vaping causing gas, just to verify..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjaysbk

Aug 29, 2016
I've searched and found a lot of answers, but I kind of just want some clarification. I'm not a big forum user because I feel as though people with very little experience can have input with masquerading as having the proper knowledge, it's very back and forth.

Anyways, for those of you with IBS / Gerd / chronic stomach ailments, do you find vaping to irritate your bowls or stomach?

[Removed]

So is it recommended I try a non veg glycerin and 100% PG? I can't find it in stores easily, is there a reason why this is?

I'm new to vaping so I don't know what one does vs the other and why they're mixed.

Or has it been confirmed that the flavor is the cause? A sweet flavor that engulfs my stomach and irritates the lining? Is using a cake flavor vs a fruit flavor better? They all seem sweet to me!

Let me know your thoughts, sorry if this question was thoroughly answered somewhere, I just want more anecdotal experiences if possible. Especially since so many people are into it now, I know someone out there feels my pain.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I could reply but how will you know I'm clueless and giving you knowledgeable advice? :pervy:

Any time you engage in any activity that causes you to inhale a lot of air, you are swallowing a lot as well and this will definitely aggravate GERD or IBS. This goes for drinking carbonated beverages as well. And nicotine can be irritating to the stomach

jjaysbk

Aug 29, 2016
I could reply but how will you know I'm clueless and giving you knowledgeable advice? :pervy:

Any time you engage in any activity that causes you to inhale a lot of air, you are swallowing a lot as well and this will definitely aggravate GERD or IBS. This goes for drinking carbonated beverages as well. And nicotine can be irritating to the stomach

Haha I guess it's when the next poster comes on and shows some sort of credible science or something that is 20 posts deep, changing everything i read lol

What you say is consistent with what I've searched though. So it's more of a heavy inhale kinda thing? I never even thought of it like that.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
vaping can cause you to have gas, or hiccups, or <insert just about anything here>.

Does vaping induce gas to everyone? No!

Humans are individuals in every single way. What might irritate me might have no effect what so ever on you.

I'll say this the majority of users on this forum vape and if we all had gas problems we would have figured out the problem back in 2009 or earlier. Eating too much Taco Bell definitely gives me gas though, that's proven! My wife seems to handle it fine though.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

YOu are correct. But certain flavorings can have that effect, too. I had to give up Boba's Bounty back when it was really popular because it really made my GERD bad.

VG is way less irritating for me, but that may vary from person to person.

PG, that would rip me up.

If you want science, read at Dr. Shepard's page on FODMAPS for IBS, and for GERD, Dr. Jamie Kaufman. You don't get more authoritative, on these particular ailments, than them.

I was able to get off all my GERD meds, as well as cure myself of IBS, following FODMAPS and advice from Jamie Kaufman on GERD, Silent GERD, and LES/airway problems.

Neither talks about vaping........that part was "trial and error" for me, and by me. Your results may vary.

Reactions: seminolewind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread