Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I just recently completed a 3 day drive over 2500 miles coast to coast, vaped in the car the entire way with the sunroof cracked most of the time. My wife and both cats in the car never seemed to mind for a second, and I'm using a ~100W mechanical setup that produces a pretty good amount of vapor, went through 30ml on the 3 day trip.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I just recently completed a 3 day drive over 2500 miles coast to coast, vaped in the car the entire way with the sunroof cracked most of the time. My wife and both cats in the car never seemed to mind for a second, and I'm using a ~100W mechanical setup that produces a pretty good amount of vapor, went through 30ml on the 3 day trip.

Hope you were able to avoid Iowa. Since they outlawed smoking in rest areas, I suspect they will add vaping to their "no smoking in rest area" signs making vaping in the car mandatory. Standing along an on/off ramp in Iowa in the dead of winter is a pain.

After not smoking in the car for over 20 years, :censored: yeah, I vape in da car!

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Hope you were able to avoid Iowa. Since they outlawed smoking in rest areas, I suspect they will add vaping to their "no smoking in rest area" signs making vaping in the car mandatory. Standing along an on/off ramp in Iowa in the dead of winter is a pain.

After not smoking in the car for over 20 years, :censored: yeah, I vape in da car!
Yeah, just narrowly skirted Iowa to the north. The only place outdoors that we stopped along the way that I saw signs that specifically stated "No E-cigarettes" were at Mt. Rushmore, which I can understand with the amount of tourist traffic it must see in prime season. All of the rest stops along I-90W didn't seem to mind at all, no signage or anything I could see. One of the hotel rooms we stayed at in Alliance, OH asked me if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room and it caught me so off-guard that they still allowed indoor smoking in hotels in Ohio.

Deryan3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Racine, WI
I vape in my truck with the window down, not so much in the wife's car unless its a long drive, close to never in others vehicles unless they vape or smoke ( with permission). Funny, When I smoked cigarettes I would never smoke in my own car or let others but vaping doesn't bother me because of the refreshing smell.:headbang:

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

abiko

Nov 24, 2013
Croatia
I vape in the car, never big clouds and all that jazz, just MTL setups that don't fog up too much. Helps out when driving with aircon on. Otherwise I crack a window open a few cm, just enough for the air circulation to move the vapor outside. Been vaping in my car, other peoples cars for years now and nobody said a word. Usually I get enticed to start vaping in the car to "liven the smells up".. Crazy folk :D

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I drive around a lot for work (upwards of 1000 miles a week or more) in a company car (which I keep for personal use) and vape All. The. Time. Which is why I had to vape as opposed to any other method of cigarette cessation: I have busy hands and the hand-to-mouth is a reflexive movement and used to chainsmoke while driving.

I'm rarely in any other cars; my brother smokes so I vape in his car, my mother doesn't so I don't in hers. (unless she's not with me, then I'll sneak a few puffs) I've been told that Wakanda makes the car smell like S'mores.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I drive around a lot for work (upwards of 1000 miles a week or more) in a company car (which I keep for personal use) and vape All. The. Time. Which is why I had to vape as opposed to any other method of cigarette cessation: I have busy hands and the hand-to-mouth is a reflexive movement and used to chainsmoke while driving.

I'm rarely in any other cars; my brother smokes so I vape in his car, my mother doesn't so I don't in hers. (unless she's not with me, then I'll sneak a few puffs) I've been told that Wakanda makes the car smell like S'mores.
I have that same reflexive movement in the car, one of the few places I would chain smoke almost non stop when I still smoked would have to be my car, I would be driving along having JUST finished a cigarette and my brain would pop in with something like "Hey did you smoke? You sure? Better have another one to be sure" and that would end in my smoking of like half a pack in an hour drive.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Vaping the egostick with a clearo we had no need to crack a window from the lack of vapor but with box mod and subtank you have too or loose sight of the road.
Depends on where you live but constant exhaling onto the windshield will result in a film that acts like fogged windows that doesn't unfog when it gets cold outside. I found that out at the beginning of our first winter of vaping in the car, it was so bad I took the vehicle to the dealer to see if the heater core crapped out then began to research to find out it was my vapor sticking to the glass. I always drive with the window open just enough not to whistle on the highway.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I vape all the time up until my wife gets in and does her "This is killing me, I'm allergic, if you loved me you wouldn't do that" wheezing, coughing fit routine. If she didn't make a crap load of money dancing on table tops for men near airports, I'd install an ejection seat and James Bond her out of the car. In winter I vape so much that enough VG builds up on my windows to resemble fake snow on a Macy's holiday window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread