Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I think you are talking about the Cocobolo's. We should ask Rob, it does seem that they took the finish differently.

If he oil rubbed them like he did Big Hitter's...I may have to sell a body part to be able to get two.:)

I am pretty sure that is what he did. I know in our conversations we have talked about the Cocobolo not taking the poly well. Mine all have that luster of fresh oiled wood. :facepalm::p

Must add here, you could blindfold me and hand me any of my wood REO's. I can guess the Cocobolo every time. That smooth feel, the weight, nothing else is like that wood.

Last edited:

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I am pretty sure that is what he did. I know in our conversations we have talked about the Cocobolo not taking the poly well. Mine all have that luster of fresh oiled wood. :facepalm::p

That's what I was thinking.:facepalm:

The Cocobolo of this run is haunting my mind. But my heart already belongs to another.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
So the VV eliminates the danger of running your atty or carto at too high or low voltage??

What danger? if you're talking about popping a coil - No. The notcigs VV circuit isn't going to protect you from blowing a coil. You will protect your coils by starting at low voltage and turning it up until you get to what feels and tastes right. There is a 15 watt max output, but there are lots of coils that can't put out 15w without popping.

If you are referring to some other 'danger', you'll have to elaborate. The vv circuit has short, reverse battery, over temp, over discharge etc protection, so I'm not aware of anything that might be an issue.

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
Anticipation.......

1329375921_f5.gif

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
:lol:

Btw since the stabilzed wood doesn't feel like regular wood anyway you WANT a poly finish. It doesn't feel like sweat. Having had stabilized REOs with different finishes Rob nailed it with the poly. :thumbs:

Yep I know, I'm not a fan of the stabilized for just that reason. It somehow seems unnatural to me.
I was saying that the poly makes my hands sweat ... a lot.
The only other Woodvil I have that rob first tried polyurethane on I took steel wool to it and got rid of it.

I love the cool looks of the stabilized wood though. I just figure I'm holding it more than I'm looking at it. And once I held a Cocobolo with just an oil finish it was all over for me.
The VV is my third 'bolo

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Yep I know, I'm not a fan of the stabilized for just that reason. It somehow seems unnatural to me.
I was saying that the poly makes my hands sweat ... a lot.
The only other Woodvil I have that rob first tried polyurethane on I took steel wool to it and got rid of it.

I love the cool looks of the stabilized wood though. I just figure I'm holding it more than I'm looking at it. And once I held a Cocobolo with just an oil finish it was all over for me.
The VV is my third 'bolo

I misunderstood you and thought you ment it felt like sweat. Its never cause my hands to sweat and my last 3 REOs were stabilized so maybe its different for everyone. Btw, I know many others that like natural wood REOs more than stabilized. To me it feels more like stone than wood. We can agree that regular wood has a natural warmth you'll never have with stabilized wood.

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I think you are talking about the Cocobolo's. We should ask Rob, it does seem that they took the finish differently.

If he oil rubbed them like he did Big Hitter's...I may have to sell a body part to be able to get two.:)
All the cocobolo mods have a straight oil finish no poly .To be honest I could do them in lacquer but it makes me cringe cocobolo feels so good in your hands its a shame to cover it .Some of the new jatoba I did this run have the same feel to them but I did poly most of them I no most folks like the shine . If I could use a camera as well as Tim you would see they all look like his mod .

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
i Think i'll have to wait on the metal VV Grande :) I just sent a woodville back for repairs to Robert, My it was in an awful looking state. I was almost ashamed to send it to him, I really have put it thru the mill.

Love the woodvills but i do have to be a bit more careful with them.

Hugs to all

The Clumsy One

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
i Think i'll have to wait on the metal VV Grande :) I just sent a woodville back for repairs to Robert, My it was in an awful looking state. I was almost ashamed to send it to him, I really have put it thru the mill.

Love the woodvills but i do have to be a bit more careful with them.

Hugs to all

The Clumsy One
Hey Clumsy you never tried to hide the fact you are clumsy :) I think a metal mod would suit you better but on the other hand I don't mind patching your mods up .

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Hey Clumsy you never tried to hide the fact you are clumsy :) I think a metal mod would suit you better but on the other hand I don't mind patching your mods up .

Awwww Sweet Robert. I think i need to stick with metal....im getting clumysier if that is possible :)

Thanks for patching up my worn out woodville for me. Dont worry about his looks, I like my vapes and men on the rough side...hahahaha

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Awwww Sweet Robert. I think i need to stick with metal....im getting clumysier if that is possible :)

Thanks for patching up my worn out woodville for me. Dont worry about his looks, I like my vapes and men on the rough side...hahahaha
My favorite was your mini reo it looked like you used it as a skate board:laugh: I should have taken before and after picks

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
hope i dont jinx myself but in 1 year of vaping ive never dropped a mod or even come close. id cry if i dropped a reo woodie though.
I have dropped my vv woodvil a couple times I even set it down on super glue .Another reason I like cocobolo a quick sand and its back to new . I have to admit I did cringe as I watched it hit the floor

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
Thanks for the confirmation Rob!

All the cocobolo mods have a straight oil finish no poly .To be honest I could do them in lacquer but it makes me cringe cocobolo feels so good in your hands its a shame to cover it .Some of the new jatoba I did this run have the same feel to them but I did poly most of them I no most folks like the shine . If I could use a camera as well as Tim you would see they all look like his mod .

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
I have dropped my vv woodvil a couple times I even set it down on super glue .Another reason I like cocobolo a quick sand and its back to new . I have to admit I did cringe as I watched it hit the floor

wow, sat in super glue. that had to be a riot seeing you try to pick it up and hit it,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread