Warning: Johnson creek e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Marion opend this thread about 6 recepie changes ago. I don't think it's fair to have the title "WARNING: Johnson Creek" anymore.

Can someone please lock this thread?

Just my opinion. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, beyond being a satisfied customer.

I'm a fan of JC too, and I've never had atomizer problems, but there are still people posting here as of less than a week ago claiming that JC liquids just killed their atomizers. So it may still be relevant, despite the age of the original thread.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm a fan of JC too, and I've never had atomizer problems, but there are still people posting here as of less than a week ago claiming that JC liquids just killed their atomizers. So it may still be relevant, despite the age of the original thread.
To be perfectly honest, juice doesn't kill atomizers, people kill atomizers.
Having said that, sure, this thread is worth keeping open.

jdubthegreat

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
California
The liquid is thin - I hated the flavor at first but I enjoy it now.

I would suggest adding some VG to thicken it up a bit. I have also been adding some Lorann's flavoring to the flavors that I add VG to. Simply Strawberry is weak at best - add some VG and some Tutti Frutti or Cotton Candy and you have a great flavor. ;)

JohnnyVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm just trying some JC juice now, and I have to say... so far, I like it. I ordered their sampler pack(reduced PG) to give it a try. I usually use Dekang liquids in a KR-808-D1, so I cleaned out a couple old cartos and gave it a shot. I haven't tried all the flavors yet, just the Tenn Cured, Original, Arctic Menthol, and Espresso.

Flavorwise, I wasn't very satisfied with the espresso, the flavor didn't come through very well. The Tenn Cured isn't too bad, I didn't get a dirty ashtray flavor from it. Not a favorite, but not a bad vape. The menthol was a bit different than what I was used to with the Dekang, but pretty good overall. The original... oh my god, the original. I'm madly in love with it. It has a creaminess to it that's fantastic.

All seemed to have similar throat hit, mild but there. Decent vapor production.

Since I use cartos, I haven't run into any atty problems, and I personally didn't see any sediment in my sample bottles.

I tried to get off the JC smoke juice a few times while trying other brands, but I still keep going back to the JC. It sort of reminds me of what Jeff Dunham's Peanut said once, "Once you go purple, YOU NEVER GO BACK!"... except in this case it's all about the earthy creamy pipe flavor and scent experience. I use to smoke a pipe, so I guess that's why I love it so.

I only have atty problems when I switch to a VG-based liquid. JC is keeping the PG for good reasons, but they still add a little glycerol to sweeten and thicken up the vapor a bit.

So, IDK... this was a 2 year old thread. Maybe user error? Or change of recipe since then?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I I only have atty problems when I switch to a VG-based liquid. JC is keeping the PG for good reasons, but they still add a little glycerol to sweeten and thicken up the vapor a bit.

So, IDK... this was a 2 year old thread. Maybe user error? Or change of recipe since then?

Well, I use ONLY VG-based liquids and never have atomizer problems EXCEPT when I use JC liquids. To be fair, they really aren't "problems," exactly, but after a few days of JC, a fresh atomizer will be gunked-up and running cool, requiring another cleaning. Whereas my go-to atomizer, which I use exclusively with ECOpure Menthol, hasn't needed any maintenance at all for literally months.

So I really think it's the flavourings that JC uses and not the VG. That said, I love several of JC's flavourings. Unfortunately, their Red Oak liquids are so thin that it's a real struggle to get them working right, especially the Domestic, which is a shame because it's my favourite.

If they sold flavour concentrates, I'd be all over that so I could mix up my own VG liquids. I don't understand why they make their liquids so thin. I mean, they literally drip out of the atomizer mesh if I hold it upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread