vaporello review, IT'S A

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hey Doug! Glad to see ya made it on... It took me 3 or 4 refills... but I do find that burning. I also notice that when refilling (I use a syringe after opening the cartomizer) the excess spill off juice is DARK brown (burnt!!!).

I wouldn't think it would be bad to use them.. just to refill them. I am allergic to PG so unless someone starts filling them with VG they are now useless to me :( Sad cause these DPV9's have such a great hit!

Spikey...Exactly when you see the burnt juice you can bet good money that the cart material will start burning up. As far as not refilling them at all.... I would have to go through at least four carts a day...It might be worth it since it is a pretty hassle free device.

dougp925

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
NY USA
Hey Spikey, I'm glad you found this thread. I agree with EDO on the fluid color. If it is black, then the paper material has already burned, you just didn't taste it over the flavor of the cartridge.

Have you ever opened one after only two or three cigarettes worth of smoking, you might be surprised to see just how burnt it is. I''m a little surprised that people aren't jumping up and down about this issue.

Do you think that smoking the burnt paper material and burnt liquid is OK. If your smoking VG, then this could really be a good contestant for acrolein production.

Side note: I spoke to Josh yesterday and I've been reading the thread about the suffolk county bill. I'll def be part of any protest/vape-in you guys organize. Let me know time/day an d if I'm free, I'll be there.

Side note: I spoke to Josh yesterday and I've been reading the thread about the suffolk county bill. I'll def be part of any protest/vape-in you guys organize. Let me know time/day an d if I'm free, I'll be there.

Please come if you can make it and feel free to bring friends and family even if they don't vape!!! May 29th. More info will be posted at www.VapersClub.com by Monday.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Can anyone else chime in about what dougp925 has said about the cartomizers for these products potentially burning toxic fumes into us when we vape? I have been using a Vaporello now for over a month, exclusively, and now all i can think of every time I take in a puff, is that my head is going to fall off because of poor craftmanship and bad decisions in production and manufacturing.

Can anyone else chime in about what dougp925 has said about the cartomizers for these products potentially burning toxic fumes into us when we vape? I have been using a Vaporello now for over a month, exclusively, and now all i can think of every time I take in a puff, is that my head is going to fall off because of poor craftmanship and bad decisions in production and manufacturing.
We are mostly discussing what happens when "refilling" these cartomizers.

Sounds good.

On yet another side note, one of my friends is PG intolerant. I need to get some good VG fluids. E-Liquid planet doesn't carry them. Since you vape only VG can tell me who your favorite supplier is?

PM me or we can talk about it Fri if you come to the meeting.

dougp925

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
NY USA
Ditc, I don't think I have enough posts yet to start a new thread, but I think this topic should be its own thread somewhere because I'm not seeing the level of concern that I think this issue deserves. However, if you really want to know if your breathing in smoke(fumes) from the burning cartridge maerial and burning fluid, its easy to find out.
1. Take a cartridge that you've been using(lets say for about 7 or so cigarettes) which has no indication of burning.
2. Using a tweezer, remove the plastic tip on the mouthpeice side.
3. Using a tweezer, pull up on the wire coming out of the center of the cartridge unitl it breaks.
4. Using a tweezer, gently pull the entire roll of cartridge material out of the cartridge.
5. Unroll this material and tell me what you see in the center of the roll. Is it charred and black, then you been inhaling that smoke.

Everyone vapes differently, but I found this to begin happenning pretty quickly(2-3 cigs worth of smoking).

Most people that I see vaping take long deep draws. Do you ever hear a crackling or poping sound coming from the cartridge. I beleive that is the material burning. I held some of the cartridge material over an open flame and it made that very same crackling sound as it burned.

If you find that your cartridge is burning and really want to know more about the toxicity of these fumes(as I do). Please start a new thread where everyone can see this and comment. Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but I don't think so. Either way I'm going to be selling my 3 E9 kits shortly.

Please sacrifice one of your fairly used(or completely used) cartridges in the name of science, I'd love to see your results.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009

dougp925

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
NY USA
YES Exactly. Some of mine were even a little more burnt up than that. I think it depends on how long you draw and if you refill. That one looks like one that was only used once. I found that if you open one that doesn't even taste burnt yet, it looks exactly like that which is why I'm concened about it.
Even if your not famialiar with disassembling things, this is very easy to do and only takes a minute. I'm sure you wont have much trouble with it. Besides, you don't have to worry about putting it back together again. Give it a try.......chances are you'd be taking apart a cartridge you considered dead already. Its the only way to truly know if you are in the same situation.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
I gotta be honest with ya dougp, i just followed the directions that you gave me... and i managed to get that fabric out, and i unravelled it... i saw next to no charring, and next to no brown or black burnt marks,, it was, for the most part, still white... this was on a cartridge (coffee flavored, 24mg) that i had vaped on for around 200-225 puffs.... mind you, this is the vapor king, dpv9, vaporello, model,,, and NOT the loongtotem, bloog etc. clone,, perhaps there is a difference between the 2 as far as burning inside goes? if anyone else on here that has the vaporello, dpv9, vapor king model can chime in and do the same test that doug had me do, and let me know your results, it would be greatly appreciated!

dougp925

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
NY USA
Wow, thats actually good news Ditc. But that other thread with the pics wasn't mine, that was someone else who found their cartridges were burning. Perhaps its more specific to the model or cartridge type. However, I've read every thread I could find on models with "Cartomizers" and almost everytime, I read about people complaining of a horrible burnt taste.

Thank you for doing the dissassembly Ditc. I'd be curious to see if my situation is the norm, or yours.

Please, anyone else using cartomisers, take a look and share your results.

Maybe I'll buy a vaporello!!

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
As great of a discovery as I made on that particular cart, I certainly don't want to be a non-alarmist either! Perhaps that was a lucky cart that didn't show signs of normal wear and tear. But there are CERTAINLY enough people out there with Vapor King/Vaporello clones that could try this experiment as well to see what they see. I will open up a used cart that actually got to the end, when i started to taste the burning taste (I have tasted that in the past, but the cart i opened had not gotten to that point yet). BTW, there seems to be a brief period, maybe 5-15 puffs worth? where the cart goes from losing flavor to actually having a burning taste. I learned this early on when i was using my first few carts and i was not sure what a clear indicator was of having to put in a new one. also, seems as though these carts, even when losing flavor AND starting to have the burnt taste, still give off a decent amount of vapor.. so if your taste buds are weak, this sort of thing could be misleading...

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC

Keekers

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I just posted this somewhere else so hopefully this isn't against the rules but like I said in the last post about burnt carts:

"I got all paranoid after reading three or four posts about smoking the fabric or whatever is around the wick and dissected a cart I thought may have a burnt/stale taste to it and yeah it looked burnt but not like the picture. Just some dark brown around the wick.

Then since I was even more paranoid I dissected a cart I had kept refilling about 3 or 4 times (actually not refilling but just topping it off so it wouldn't burn) and it was full of juice and no burn

So....my guess is that if you don't keep the cart full, or even just keep topping it off, the chances of it burning are more likely. Now that I know if I keep topping off the carts, they probably won't burn, I am less paranoid. Yay!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread