Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I just got my Estoc tank today! Unfortunately there was a lil problem with my order and instead of a sleeve and a box of coils I got a couple of 220w wall plugs, lol. I will email them tonight and see if I can get the rest of the stuff sent out right away because I am super curious to try out the sleeve in an Atlantis-style tank.

I have to say, I got 100% pure flavor right out of the box on this coil. I'm vaping Vape Wild's Buttery Nuts, which is a very easy flavor to gauge purity on because it's a complex juice and when it's vaped properly you can taste all the little nuances of the juice. Sooo good. I was able to start vaping immediately after priming the coil (juice through the juice flow holes onto the cotton) and filling the tank. I can't speak to leaking or condensation yet but I will stay on this tank through a few tanks and report back either way.

I can already say that I will clean this coil the same way I do my cCells when I want to revive them. The best way I have found for that is to drop them into a little bowl with a denture cleaner tablet and let the soak overnight, then put them in a mug of water and microwave it for 3-1/3 or 4 minutes until the water is really boiling, then let them sit until the water gets cold. Then I rinse them under the tap to make sure any leftover crud gets rinsed out and let them dry. I have found that most of the time my cCells perform better after cleaning than they did when they were new! These EUC coils don't appear to have the break-in issues the cCells have, though, so YAY! :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I just got my Estoc tank today! Unfortunately there was a lil problem with my order and instead of a sleeve and a box of coils I got a couple of 220w wall plugs, lol. I will email them tonight and see if I can get the rest of the stuff sent out right away because I am super curious to try out the sleeve in an Atlantis-style tank.

I have to say, I got 100% pure flavor right out of the box on this coil. I'm vaping Vape Wild's Buttery Nuts, which is a very easy flavor to gauge purity on because it's a complex juice and when it's vaped properly you can taste all the little nuances of the juice. Sooo good. I was able to start vaping immediately after priming the coil (juice through the juice flow holes onto the cotton) and filling the tank. I can't speak to leaking or condensation yet but I will stay on this tank through a few tanks and report back either way.

I can already say that I will clean this coil the same way I do my cCells when I want to revive them. The best way I have found for that is to drop them into a little bowl with a denture cleaner tablet and let the soak overnight, then put them in a mug of water and microwave it for 3-1/3 or 4 minutes until the water is really boiling, then let them sit until the water gets cold. Then I rinse them under the tap to make sure any leftover crud gets rinsed out and let them dry. I have found that most of the time my cCells perform better after cleaning than they did when they were new! These EUC coils don't appear to have the break-in issues the cCells have, though, so YAY! :)

Glad they work. And glad you're set for overseas travel with those wall plugs.:lol:

Any idea if these will work in a Super tank as well, which can use Atlantis style coils (ccells as well I believe)? I have one inbound and never played with it before.

Reactions: cooladdict

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Well, I've got my Estoc tank that I won in the Heaven Gifts contest (THANK YOU @AlmightyEvan!) , and I've been running it pretty hard for the past 8 days. Going through roughly 3 tanks a day, so I've gone through a little over 90mL and it is still going very strong with no issues whatsoever!

I'm running it with the 0.5Ω SS coil with ceramic wick. Airflow allows for easy DTL hits, and vapor production is respectable. Flavor, on the other hand, is phenomenal! I absolutely agree with CA... every bit as good as the cCells, but the break-in is much smoother. The ceramic coils still allow for easy flavor transitions. I've vaped four different flavors through it, and there has been very little cross-over of flavors. I went from a DIY Honeyed Pear to a DIY Peanut Butter Custard to a DIY Iced Lemon Cookie to the DIY Peaches and Cream that is in it now...

I've noticed a small bit of leakage. Normally right after filling (even though I'm extremely careful to not let juice run down inside the chimney). Every time I refill the tank, I notice quite a bit of gurgling on the first hit or two, and have had to blow through the tank to get juice out of the air slots. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of. And all of my juices are 70VG/30PG, so they are rather thick in viscosity.

All in all, I'm really liking this tank... 4mL capacity, clean/pure flavor, easy top fill, nice airflow, and great longevity of the coil so far... And all of this at a very affordable price point!!!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Glad they work. And glad you're set for overseas travel with those wall plugs.:lol:

Any idea if these will work in a Super tank as well, which can use Atlantis style coils (ccells as well I believe)? I have one inbound and never played with it before.
I have a Super Tank that I run cCells in, so I am almost positive these coils will work in that tank with the sleeve. As soon as my sleeve arrives I will test it out to make sure and I'll let you know! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Well, I've got my Estoc tank that I won in the Heaven Gifts contest (THANK YOU @AlmightyEvan!) , and I've been running it pretty hard for the past 8 days. Going through roughly 3 tanks a day, so I've gone through a little over 90mL and it is still going very strong with no issues whatsoever!

I'm running it with the 0.5Ω SS coil with ceramic wick. Airflow allows for easy DTL hits, and vapor production is respectable. Flavor, on the other hand, is phenomenal! I absolutely agree with CA... every bit as good as the cCells, but the break-in is much smoother. The ceramic coils still allow for easy flavor transitions. I've vaped four different flavors through it, and there has been very little cross-over of flavors. I went from a DIY Honeyed Pear to a DIY Peanut Butter Custard to a DIY Iced Lemon Cookie to the DIY Peaches and Cream that is in it now...

I've noticed a small bit of leakage. Normally right after filling (even though I'm extremely careful to not let juice run down inside the chimney). Every time I refill the tank, I notice quite a bit of gurgling on the first hit or two, and have had to blow through the tank to get juice out of the air slots. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of. And all of my juices are 70VG/30PG, so they are rather thick in viscosity.

All in all, I'm really liking this tank... 4mL capacity, clean/pure flavor, easy top fill, nice airflow, and great longevity of the coil so far... And all of this at a very affordable price point!!!
Wow, great review, Kaezziel! Thanks for posting your experience so far. :) I'm only on my second tank (had to let the RX200's batteries charge up!) so I know to be watching out for leakage when I fill the tank again today. I did get a little gurgling when I filled the tank the second time but nothing major, and NO spitting, which is HUGE for me. I absolutely hate getting hot juice spray in my mouth when I am vaping.

I did try the ceramic coil in SS mode on my RX200 and on the Fuchai 213w last night but I was underwhelmed with it in TC. It could be the mod, or my limited experience with TC, or any number of things I suppose. I have just never found my sweet spot with TC. I had to keep turning the temperature up and even at 520 degrees the vapor was anemic so I switched back to VW, where I know what I'm doing, lol. Have you tried the coil in TC? If so, what do you think?

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Wow, great review, Kaezziel! Thanks for posting your experience so far. :) I'm only on my second tank (had to let the RX200's batteries charge up!) so I know to be watching out for leakage when I fill the tank again today. I did get a little gurgling when I filled the tank the second time but nothing major, and NO spitting, which is HUGE for me. I absolutely hate getting hot juice spray in my mouth when I am vaping.

I did try the ceramic coil in SS mode on my RX200 and on the Fuchai 213w last night but I was underwhelmed with it in TC. It could be the mod, or my limited experience with TC, or any number of things I suppose. I have just never found my sweet spot with TC. I had to keep turning the temperature up and even at 520 degrees the vapor was anemic so I switched back to VW, where I know what I'm doing, lol. Have you tried the coil in TC? If so, what do you think?

Thanks, hun! :D Yeah, I haven't had any spitting either... of course, I never get spitting with the cCells either, so I wasn't expecting any. ;) Only two tanks? Sheesh... I'm already halfway through my second tank of the day. :facepalm: Sometimes I think I vape too much... LOL

I did try it in TC mode, and was very unimpressed, so switched back to VW too. I tried it in default SS316 mode on the Fuchai, then set up custom TCR and TFR settings on it too... no matter what I did, it didn't work well. Weird, because I run the CoilArt Mage on it in TC mode all the time with dual 26g SS316L coils and it works perfectly. So, I don't think it's the mod... doesn't really matter to me, though... I always run the cCells in VW mode too.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thanks, hun! :D Yeah, I haven't had any spitting either... of course, I never get spitting with the cCells either, so I wasn't expecting any. ;) Only two tanks? Sheesh... I'm already halfway through my second tank of the day. :facepalm: Sometimes I think I vape too much... LOL

I did try it in TC mode, and was very unimpressed, so switched back to VW too. I tried it in default SS316 mode on the Fuchai, then set up custom TCR and TFR settings on it too... no matter what I did, it didn't work well. Weird, because I run the CoilArt Mage on it in TC mode all the time with dual 26g SS316L coils and it works perfectly. So, I don't think it's the mod... doesn't really matter to me, though... I always run the cCells in VW mode too.
Yep, the no-spitting thing is amazing to me. No matter how high I run the Vaporesso coils they just don't spit juice! I was really hoping the drop-in style of this coil would perform like the cCell in that regard and it does! :) I have a couple of Cubis tanks I run and those suckers can really get spitty, so I get gun shy, lol. I blow into those coils to clear juice, so I'm glad you mentioned that that's how you clear the gurgling with the EUC coil. I am getting ready to fill tank #3 so I'll be sure to do that. I will also blow through the air flow holes to see if I get any leakage/condensation on a tissue.

Have you tried the traditional cotton coil that came with the tank? I'm getting ready to order a box of the ceramic EUC coils but I haven't tried the other one yet so I don't know if I should get a box of those or not. Maybe I will just get the ceramic ones for now and wait on the traditional one.

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah, I'll occasionally run a paper towel down the chimney to clean up any condensation down in there, but most of what I see is around the air flow slots. Whenever I break the tank down, I'll definitely need to flush out the bottom part of the tank. I usually just run them under water in the sink... seems that most tanks end up with at least a little juice down in there... the original Target tank did that a lot. Every time I pulled a cCell, there would always be juice down in that little well where the positive end of the coil makes contact.

I haven't tried the traditional cotton coil yet. You know me... I'm gonna run the ceramic till it dies! :lol: I'm honestly not expecting much from the traditional coil though. I hated every single tank that I ever had that used standard type coils...

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah, I'll occasionally run a paper towel down the chimney to clean up any condensation down in there, but most of what I see is around the air flow slots. Whenever I break the tank down, I'll definitely need to flush out the bottom part of the tank. I usually just run them under water in the sink... seems that most tanks end up with at least a little juice down in there... the original Target tank did that a lot. Every time I pulled a cCell, there would always be juice down in that little well where the positive end of the coil makes contact.

I haven't tried the traditional cotton coil yet. You know me... I'm gonna run the ceramic till it dies! :lol: I'm honestly not expecting much from the traditional coil though. I hated every single tank that I ever had that used standard type coils...
That sounds like me with my trusty Q-tips, lol! I go through a LOT of Q-tips. I likes me a clean, clear chimney. :D So far I haven't had any trouble with condensation or leakage with my Estoc tank, but I just did my third fill so time will tell. I got no gurgling, either, though. I am picking up a 10-pack of replacement coils tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if the tank performs differently with different coils. I am really not interested in the traditional coil, either, lol! I am all about the ceramics, too. :D

So about these DIY recipes you mentioned. Peanut butter custard??? That sounds deelicious! I have been a peanut butter vaper since day 1. Okay, maybe day 3, but definitely since I first started vaping 4 years 8 months ago. That honey pear one sounds really interesting, too! If you want to, you are more than welcome to PM me your recipes. I will not say no. :D

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
That sounds like me with my trusty Q-tips, lol! I go through a LOT of Q-tips. I likes me a clean, clear chimney. :D So far I haven't had any trouble with condensation or leakage with my Estoc tank, but I just did my third fill so time will tell. I got no gurgling, either, though. I am picking up a 10-pack of replacement coils tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if the tank performs differently with different coils. I am really not interested in the traditional coil, either, lol! I am all about the ceramics, too. :D

So about these DIY recipes you mentioned. Peanut butter custard??? That sounds deelicious! I have been a peanut butter vaper since day 1. Okay, maybe day 3, but definitely since I first started vaping 4 years 8 months ago. That honey pear one sounds really interesting, too! If you want to, you are more than welcome to PM me your recipes. I will not say no. :D

As long as noone objects, I'll just post 'em here... I'm not shy about sharing my mixes... why should I be the only one who gets to enjoy them? ;)

Both of these use all TFA flavor concentrates:

Aphrodite's Kiss (Honeyed Pear)
Pear - 12%
Juicy Peach - 4.5%
Vanilla Bean Gelato - 5%
French Vanilla Creme - 5%
Cotton Candy - 2%
Honey - 1.5%

This one is good "as-is", but the flavors develop a bit more with a little steeping. The honey flavor tends to soften with time.

Honey Nut Custard (Peanut Butter Custard)
Vanilla Custard - 10%
French Vanilla Creme - 8%
Peanut Butter - 6%
Sweetener - 2%
Honey - 2%
AP - 2%

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
As long as noone objects, I'll just post 'em here... I'm not shy about sharing my mixes... why should I be the only one who gets to enjoy them? ;)

Both of these use all TFA flavor concentrates:

Aphrodite's Kiss (Honeyed Pear)
Pear - 12%
Juicy Peach - 4.5%
Vanilla Bean Gelato - 5%
French Vanilla Creme - 5%
Cotton Candy - 2%
Honey - 1.5%

This one is good "as-is", but the flavors develop a bit more with a little steeping. The honey flavor tends to soften with time.

Honey Nut Custard (Peanut Butter Custard)
Vanilla Custard - 10%
French Vanilla Creme - 8%
Peanut Butter - 6%
Sweetener - 2%
Honey - 2%
AP - 2%
No objections here! Both of these sound incredible. I think i have all of the flavors for the Honey Nut Custard one, too! Thanks so much for sharing, my friend. :wub:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

Are you closing off the airflow before you open the top to fill?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

I used it in TC on the target mini.....worked just fine. The RX can be a little temperamental with tc. If you don't start off with the coil at the right "room temp" it will read the ohms off and give you either an anemic vape or way to hot.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I used it in TC on the target mini.....worked just fine. The RX can be a little temperamental with tc. If you don't start off with the coil at the right "room temp" it will read the ohms off and give you either an anemic vape or way to hot.

Ahh, I bet that's what happened! I was vaping on it in wattage mode before I switched it to TC. That makes total sense! :)

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Been a fan of Vaporesso ever since they hit the street. Love the ceramic coils but not the Ni. Prefer either kanthal or Ss as Ni coils too tempremental. Not a great fan of TC mods never vape over 45W anyhow and not worried about all this TC hype.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
No objections here! Both of these sound incredible. I think i have all of the flavors for the Honey Nut Custard one, too! Thanks so much for sharing, my friend. :wub:

You are absolutely welcome! :wub: I think you'll like the Honey Nut... I've been thinking about lowering the Vanilla Custard by 1% and adding 1% more Honey... I like the way that Honey and Peanut Butter play together. ;)

Actually, no... I haven't touched the airflow since I screwed it onto the tank. Good suggestion, I'll have to try that as soon as I empty this tank. :thumbs:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Just refilled and tried closing off the airflow before opening the top... didn't make any difference. It still gurgled after filling and I still ended up blowing a little bit of juice out of the air slots. :unsure: Not sure why, but it's still not a big deal... just something to be aware of, I guess.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
You are absolutely welcome! :wub: I think you'll like the Honey Nut... I've been thinking about lowering the Vanilla Custard by 1% and adding 1% more Honey... I like the way that Honey and Peanut Butter play together. ;)

Actually, no... I haven't touched the airflow since I screwed it onto the tank. Good suggestion, I'll have to try that as soon as I empty this tank. :thumbs:
I might try that first, then! I hope to be able to mix up a batch tomorrow. I do love PB&H! :)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I might try that first, then! I hope to be able to mix up a batch tomorrow. I do love PB&H! :)

Wanted to do some mixing this weekend, but it just wasn't in the cards... hopefully I'll have a little time after work today. I'm completely out of everything except my Peaches and Cream... and that's getting really low! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread