Vapor Zeus questions and a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I have been looking at these for a long time and have almost ordered several times.

I would like to know the length of the Vapor Zeus 650 not counting the threads? How does it compare in length to the DAV 650 Auto?

Length matters.

I think you should make a version of the Zeus if you got rid of the USB charging port. Keep the USB charging option on these that want it but some of us want the length per mAh to be as small as possible. Keep the 14mm diameter but reduce the length.

I know some will use the USB charger but others will value getting the length down more so.

The reason I also have not get the DAV either is the added length.

Regulated fixed at 5 volts is a good number for a portable set up. Eliminating the USB port and not getting one with VV will do much to get the size down and I think you would have a world beater in portable 14mm devices.

Last edited:

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
Hey John!

I took this crappy pic but I hope it can put the sizes in perspective for you.

From left to right (all 650s): Dual Mode Zeus, Auto Zeus, Auto DAV, Manual DAV.

IMG_20131111_155048_zps708a48e2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on the Zeus too! I like the sound of that idea :).

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Without the usb port though JJOOHHNN sir it would no longer function as a passthrough...

I refuse to use a passthrough. I only run off batteries.

I have my desktop set up the way I want it all 18650 powered. My portable set ups are proving to be harder to find what I like. I want to be portable with 14mm devices and 9.2mm devices.

14mm diameter devices for most portable and hands free usage when needed and 9.2mm devices when only the smallest will do.

I like the sound of 5v on the 14mm device but am not liking the length. My current 14mm portable devices are a 900mah with 510 connection at 3.5 inches including the eGo threads and of course much shorter when the body only is considered. My 350mah 510 auto is a bit over 2.25 including the eGo threads.

I imagine the Zeus's boost circuit is taking up some real estate but I am betting less than the USB port. I bet a version that is 650mah without the USB port will shorten the device a bunch and make it a pocket rocket.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Actually you're wrong on that one sir, having taken apart a Zeus USB port and pcb behind it takes less space than the boost circuit.

OK, It would still be shorter though.

I would like to see the Zeus in 14mm diameter like it is made as short as possible and still at 5V and 650mah. I wouldn't mind seeing a 400mah version as well.

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
Think I'm going to order one of the Zeus batteries and some smileomizers. I've been vaping about 3 years now and have had many types of devices. Currently I mostly use a Natural Mechanical with shorty cartos, davide tank and direct dripping on LR atomizers.

I started a new job and went from working on a construction site to working in an office. I want something that looks a bit more "professional" and I like the idea of hands free vaping while on the computer. From what I've read and watched about the Zeus it hits hard with alot of vapor production. This sounds perfect for me since I just don't think a standard stick style would cut it being used to LR vaping on big battery mods.

I have to check around because I'm almost positive I have a USB cable that would work. I'd rather order a battery with 5 smileomizers for 95 dollars than get a battery, 2 cartos and a cable for the same price.

eh on second thought might as well grab the usb..7 more dollars won't hurt too bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread