Vapor King Storm 3 Review (Couldn't find any on the forum so here it goes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8tor

Mar 21, 2010
Back in the States
Let me preface this review by saying I am doing this as a way to give back to all the people who have helped me find this product and have given sage advice/encouragement along the way. This is my way of giving back to the community and saying thank you for all your help/support. I don't work for or am paid by ECI in any way (just added disclaimer for GP) :)

I recently came back to the e-cig world after a long hiatus. I started with cig-a-likes and they helped until the stress became overwhelming. I am working in a combat zone and getting mortared every day got me started smoking again. I got my Vapor King Storm 3 4 days ago and haven’t had a cigarette since!! Enough of the preface, let’s get to the review:
The Vapor King Storm 3 is a product from Electronic Cigarettes Inc. It comes in the standard starter configurations ranging from $39.95 to $119.95. I purchased the midrange starter kit for $59.95. It shipped with 2 batteries, 2 Cleartomizers, a USB type charger and a plug with a USB connector. It was shipped in a cardboard box, well packed with foam inserts inside the box. The top part had the e-cigs, assembled and in plastic covers and below the top foam was the charger, a bottle with a syringe type top, a carrying pouch and an instruction booklet showing how to assemble, fill and charge the e-cig. The kit includes a free bottle of ejuce as well which is in its own box. I ordered an extra bottle so I had enough. This is what I believe is an E-Go clone, tank type e-cig. Shipping was fast. I ordered on 17 May and it came 9 days later (for those who think that’s long, move to a combat zone and have stuff shipped through and APO). They shipped the product the day after I ordered.

Since this is my first tank type e-cig, I did in fact read the manual (strange for a male) and then proceeded to fill the clearto. I purchased this product with a 10ml bottle of ejuce (included in the kit) and got their cappuccino as I have always liked this juice. The batteries are already fully charged so I fired her up and the volume of vapor was impressive to someone who only used cig-a-likes in the past. The product doesn’t leak in my pocket and had a rubber top for the mouthpiece to help keep it clean/protect it from breaking. This is a handsome device, flat black rubber coated battery, 7 color cleartos to choose from, I got the clear, and chrome accents. The volume of vapor easily mimics analogs and is satisfying to a long time smoker (40+ years). The tank and mouthpiece are plastic and the top twists off to fill. The mouthpiece has a metal band with the threads to screw to the clearto and a rubber o ring to keep it from leaking. It screws into a metal top on the clearto to keep the plastic from cracking. All in all this is a solid constructed e-cig and I would purchase it again. The only problem with the kit is that one of the clearto’s has stopped working after only 3 days. I have ordered three more though and will order a replacement coil for the broken one.
As for the juice, as I stated, I like the cappuccino and theirs does not disappoint. It has hints of coffee and cream with a nice sweet ending. This is not an overly sweet juice as I don’t like those. Their juice is a little more expensive than some other companies out there, $7.99 for a 10ml bottle, $19.95 for 30ml, but it is good so far. My personal all time favorite is Hilton from V4L (now called Hilltop) but I am a sucker for Hazelnut!!!

I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of purchasing this product and is on the fence either way. I am pleased with my purchase and have ordered more from this company. I have notified them of the clearto problem but their website says they are only guaranteed if DOA and mine worked for a little while before it died. They have a one year warrantee on their products and a 30 day no questions asked return policy on their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread