Making own liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

teter

Jan 16, 2014
edinburgh
Hi

I read a little about this and if i understand right the liquid is made from Propylene Glycol PG, Vegetable Glycerin VG, nicotine and flavor

Most liquids are
70-80% PG
20-30% VG
0-24mg nicotine and
flavor

Some also have tiny amount of alcohol or distilled water.

I would like to make my own liquid and just wonder if those products would be good and ofcouse safe.

VG
CLEAR FOOD COSMETIC GRADE USP KOSHER VEGETABLE GLYCERINE GLYCEROL IN 6 SIZES | eBay

PG
CLASSIKOOL MPG MONO PROPYLENE GLYCOL PHARMA GRADE BETTER THAN FOOD GRADE 99% + | eBay

I don't need nicotine so can i just mix those 2 products and start vape?
Anybody have experience with home made liquids?

thans in advance

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
go check out essential depot, i got my pg and vg from them... i think its good and at a good price too...

as far as mixing goes, you can mix whatever percentages you want... my wife prefers an 80/20, i used to prefer a 50/50 now i prefer 30/70

i would probably try higher vg, but... the nic, and all flavorings we have are pg... so... i think im stuck at 30% pg... not much i can do about it... though i might be able to adjust to 25/75 now that i think about it...

edit: mixing is really simple, if you want to mix just pg and vg with no flavorings, and just vape unflavored... then all you need is pg and vg... if you are trying for whatever flavor you gotta get the flavorings too... keep that in mind on your mixing... for example all our flavorings are pg...

so when my wife mixes 20% flavoring for if she did the rest vg, itd still end up being 20/80

just letting you know

Last edited:
You can also get 10-20 ml oral med syringes from Walmart/pharmacy as well. When adding flavor I use a 20 gauge 3ml intramuscular syringe, it's more accurate for the smaller measurements.

As long time Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic I wonder if, when I get the itch to make my own e liquids, I would be able to parlay some of my existing supplies into tools to help with the task. Making lemonade out of lemons finally maybe?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Teter.

Please don't mess around on ebay.

Go to a good e-cig liquid vendor and start from there. First time, you can use premixed PG and VG in any strength you like.
Plus, you can also get high quality concentrates.

Try this.

VPG Nicotine Base

If 40-80p for 10mls is too much, then consider going the whole way with seperate ingredients.

I've wasted countless amounts of money on buying no-name PG/VG and rubbish flavours. False economy.

tyob1

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
NW Florida
As long time Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic I wonder if, when I get the itch to make my own e liquids, I would be able to parlay some of my existing supplies into tools to help with the task. Making lemonade out of lemons finally maybe?

I'm thinking the needle gauge would be so small, it would take you 3 days to draw a ml of pg, let alone vg.. Maybe if you have Luer locks you could just remove the needle.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's what I use to measure - syringes with no tip.
for flavorings, you need 1 ml syringes, for PG/VG get some 3's and maybe a 5.
They're cheap and you can rinse and reuse.

I agree with previous post - you want pharmaceutical grade, and the stuff is SO CHEAP compared to buying e-liquid from a vendor, that there's no need to get anything from a questionable source. Go to a trusted source. Not sure what that is in your country, sorry!

Also - that PG/VG ration can be anything from 0-100% either way.
PG is better at "carrying flavorings" while VG is better at producing the vapor.
PG is thinner and VG is thicker - this effects how hard or easy it is to get the liquid "wicking" in the device.
So it's a compromise and a preference. I tend to mix my own juice somewhere in the range of 40/60 to 60/40.

I'm thinking the needle gauge would be so small, it would take you 3 days to draw a ml of pg, let alone vg.. Maybe if you have Luer locks you could just remove the needle.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
You can buy what people here call VG at any drugstore in the US. It's called Glycerin USP in the US. It is pharmaceutical grade glycerin (glycerol).

The same product is called Glycerin BP in in the UK.

Yes, you can buy it in any quantity you want: 55 gallon drum, a railway tank car, etc. The question is do you need that much of the stuff?

GlycerinUSP.jpg

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you go back to LT e-cigs, you can buy flavour concentrates on there. £2 - ish.

Inawera, Wera Garden, Tino D'milano.

or look up "Flavourart" or "Decadent vapours".

Shop bought concentrates won't cut it, although people used to use "cupcake world".

I hope that helps. P.S. the Care+ brand (Sainsburys/Boots) of VG tastes bad in e-liquid.

Oh... and Capella flavour drops are good. They are sold on "the Alchemists Cupboard".

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
so im just throwing this out there. i have no idea how to DIY style so forgive me if this sounds so stupid but..

i understand the whole pg vg ratio and what not. so do you have to have put vg and pg and mix those together with the flavoring? or how would you make a batch of liquid 50/50 ratio with 18 mg of nicotine. very curious to this. if anyone could PM me the recipe or directions i would be so stoked. i want to make a huge batch of a few of my ADV.. tired of ordering liquid when i could just make it myself and always have on tap at my request. mwuahaha:banana:

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
Wizard Labs in the US. Prices are good and shipping is very reasonable for their flavors ( TFA, Lor, Seedmans ), I think they have to ship the nic, pg, and vg via priority mail though. 120ml's of all three came to $31 and change, with priority shipping. They also have lab glass, syringes, bottles, etc. I don't know what it takes to get it across the pond.

dns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread