Volcano Fizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amuse

Feb 3, 2010
Indiana
I was so happy to get a Volcano ecig for Christmas -BUT it doesnt "puff" very well. I can get almost sufficient vapor on the first puff, but then cant get another good puff for 7 to 10 minutes! If i try very hard, it blinks, even if freshly charged. frustration more than pleasure...

I have repeatedly tried to reach Volcano by phone number in the package, but they have not returned any calls or human-answered, no matter the time I call. So i borrowed a computer to go to their website...and it is "under construction".

Another problem is that the gifter says the kit he ordered had 2 batteries, but it only arrived with one. i think i am also missing part of the charging device, but not sure due to unclear instructions that came in the nice gift box. As it was a gift, i have no receipt or invoice to check it against. I also rcvd many 0 nicotine cartridges and again, my friend says he ordered all of them in Med strength.

i am very motivated to vape, but after reading of all the bad companies here, and having bad results with a company i am NOT finding complaints about, i am about ready to give up.

Does anyone know anything about Volcano company in Hawaii? Are they generally reputable or am i just having an unusual issue?
any tips on increasing the vapor amount? (i am using the cigar method already.)

Amuse

Feb 3, 2010
Indiana
I was so happy to get a Volcano ECig for Christmas -BUT it doesnt "puff" very well. I can get almost sufficient vapor on the first puff, but then cant get another good one for 7 to 10 minutes! If i try, it blinks, even if freshly charged. frustration more than pleasure...

I have tried to reach Volcano by phone number in the package, but they have not returned any calls or answered, no matter the time I call. So i borrowed a computer to go to their website...and it is "under construction".

Another problem is that the gifter claims the kit he ordered had 2 batteries, but it only had one. i think i am also missing part of the charging device, but not sure due to unclear instructions that came in the nice gift box. As it was a gift, i have no receipt or invoice to check it against.

i am very motivated to vape, but after reading of all the bad companies here, and having bad results with a company i am NOT finding complaints about, i am about ready to give up.

Does anyone know anything about Volcano company in Hawaii? Are they generally reputable or am i just having an unusual issue?

dreamweaver3913

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Oconomowoc, WI
I was able to get to the website fine...

volcanoecigs dot com

It looks like the starter kit only comes with one battery and the charger is two parts... a USB cable that connects to the battery and an A/C to USB wall adapter.

The LED blinking generally indicates that the battery is low/dead and needs to be charged. The LED will also blink if you reached a cut off (too many drags in too short of a time frame) but that doesn't sound like the case here.

It looks like a KR808D-1... Steve at PureSmoker.com is great to deal with if you want to use a cartomizer style like the one you have.

Otherwise I'd personally recommend the eGo from JantyUSA.com or the TORNADO from totallywicked-eliquid.com (both are the same model) or a Joye 510 starter kit from CigNot.com. These are 3-piece models which are a little different. The eGo/TORNADO are going to have much better battery life than a standard 510.

dreamweaver3913

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Oconomowoc, WI
Sorry... forgot to respond to the last question :)

Haven't heard of Volcanoecigs personally... nor have I seen them around the forum. A bunch of companies with this style of PV are popping up with attractive graphics.

Remember... no vendor is perfect... it's the customer service that makes a vendor great to deal with (like Cignot, Puresmoker, etc.)

The Volcano is not a KR808D-1. It is the same model as the Blu Cig.

I bought the Volcano as my first e-cig before coming to this site and learning a bit more (okay, a LOT more) about PV's. Truthfully, going with the Volcano was a bad choice. All it was good for was to tide me over until my next smoke break, not as a substitute for smoking.

I did go ahead and order a KR808D-1 from puresmoker.com (Re-branded as Puresmoker's Ace), and have managed to not have a cigarette in a few days, and am not badly craving one. I highly recommend that you just cut your losses, give up on the Volcano entirely, and get one of the better models. I don't think that you will regret it one bit.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
Hey NewUnderwayBuddy, you stationed in Bremerton? NBK or a vessel? I work on NBK-Bangor. What strength is your Nic? If you increase it you may find the cravings go away.

OP you may do better to order a starter kit from a supplier here. Something that is tried and reported on here. The 901, 801, KR808 and 510 are all well documented here on ECF. The 510 is highly recommended as a starter unit.

Amuse

Feb 3, 2010
Indiana
that is kind of how i was feeling...almost there. Guess i better start over with something else. good thing my birthday is coming up! i really think i can quit my expensive all natural organic no additive cigarettes with this device IF i can get one that delivers a nice hit.
Thanks for the advice on types etc. i rarely have internet access so it was hard to do much research, altho i HAVE learned a lot in an evening by cruising thru this site! and thanks also, the Volcano site is back up now as i check again. i guess the confusion my have come from the grammatical nightmare "1 BATTERIES", lol.
No sense in getting in a twist about the no nicotine cartridges, as i think i will cut my losses and try one of the ones you have suggested.
again, thanks so much for your sensible replies! Nice peeps here. :)
and not to be completely negative the Cherry Lava flavour ROCKS!

@ Wolf:

Stationed out of Bangor. Boat is in the yards right now.

I am vaping 18mg until the carts dry, and then refilling with 24mg. Got my KR8 on the 29th, and it has been great. Tried smoking a Cig on Monday, and had to put the damn thing out because it tasted horrible. Looks like Vaping only for me now, and I couldn't be happier.

dreamweaver3913

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Oconomowoc, WI
the Cherry Lava flavour ROCKS!

PureSmoker doesn't have a cherry but they do have a bunch of others in their "Atomz"

If you don't mind filling them yourself you can always get "blanks" or empty "atomz" and buy some cherry liquid from someone like TotallyWicked-eliquid.com (If you buy from Totally Wicked their 10ml bottles are notorious for leaking... I've never had an issue with the 30ml bottles).

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
@NewUnderwayBuddy
With the way the Navy is about tobacco, sounds like a good thing to me. I imagine it's harder and harder for smokers on the boats. Thank goodness vapor doesn't stink like smoke and leaves no ash behind or butts. You might want to look at something like a big battery mod. Some of them are small enough to be concealed in your hand and not have to replace the battery all day long. The Chuck can be custom and the BB comes in black. Both have manual switches and I haven't seen anyone report switch problems. Beats the auto batteries all to heck.

Amuse

Feb 3, 2010
Indiana
after finally reaching Volcano when their website was up, they responded quickly with a phone call. They replaced my battery and charger pack as well as the electric cord by quick mail. They asked that i return those items to them, as i will do as soon as the Blizzard quits raging outside. They also sent a usb charger that i find convenient at work, and that was not in my original giftbox. I will only be out a couple of bucks postage on the deal, and the pleasant gentleman who called said to ship it back the cheapest way.
i felt there was concern there that i had received a faulty product and he advised me not to plug in the charger pack anymore when i reported a small melted area on it near the plug receptacle. Nice people, just a hard time getting in touch with them at first, but good customer service, prompt, polite and friendly.

I'm still a little disapointed in the performance but this one does give me a good puff every few minutes, especially if i shake it down like an old fashioned thermometer. I guess i just like nice big clouds of vapor, and from what i see on this forum, i imagine i will be moving up to another model and dripping my own before long.

thanks for all your help and responses for a mere Newby!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread