Vaping in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm new around here though I have tried a couple of brands earlier in the year. Since then, the fall out with Smoke Everywhere happened and I find myself trying to get a new kit. I'm curious if anyone knows what really happened with Oregon's supposed ban on E-Cigs. I have not seen a single news article that stated E-Cigs were actually baned. Simply that Smoke Everywhere broke the oregon fair trade act and was banned from selling in Oregon. Yet other manufacturers are refusing to sell or ship to Oregon, which is making my attempts to get a new kit rather challenging. Is anyone else more familiar with this situation then I?

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I haven't seen anything about it either. It seems the ban only included two e-cig vendors. Have you ordered something and they wouldn't send it? Here's a good article about it written by this guy:

Dr. Siegel is a Professor in the Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health. He has 25 years of experience in the field of tobacco control. He previously spent two years working at the Office on Smoking and Health at CDC, where he conducted research on secondhand smoke and cigarette advertising. He has published nearly 70 papers related to tobacco. He testified in the landmark Engle lawsuit against the tobacco companies, which resulted in an unprecedented $145 billion verdict against the industry. He teaches social and behavioral sciences, mass communication and public health, and public health advocacy in the Masters of Public Health program.
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Oregon Attorney General Bans Electronic Cigarettes Because They Threaten the Health and Safety of Oregonians

I live in oregon myself, and I do all my ordering through vaporcig.com and they ship to me with no problems, the way I understand the ban is that its just on the 2 companies njoy and se and it was about misrepresentation of the product or something of the sort.

I haven't heard of any formal bans on people having the products or using them themselves and in matter of fact know of at least 1 place in beaverton oregon that not only sells kits but the e-liquid also. only problem is the e-liquid from them was really expensive like 10 bucks for like 5ml maybe of juice and for 20 I can get 30ml from vaporcig.

I been using em for 2 years, have no problems getting my supplies mailed to me. hope that helps.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I too am from Oregon and last year it was all over the news that "Oregon Banned E cigarettes". I totally bought the headlines, hook, line and sinker. This summer my daughter asked me to do some online searching about it and I was shocked when I read that they had NOT been banned.
I purchased one online that very week and have been vaping, happily ever after, lol! It's been quite the adventure and I have purchased from vendors all over the US, without a snag.
Btw... What part of Oregon are you from? I'm from Milwaukie.
Welcome to the forum and happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread