Vape for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
Hey guys,

I'm looking for something I could recommend to someone who wants to start vaping. To me it was honestly a difficult question when he asked me what to buy. Since I knew Ego-T only causes trouble, I immediatly started out with a Reo and transitioned to a Provari for now. What can you guys recommend for someone who wants to give it a try without spending a massive amount of $$$. Another question: do Egos have a special egothread or are they 510-threaded? It should be reliable (for what you can expect in this pricerange) and hassle-free!

Thanks in advance guys,
Liquinator.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
Here is what I send to people who ask me:

I've been using these things for about 4 years now, and if I were to suggest a few options, I would strongly suggest trying one of the three types below. They will give you the most simple to use with the best results over all of the other stuff out there. I am also assuming that you don't want to be walking around with something the size of a billy-club in your hand.

#1. http://www.madvapes.com/pv-s-and-kits/ego-kits/30-ml-11mg.html- This setup works really well, and you only need to refill once, maybe twice per day. If you use both tanks, then one fill-up per day will do it, and you can then use a different flavor in each one, which is good because after a bit, you get so used to the flavor that you barely taste it, unless you switch up.

#2. http://www.madvapes.com/pv-s-and-kits/ego-kits/50-ml-36mg.html- This is a slightly smaller setup than the one above. It performs almost as good as the setup above, but is also smaller and will require more filling. You can always get extra cartridges, fill em up and keep them with you on the go. I got about 3-6 hours per cartridge, if I recall correctly. I had this one for about a year and a half, and it was pretty good.

#3. Super 510-T Kit, Black - Super 510-T - E-Cigs and Kits - This one if pretty much the same as the EGO-T above, but smaller. Probably the best one if you want something "close" to the size of a cigarette.

With any of the kits, I would strongly recommend that you get an extra battery or two, as well as extra atomizers (# 2 & 3) or cartomizers (#1). If you go with #1, I would use either the 1.7 ohm single coil (Tank Replacement Single Coil Dual Punched Cartomizers, 1.7 ohms - Tank Replacements - Cartomizers - E-Cig Parts), or the 1.25 ohm dual coil cartomizers (Tank Replacement Dual Coil Cartomizers, 1.25 Ohms, Triple Hole - Tank Replacements - Cartomizers - E-Cig Parts). The 1.7 ohm ones are what I use, and they rock. If using the cartomizers, you will want to grab a bunch as they tend to last about a week to 10 days, then they get a bit hard to draw. They are pretty cheap, so not usually an issue.

You will also need to get some liquid. This is where taste and strength comes in, and everyone has a different perspective on them. I was a one to two pack a day smoker, and use the 24mg strength juice, and go through between 30 - 50 ml per month. It gives the closest feel to a real smoke I can find. Higher strength gives you more of a feeling in your throat and lungs, but a little less flavor. High-end liquid can run about $1 per milliliter, which is pretty expensive, but you will get the best flavor from them. I have been using the Top-Vapor stuff, which is the cheapest of the cheap, but tastes pretty decent and produces a good amount of vapor.

Top-Vapor (cheap, but decent) - TopVapor E-Liquid - E-Liquid.

Johnson Creek (higher end - great taste) -http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/category/juice. The Tennessee Cured and Summer Peach are really good stuff.

Backwoods Brew (higher end - great taste) -http://www.backwoodsbrew.net/Regular-Sizes-101530-ml_c_18.html. I have tried the Casablanca and RY4 from here and they are out of this world, but again, a bit pricey to me. I have heard very good things about all of the liquids here.

There is also a bunch of websites/forums that have tons of info on the whole e-cig subject. The one I go to most is http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/. A pretty good community of very knowledgable and helpful people.

You can substitute almost any site instead of Madvapes, but they work pretty well for me as far as price and time to my door...

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
What is with all these comments about eGo T causing all sorts of problems???? I don't get it. They are eGos...they have 510 and ego threading. You can use whatever you want to on them...cartomizers, eGo mega cartos, DCTs, Vivi Novas, clearomizers, atomizers, tanks....whatever you want that it's threaded for. And if it isn't...it'll work with an adapter that's suitable.

I HATE the atomizers with the little plastic cartridge things. Do people actually still USE those? But you don't have to use 'em! For goodness sakes...get something better. Keep the atomizer part that comes in the kit for testing juice flavors.

No big deal. I love my eGo Ts....I have several, and one of my favorite PVs for everyday use is my eGo T Mod. And do NOT use those stupid tanks people have so much trouble with! I mostly use EMSCCs...and sometimes EMDCCs or DCTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread