Vaping is making me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
The point is to slowly reduce (like the patch and gum) until you are using "0", so why would anyone want to start at a higher level than needed?
The 24 and 36, etc, were designed to dilute for those who wish to save some coin, not to be used full strength. More flavoring is needed when this is done.

That is only the point if you are using the PV as a cessation device....MANY people are looking for the PV to be an ALTERNATIVE to tobacco products.

I started at 18mg liquid and it wasn't enough to keep me away from the analogs, so I have moved myself up to 24mg and am quite happy here...and I only smoked a pack a day before.

I might step down in the future, but that was not the reason I purchased a PV.

I am going to use my 24mg as often as it takes to keep me off analogs, the rest will sort itself out.

inicapem

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
Earth
I cannot believe someone suggested that all those professional athletes, who sweat off 14 pounds of water in a football game, are fools and idiots who waste money on Gatorade. Huh? Does this anti-Gatorade person KNOW the history of Gatorade, how it was developed and why?

Research. And learn. It's a first-rate product for dehydration. Millionaire athletes and billionaire team owners aren't fools for passing fads. They use Gatorade and have since it was first developed.

Did not realize that gatorade was such a touchy subject around here. Do you have stock in Pepsico or something? It amazes me how successful corporate marketing is. Does anyone remember that Baseball cards were originally part of a corporate marketing strategy to sell tobacco products? Professional athletes and the sports business have endorsed many unhealthy products over the years. Why you ask? For MONEY - it's business. Professional sports athletes endorse gatorade for millions of dollars. Professional athletes have endorsed many things for large amounts of money not because they are looking out for your health, but because it fattens their wallet. Michael Phelps endorsed Frosted Flakes - do you think frosted flakes are healthy?

I am not a health nut, I smoked cigs for 15 years. But I try to be an educated consumer. I am not saying that gatorade will kill you, or that sugar is evil - our bodies need sugar (in moderation like most things).

I was just trying to help the original poster. I get headaches when I am dehydrated. I find that e-cigs dehydrate me, so i drink more water. For me, sugar dehydrates me as does excess salt, and so I drink more water. Gatorade does not help hydrate me, in fact it actually hinders me, because it has a lot of sugar and salt in it.

Tropical Bob, I am very curious as to where you get your research from?

damitintrblagain

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
The way I quit with these was the way to quit regular cigaretts.
Try something first when you have the urge for a cigarette.
The urge will pass. When you get the urge again, do the same.
If the urge is really bad, have a cigarette.
These helped me cut down to just a few cigs a day.
Don't expect to quit cigs right away. Over time, you won't want cigs any more, but give yourself some time.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
PG irritates my throat and lungs, probably from dehydration rather than overt allergy, and also my gastrointenstinal tract. I switched to VG juices, and all is well now, although too much nic will make me feel woozy. And I am not convinced that the 100-proof vodka I'm using to thin the thick VG juices is not having a small effect on my brain, so I'm also trying distilled water to thin.

Also, Gatorade is not designed to hydrate you. Its designed to replace electrolyte salts and make you thirsty so you will drink more water to hydrate yourself. By itself, it actually depletes the peripherals of water, as the electrolytes pull body water towards the gut. I think lots of water to hydrate, and wow do I go through it now since vaping, is the best thing.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Study afer study has shown that the best thing to drink if you are an active athelete is plain old chocolate milk. Seriously. Look it up. As the above poster said, Gatorbarf is not to rehydrate, but to replace electrolytes and salts that your body looses when you sweat a lot. Just drink water and choclate milk and you'll see a huge difference in performance.

:evil:
The reduced PG formulas are a good angle, even pure VG formula would be worth a try.

I had pretty bad headaches at first, I think it was from the nicotine and the fact that I was constantly fiddling around with my PV trying to use it right, so I was vaping more than I should have been. It also could have been a withdrawl symptom from cigarettes. There are a TON of other chemicals and additives in tobacco cigarettes that you are no longer consuming, so there are likely some side effects fnow that your body is no longer getting those.

Try lowering the nic, try and take it easy with the vaping, take 10 puffs, sit it down for 15 mins.

It would also suggest to contact your doctor to let him/her know what you are doing, and your concerns. They may be able to give you an idea if PG is/could be the cause.

What I did to deal with my headaches, was to take a couple of tylenol. That helped me out a bunch, and eventually I stopped getting any headaches at all.

As for nicotine levels, cutting that 24 down with some 0-nic of the same flavor would stretch the juice out more, without losing any flavor.

Worst case, hang onto that stronger juice for a later day, and look into getting some 8-12mg liquid. If necessary, look into getting some snus to keep you off the analogs while you wait for some lower nic juice to arrive.

Best of luck, and don't forget about contacting your doctor.
:evil:

I just started vaping over a week ago and I started out on 24mg. I seem to really like it and have mixed my own batches. I use 45% VG 0mg, 45% VG/Nicotine 60mg and 10% 0mg flavoring. From my calculations it should be 24mg.
By this post it suggests to cut down to 10-18mg. My question is what would be the problem with staying at 24mg?

The only side effect I have had is some small red blemishes on my forehead, but I think that is due to accidentally rubbing my forehead with juice on my hands. I can't be sure but hopefully and of course Insomnia. Well it can't be insomnia because i sleep during the day, just up all night! LOL:thumbs:

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
Here are some relevant comments I picked out by going through all the post in this thread.

Many of us got various symptoms when we started vaping.

I don't trust PG either no matter what anyone has to say about how safe it is.

Very few people have any true allergic reactions to PG, or VG for that matter.

My guess is dehydration. Drink tons of water, not gatorade (sugar juice), just lots
and lots of water.

the myth that caffeine does dehydrate you has been put to rest for a while now.

although too much nic will make me feel woozy.

Well when I got my first vaping kit 3 weeks ago and had my first vape , it spaced me out for about 5 hours. I have since worked out that it was the primer in the atomizer that I inhaled that made me sick so I bought another kit and have now only used cartomizers.

So when I got my second kit, and using cartomizers, I still got sick from the chemical taste from the flavoring in the juices I vaped. So the next thing to do, was obviously to order juice with no flavoring, which I did.

Now I am vaping 0 nic with about 50/50 PG and VG, unflavored.

I have about 5 puffs and get a bit woozy. I then give it a break and then have another 5 puffs (vapes) and get woozy again.

I've tried vaping 100% VG unflavored, and 100% PG unflavored, and they all seem the same to me. They make me woozy.

Maybe if I cut out smoking analogues altogether , I wouldn't get woozy.

I have ordered Organic 100% flavored VG juice with different low nic levels. That will be my next experiment at vaping to see if I don't get any side effects. I expect to get the organic juices from the USA in about 2 or 3 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread