucester
Hi, all,

Apparently, there has been some confusion about this petition. Sorry for not getting in touch sooner about this!

From the outset, the idea was to set up the petition and gain as many signatories as possible in time for whenever the EU decided to look at electronic cigarettes in terms of their regulation. As of today, the petition has 12,233 signatures, which is a tremendous achievement. Mercifully, new signatories are still being added every day.

Well, the moment is coming... SOON! We have been invited to meet with Commissioner Dalli at the European Commission on 7th March in Brussels, when he is having a meeting to discuss the proposed revisions to the Tobacco Products Directive. This will include his consideration of electronic cigarettes in that context, hence our having been invited to attend.

This is it, folks! I shall be able to personally deliver our petition directly to the Commissioner, precisely at the moment when he is looking at how electronic cigarettes should be regulated. (We shall, of course, be offering him our solution to that very issue at the same time, and have high hopes that we shall be successful in keeping ecigs out of tobacco classification for Europe, as well as clear of medicinal classification.)

So now is the time to sign - please! If you agree with the sentiments expressed in the petition, please do get on and sign it. This is one petition which is genuinely going to get to the intended recipient, at precisely the relevant moment. The wheels of government grind VERY slowly, particularly at the level of the EU, but this works in our favour - in so many ways - not least because the petition has had time to gather some serious momentum.

It's not too late! Please sign it, if you want the freedom to choose for yourself!

Many thanks, and happy vaping!

Katherine

Tom09

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Germany
Presently at 13634 signatures, possibly more than 1000 new EU signatures have been added within the recent 24h to this highly important petition. Great to see that the petition turned back from “semi-dormant” to pick up steam towards the quickly nearing closing day (ECITA is about meet with the European Commission on 7th March in Brussels - where the future of e-cigs on the Community market is likely to be decided). My personal thanks for your great work, Katherine, and all the best for your presentation.

Direct link to sign petition here

Last edited:

freakindahouse

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Gloucester
Thank you, Tom :)

OK, so just because we've hit target 3 days early!!!! (WHOOP!) doesn't mean we can't keep going!

15,195 so far... so I guess we'll just have to go for 20,000, won't we?

Come on, folks! Let's show the Commissioner how we really feel! :)

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Happy vaping - and long may it continue! :)

Cheers,

Katherine

PS Since starting to write this post, it's gone up to 15,197! Keep going...! ;)

freakindahouse

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Gloucester
Hi, all,

No, not too late, Achieve... ;)

OK, so I was at the Commission yesterday, and I shall blog about the meeting later, but as far as the petition is concerned, we have been given another week!!!

Currently, we have 16,069, but with another week to go, we MUST be able to hit 20,000. :)

Also, don't forget to add your comments. The Commissioner made it very clear that they will read every submission, so this really is an opportunity for you to put your views directly to them.

Thanks again to everyone for your support. I'll provide more details about the meeting in the blog later, but for now, please keep spreading the word and getting more signatures and comments for the petition.

Happy vaping, one and all!

Cheers,

Katherine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread