vodka instead of PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, you can't replace it with 20% vodka, just to be on the safe side. You can use a TINY amount of alcohol in your vape if you must, but not 20% and distilled water is probably MUCH safer in any case. There really isn't anything wonderful about inhaling alcohol, it's much nicer (and probably HEALTHIER even, depending on amounts) to drink it instead.

My good old Russian Heritage wants to egg you on, but really, please don't put much vodka (or even water) in your vape. They probably both thin enough at MUCH smaller amounts with VG. I use max VG (sensitive to PG) and sometimes will put a drop or two in my vape. One or two DROPS of H20 per tank seems to do the trick.

Anna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Unless you like a really harsh vape; I wouldn't recommend it. The #1 reason vapers may choose to let their e-liquid "breathe" (rest with caps and drip tips off), is to get rid of trace amounts of alcohol used as carriers, in some flavor concentrates.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Use caution: The danger with vaping alcohol is alcohol vapor. It will get you drunk if you use enough, and it will do it very very fast. It leaves your system almost as quickly, but it can be dangerous for these same reasons.

Thinning VG with alcohol requires very little alcohol though. We’re talking a few drops in a 30ml bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread