Calorie Consumption & Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
You all know the old tales about smoking cigarettes to stay skinny. And some of you have heard the horror stories about artificial sweeteners in food and drinks actually making you hungrier. Well, this got me thinking. What has been your experience with vaping and calorie intake. Do you eat more or less while vaping and why. Please keep this anecdotal and do not hijack the thread to argue about health hazards or medical statistics. I just want to hear your personal experience.

I have found that mint vaping causes me to eat less and calms my stomach after eating a large meal (like analogs did).
Sweet juices actually make my sweet tooth flare up and I tend to want to eat more.
Tobaccos and dull flavors seem to neither increase or decrease my appetite.

I know some of you are replacing dessert with vaping. How's that going?

Buddafucco

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Bradenton, FL
I used to be able to substitute a snack or a meal with smoking a black&mild, but not with vaping. I guess vaping does keep me doing something so I don't just snack out of boredom.
My neighbor (who I buy e-liquids for), she recently started an HCG diet and went from about 1ml of e-liquid every 2 or 3 days to about 3ml a day. She says the sweet liquids are really helping her avoid food cravings.

dzlady

ECF Veteran
During the day, when I get hungry, I grab my pv and vape. I drink lots of tea during the day and eat a decent evening meal. Now I know that I should be eating during the day and not eating at night, but I am disabled and I am sort of a couch potato. I do household chores, one chore each day. And I do the dishes (in spurts) and fix dinner daily. I cant do anything all at once...like vacuuming, I do a bit, rest and do a bit more. Now, since I started vaping, knowing that I dont do much, I have lost about 15 lbs from vaping.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I was worried about this because when I tried to quit smoking in the past I gained weight. Didn't quit but gained!! So far, so good with vaping. This do taste better, but I haven't noticed that I eat more. Sweet in the morning tends to make me a little queasy so I vape mint/menthol most days and fruity flavors in the evening.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Initially I kept my weight the same... as with smoking, which did supress my snacking; like a substitute, plus I get a kick from all the stuff that inside an analog... even American Spirit... like the smoke and all.

I have gone crazy searching for the best (to me) flavors of all kinds of foods... and dang it, guess what? I find myself the snack king now ! ;( boo...
i think my interest in the flavors has peaked my desire to taste then dang things that the juices represent, and then some... Ive gained 10 lbs in 4 months... I'm bummed and totally hooked on sugar again...

Sugar will kill you. and this is addictive behavior imo.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
there's where i got side tracked; i don't like tobacco vapes .. only interested in food flavors including sweets mostly... where i didn't eat a lot of sweets, now i've tried tons of different candies, just because vaping the sweet vapes and comparing...
i'm thinking of the possibility of going to strictly tobacco or non dessert vape juice.
Actually, since I stopped smoking, my sweet tooth has decreased. It's very odd, especially since I'm not vaping any overly sweet or fruity juices. Mainly tobacco, mint or whiskey.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
One of my fears of vaping was weight gain. I quit cold turkey (2 PaD) 17 years ago for ten weeks. Besides being miserable, I gained 27 pounds. That was the only time in my life being overweight.

Since I stopped cigs and started vaping I've lost a couple of pounds! That's sooo surprising in that if you look up 'midnight snacks' in the dictionary (whoops, just dated myself) you'll find my photo. Now... I just vape instead of raiding the ice box (drats, did it again).

BTW, I vape waaay more than I ever smoked... :vapor:

Sandrita

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think a lot of the reason why people put on wait when they quit smoking is because they are subconsciously snacking with sweets etc. in order to replace the physical habit of smoking i.e. 'something to do with your hands'. As we are vaping instead we are still using are hands in a similar effect to smoking so we to not need to snack as an alternative. Just my view on things!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
I rarely eat sweet anymore---I guess the vaping has taken care of that.
It's the crunch and the salt I like to munch on.

Oh if this isn't the truth...it's Utz Pretzels that I snack on like crazy!!! But not enough of them each day to cause the weight gain since quitting smoking! :(

Winkos

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Midwest
I quit smoking over 4 years ago and gained 40 lbs. Lost 20 lbs and then started vaping. I am down another 15 pounds since vaping and have my girlish (or boyish, lol) figure back. I know studies link diet soda and obesity....but seriously I think overeaters need to wash down all that food with something. At least I did. And since I drank diet soda then when I was overweight it would make the study true. But now that I am not overweight and still guzzle diet soda it makes it not true. It's all in how you use the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread