Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi I have a spinner 2 and spinner 1. I had the same issue with them not lasting as long as I needed. Battery life is very dependant on your voltage settings. Higher the volts the shorter the life like with anything. I needed something to last longer so I invested in a innokin my taste mvp 2. 2600mah battery. I wish I'd gotten it sooner! Amazing vape! I would really consider getting a mvp2. You will NOT be sorry! !! You can even charge your phone off the mvp2.! Super long battery life. Hope this helps and good luck. Lower you voltage if you want longer battery life. Best wishes

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
THe spinners have an issue with using the correct USB charger, a fairly common one. I dont believe the EGO USB chargers work very well with them, but rather the 510 USB chargers are the right ones. They look identical.
Caveat: I might have that backwards, the EGO is correct, the 510 not. Sorry, but I fixed my Spinner charging problems a long time ago, so I dont recall exactly which one. Whichever one you have (EGO or 510), get the other one. :)

EDIT: It looks like the one you want IS the EGO USB-B charger, and not the 510 one. Again, they look alike though.

Last edited:

kojul

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
I second the MVP 2 opinion here. I didn't quit smoking until I got mine. I went through a ego twist and a Vision Spinner 2. My spinner would also never hold a charge long and eventually, the top pin solder connection broke, so I don't recommend spinners to anyone. However, I would recommend the MVP 2 to anyone I know trying to quit smoking.

Good move to the aerotank.

SaabFanatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2014
Peterborough, Canada
I second the MVP 2 opinion here. I didn't quit smoking until I got mine. I went through a ego twist and a Vision Spinner 2. My spinner would also never hold a charge long and eventually, the top pin solder connection broke, so I don't recommend spinners to anyone. However, I would recommend the MVP 2 to anyone I know trying to quit smoking.

Good move to the aerotank.

I also had issues with the Ego & Vision 2 Spinners and went to a Vamo V5 VV/VW mod running with a Rocket tank.

michaelpet

May 11, 2013
snow
It was the same problem described here and that thread. One of the problem that it goes to green after an hour or so, and has to be reattached.

chargers I have tried:

Kangertech 400mah
usbCharger-200x200.JPG

joyetech 420 mah
67-home_default.jpg

no name 420 mah charger
$T2eC16h,!zEE9s3!Z))RBReqnrwQKg~~60_35.JPG

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
THe spinners have an issue with using the correct USB charger, a fairly common one.

You are entirely correct about that.

I was using a genuine joyetech usb charger, and it works great on joyetech twists because the joyetech ego products connector is more shallow. If you look at a joyetech usb charger, the connector center pin part is almost flush or even recessed from the outside rim.

the 510 connection on the Spinner connector is deeper, so you need to look at the usb charger and see if the thingie in the middle sticks out a little more. I got a knockoff ego usb and it worked great.

You can always just get one directly from vision---seems like that one would work~
Vision ego usb charger : Vision Electronic Cigarette, Original Manufacturers

Also, wanted to mention that when you put on charger, light should go from green to red while it checks the charge....if it stays green, press the button on the Spinner ONCE while it's connected to charger......light should go to red then, and begin charging.

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I got the spinner 1600 (1650) and seems its not lasting as long as my other 1300 ones.

A few puffs and it goes from white light to blue.

Code:
White light ~ 60%-100%, Blue light ~ 30%-60%, Orange light ~ 0-30%

Im using it at 4.5v, did check the security code on the box and that seemed to pass.

You could have gotten a bad one, I did. I bought one 3 wks. ago from a local dealer and it would charge, but with just 20 or so hits at 3.3 volts, the light would go to white and and with another 20 or so hits, it went yellow on me. It would take a long time to recharge and then it was the same thing again. Returned it for an exchange and this one is performing great. I have be using it in rotation with several other mods and haven't had to charge it yet, still has a white light. I think some are just bad.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I haven't had any issues with battery life on my Vision Spinner 2. I typically get 2-3 days out of a full charge vaping 2 ml a day. However I sometimes do have issues charging it. I plug it in, the charger light turns red and it begins charging...but then I look at it 30-60 minutes later and it's stopped charging. Unplug it, plug it back in, and then it charges for another hour or two until it's fully charged. This seems to happen pretty regularly. It's strange.

For what it's worth I'm using the Joyetech USB Charger sold by MyVaporStore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread