VG Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen Alonzo

Oct 22, 2016
My husband is starting to make his own juices and I have found that VG can be made w/ coconut base, my husband is deathly allergic to coconut - this is from the RTS site - For an e-liquid base that is plant-based, we recommend 100% pure USP Kosher Certified vegetable glycerin. This USP Kosher Certified VG liquid is super thick and produces tons of vapor. USP grade vegetable glycerin as offered below can not only be used for e-liquid, but also for cosmetics and sweeteners. 100% pure USP Kosher Certified vegetable glycerin will not only create more smoke than propylene glycol, it is perfect for vapers that are allergic to PG. Made in Indonesia from coconuts. (Palm Based)

Are there other sites/places that we can get VG that is not coconut base. Is most of the VG out on the market made this way? We are currently using Scenic Avalanche juice and can not find any site to find out if this is made w/ the RTS VG.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
I do not think any issue could occur due to vaping VG...aka C3H8O3...when it is in a pure condition, no matter, what made of.

No more coconut. Just C3H8O3. Nothing else. Alcohol...
biggrin.gif

Kosher...wtf?

Mine comes from a shop that sells that stuff for horses...horse-direct in germany...I pay about 13 Euros for 5 liters...99,5% clean and according to pharmaceutical rules! No allergens in that stuff...no way.

Last edited:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi Jen, and welcome to ECF!

I'm not a doctor, but I would agree with Joerg, VG is pretty darn refined, and I wouldn't think there would be anything in coconut based VG that would trigger an allergic reaction.

THAT said, many of the DIY'ers around here are buying their PG and VG from Essential Depot. GREAT deals if you are willing to buy 4 gallons. You can choose whether to get 1 gal of VG or PG and 3 of the other, or 2 and 2, or 4 gallons of just PG or VG. I do the 3 VG 1 PG, soy or palm based VG is available. The stuff keeps for a couple years NO problem if kept in a dark, cool place.

Here is a link for you:
VG/PG glyCUBEs and Drums: Essential Depot
and you can save 20% on the shipping with code SHIP20.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My husband is starting to make his own juices and I have found that VG can be made w/ coconut base, my husband is deathly allergic to coconut - this is from the RTS site - For an e-liquid base that is plant-based, we recommend 100% pure USP Kosher Certified vegetable glycerin. This USP Kosher Certified VG liquid is super thick and produces tons of vapor. USP grade vegetable glycerin as offered below can not only be used for e-liquid, but also for cosmetics and sweeteners. 100% pure USP Kosher Certified vegetable glycerin will not only create more smoke than propylene glycol, it is perfect for vapers that are allergic to PG. Made in Indonesia from coconuts. (Palm Based)
Are there other sites/places that we can get VG that is not coconut base. Is most of the VG out on the market made this way? We are currently using Scenic Avalanche juice and can not find any site to find out if this is made w/ the RTS VG.

Welcome and glad you joined. Need to contact each vendor you intend to buy from and order with your own stipulation.
It may cost you some extra effort, but husbands health will be worth it.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Hi Jen, and welcome to ECF!

I'm not a doctor, but I would agree with Joerg, VG is pretty darn refined, and I wouldn't think there would be anything in coconut based VG that would trigger an allergic reaction.

THAT said, many of the DIY'ers around here are buying their PG and VG from Essential Depot. GREAT deals if you are willing to buy 4 gallons. You can choose whether to get 1 gal of VG or PG and 3 of the other, or 2 and 2, or 4 gallons of just PG or VG. I do the 3 VG 1 PG, soy or palm based VG is available. The stuff keeps for a couple years NO problem if kept in a dark, cool place.

Here is a link for you:
VG/PG glyCUBEs and Drums: Essential Depot
and you can save 20% on the shipping with code SHIP20.

Looking forward to seeing you around!
I will second Essential Depot. They carry VG that is either soy based or palm based, and you can specify which one you want

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread