Status
Not open for further replies.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
While it looks good because it is a flask there are some glaring issues.

The dna screen is sitting on the top waiting for a miss-placed over squonk to drench it.

The bottle is on the wrong side IMHO, having to flip it in your hand to squonk was just a plain lazy design.

PITA to replace the bottle

Did I say juice is going to get on the screen real easily?

I am going to pass on making this my third flask and stick with REO's/GDNA's/PEKO's.

Last edited:

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I'm impatiently waiting for my 1st ed VF Squonker to arrive!
I've never squonked before but now that I have the Flask on the way, I'm also ready to jump on the REO train.
While I've recently come to appreciate regulated mods a bit more I still prefer the bulletproof reliability of a mechanical.
My Vaporflask took a short tumble from my lap onto the office floor and is now sitting in Atlanta being repaired...

The first edition VFS was $330.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Does anyone know how the bottle will connect and how to fill? It doesn't look like filling and cleaning will be very convenient.
Wondering the same thing myself. Mine should most likely be delivered tomorrow and I'm dying to see.
Worse case it'll go up on the classies and fund another REO or two :D

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The bottle is on the wrong side IMHO, having to flip it in your hand to squonk was just a plain lazy design.
The bottle can't be anywhere but under the 510. ;)

I don't see that as a show-stopper. It's clearly going to have different ergos than a REO, probably more like a dibi-sumpin or gDNA. Fire with your thumb, squonk with your middle or ring finger.

PITA to replace the bottle
That part bothers me. What's it gonna take to get the bottle out to refill it?

Did I say juice is going to get on the screen real easily?
You did. This doesn't worry me much.

What worries me more is the waterfall channel in the the 510. What is that, some kind of built-in over-squonking protection? :confused:

Vapor_Flask_squonk_2.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have REO's and SIB boxes from Grunt Vapors. I am using a squonker 95% of the time. I see several potential issues with the Flask squonker but I ordered one anyway. I own a DNA 40 Flask and it's so nice, I can't see them dropping the ball on this one. It's been in the works for awhile. Fingers crossed, but I think it'll be great. I can't believe they're still in stock though....looks like a lot of folks are waiting for the first impression videos. For $335, I can't say I blame them. Mine ships tomorrow.....There could be a sale by Tuesday!

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
The bottle can't be anywhere but under the 510. ;)

I don't see that as a show-stopper. It's clearly going to have different ergos than a REO, probably more like a dibi-sumpin or gDNA. Fire with your thumb, squonk with your middle or ring finger.

That part bothers me. What's it gonna take to get the bottle out to refill it?

You did. This doesn't worry me much.

What worries me more is the waterfall channel in the the 510. What is that, some kind of built-in over-squonking protection? :confused:

Vapor_Flask_squonk_2.jpg
The waterfall is a hold over from the regular flask for bottom air fed atomizers like my Spheroids. Not sure why you'd need this on a squonker...then again I'm new to this whole squonking thing.
I got mine today.
It's for sale in the VF owner's group if anyone's interested.
I'll stick with the REO methinks

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I got mine today.
It's for sale in the VF owner's group if anyone's interested.
You got it today. You put it up for sale today. Since they're still in stock at Vapin Art, I would venture to say you're not going to flip it for a profit, so that means you don't care for it. Spill the beans already and tell us WHY. ;)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
You got it today. You put it up for sale today. Since they're still in stock at Vapin Art, I would venture to say you're not going to flip it for a profit, so that means you don't care for it. Spill the beans already and tell us WHY. ;)
Yeah....why why why??? You can't leave us hangin....

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I got banged with taxes this year :cry:
I was on the list for this before I got the REO. Picked up the REO to try squonking while I waited.
Here's a pic of the feed system...
The pin goes thru the o-ring and in thru the top of the 510. You then screw the atty down to seal it.
Then you push the bottle up thru the screw hole.

152C6E02-EFF4-4680-8DBF-1DBFE55DF332.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
On mine (DIY) with same socket and tube I put that silicone o-ring on the atty up at the top of the atty's 510 threads to seal it on the socket. I placed a 2 x 1 mm o-ring under the head of the tube to seal the tube into the socket.
11150208_988229551201269_894160686667425039_n.jpg

It's the only place it fits, took me 45 minutes to stop thinking that it goes under the tube.
11062732_989980587692832_4725811610441263900_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread