Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Well done and Bravo Russ! Ya done good! Really clear and helpful for newbies and for some of us middle timers too.

Oh yeah Russ (or any other wise one), are the 9/16 by 7/16 orings discussed in the video the same size we get from Rob off of the Reo Site? Not trying to high jack the thread, just had an "oh yeah" moment here

Thank you :)
I dunno about the orings - I took a mod with the new connector to Ace Hardware and used it to find the correct size orings :)

Reactions: Robinowitz

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Awesome video! I learn something new every time I watch them! So this might not be the place to ask but watching you talk about that o ring under the Atty made me think about reading somewhere about an o ring for under the power button. Yes I seem to be a button masher! Can anyone tell me what size to look for?

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
If I could just find a mouth to lung bottom fed dripping atty I could get a Reo.

I second what digilunatic said, I tried the Odin, and loved the vape but DTL wrecks my lungs, so I'm back to my faithful RM2. Not quite the volume or density of vapor, but a FINE MTL BF atty and the price is right.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Awesome video! I learn something new every time I watch them! So this might not be the place to ask but watching you talk about that o ring under the Atty made me think about reading somewhere about an o ring for under the power button. Yes I seem to be a button masher! Can anyone tell me what size to look for?
Haven't heard of using orings for that. Have heard that using AW Batts (button tops) helps with button mashing.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I would think the size o-ring you find on drip tips would work. It just needs to go around the button.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I love it! Thanks Russ! The upgraded REO is awesome. I have been wondering how Rob could improve on perfection. Now I have seen it.

Thanks for the Odin V2 vid also. There goes the bank account. After Saturday I may not have access to a bank account anymore though.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Super video @super_X_drifter - thanks
Loved it - and i learnt a few things
Nice bottle holder. You are giving me ideas

What were those markings at the top of one of your red AW batteries?

Those are dots made with a sharpie so I know the approximate age of a battery and what one it is to keep em in proper rotation when I accidentally knock them all over. I learned a long time ago not to write on the sides cause hand oils will remove them fast. Every new battery gets marked with a corresponding dot. For instance, My next 2200 will get 5 dots.

But alcohol will remove them which kinda sucks. So ya gotta be careful :)

Reactions: Silver1

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Me too. That kids paint container turned bottle holder is awesome
It kicks ayuss. Ya gotta cut off the tops and sand the "hinges" down but it's worth the 5 minutes it took :)

Here it is in its natural habitat
image.jpg

Silver1

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Those are dots made with a sharpie so I know the approximate age of a battery and what one it is to keep em in proper rotation when I accidentally knock them all over. I learned a long time ago not to write on the sides cause hand oils will remove them fast. Every new battery gets marked with a corresponding dot. For instance, My next 2200 will get 5 dots.

But alcohol will remove them which kinda sucks. So ya gotta be careful :)

Thanks ;-)
Super organised!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
You want 1.5mm x 6mm o-rings. I got mine here: 1.5mm X 6mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring [N1.50X006] : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!

Given that some REOs have varying throws, it should work fine but is not guaranteed. Out of my 3 grands, its perfect on 2 of them. On one of them, the throw is less, so running that o-ring means I have to mash - and I'm not into that so I run one grand o-ringless until I find the proper size.

ETA you must use a button cover for this to work...sorry if it seems common sense I'm just makin sure you know. Would suck to get these and not have a button cover :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread