Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
17007879330_f74588a518_h.jpg

17195401325_46dda8549c_h.jpg

Quick video I made for the "Squonkers" group on Facebook. Some people with the flask say they can squonk with their thumb without shifting it around, but I don't find it comfortable.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
^^^ are you able to see just where they attached the positive wire on the 510?

Looks to be a Fat Daddy 510 so would rely on the removable pin to make contact with the fixed part of the positive connection. With the washer between the 510 I can't see it making a very reliable connection.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Looks to be a Fat Daddy 510 so would rely on the removable pin to make contact with the fixed part of the positive connection. With the washer between the 510 I can't see it making a very reliable connection.

I don't know what kind of magic they are using, but it works fine for the dna40 chip. I know they beta tested it for quit awhile to get all the bugs out.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Well I'm enjoying it right now. If people start to have major issues with it with erratic power connections and leaking all over the place I'm sure there will be complaints. I'm not positive they are using the fatdaddy BF system wholesale. The pin looks like it, but the rest does not. Do you know if they use a standard fatdaddy 510s in the regular flask?

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got mine in today and I think it's a winner. All I need to do is find a better bottle...I think the Vapeage 9ml bottles will work better but a removal string will need to be attached. All in all, I love it! View attachment 427714
Removal string?? Is it difficult to remove the bottle? What issues do you see with the stock bottle?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Removal string?? Is it difficult to remove the bottle? What issues do you see with the stock bottle?
too small and a little too hard to push....The stock bottle works and is easy to get out but I want to put a bigger bottle in it. That will be harder to get out but easier to squonk. It's a great device but it could be better.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
too small and a little too hard to push....The stock bottle works and is easy to get out but I want to put a bigger bottle in it. That will be harder to get out but easier to squonk. It's a great device but it could be better.

That is what rev2 is for :)

Don't be surprised to see a revision in the next month or so as that is their track record, IMHO.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
So I pretty much love it....no burnt hits when I forget to squonk...no leaks. The oring on the 510 seals well, nothing gets out. Bottle is about the same size as my Reo Grand bottle. I can operate left or right handed and the bottle is fully accessible. Right hand? squonk with thumb, fire with fore finger (although the curve is in the wrong direction ergonomically) Left hand ( this is what I do most of the time) squonk with fore, middle or ring finger...fire with thumb.

No glitches...no problems. Although I may look at a different topper since the real estate for 2.5 ID coils is a little sparse with the Cyclone. ;)

If I were to be nit picky, attaching the tube to the 510 metal tube can be tricky because it is dark in there. But all of the advantages outweigh a minor inconvenience IMO. Once you have done it a few times, you don't need to look because you can feel the tension when you press the bottle in.

And now I am giggling at myself because I can still get the ergonomics in the right hand if I flip it...hahaha...oops

Last edited:

Loopy1224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Brick, New Jersey
Mine was delivered yesterday. So far so good. I was really concerned about refilling the bottle but it really very simple. Great vape with kanthal - nickle in the mail and should arrive today. Looking forward to my first nickel build.....NOT!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread