We aren't allowed to buy nic base here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMado

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2017
Tehran
I specialize in Java EE! Used to teach Java to adults, so I'm pretty well-versed in it, but as an architect I try to keep up with the industry. Doing a project with Aurelia at the moment, which I like better than angular and react. Also do a little c/c++ on the side for my Arduino projects. Also taught myself some assembler recently, but I don't I'll ever do something with that though. Still, good to know what you're talking about.

How about you?
Hey, I'm using PHP, MySQL for web programming, nothing fancy here ;) nowaday must of the time using CMS and just customizing them for my clients. But my main profession is branding and graphic design, specially web design. I want to start Java for android app coding but not start yet.
Nice to know you man ;) cheers

Reactions: Digress

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Digress, what would happen if a nice person from the USA wanted to send you a nice small present of 60ml juice to your nic level of choice? I find it amazing that I can drive to 5 different stores within 5 minutes and sample/buy hundreds of premium juices as well as order thousands online but you guys have all this trouble!
I would assume customs would confiscate it. The reason I ended up ordering online was that it wasn't an issue if it was sent from within the eu. If it came from the US/China, I guess it would be confiscated though.

We're perfectly able to go to the store and get juice in 10ml bottles, or in bigger bottles without nicotine, thing is it's just expensive.

But it's no worries

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Hey, I'm using PHP, MySQL for web programming, nothing fancy here ;) nowaday must of the time using CMS and just customizing them for my clients. But my main profession is branding and graphic design, specially web design. I want to start Java for android app coding but not start yet.
Nice to know you man ;) cheers
Nice, let me know if you need some help! You got some portfolio site for that graphic design?

Evan1

Jul 28, 2017
What if it wasn't labeled as ejuice? I'm sure putting scented bath oils would work just fine also what kind of pricing for a 10ml? Are USA brands available or popular in stores or throughout the EU?

For example I can get a 60ml bottle in 0/3/6/12 nic (generally speaking) for $20 shipped or in a store. Popular right now are 100ml chubby gorilla bottles for $29 .. this is what I am currently vaping - Fresh Fruit

My favorite juice of all time is Kilo - fruit whip! Do you have access to it? Sorry to be off topic in your thread!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
What if it wasn't labeled as ejuice? I'm sure putting scented bath oils would work just fine also what kind of pricing for a 10ml? Are USA brands available or popular in stores or throughout the EU?

For example I can get a 60ml bottle in 0/3/6/12 nic (generally speaking) for $20 shipped or in a store. Popular right now are 100ml chubby gorilla bottles for $29 .. this is what I am currently vaping - Fresh Fruit

My favorite juice of all time is Kilo - fruit whip! Do you have access to it? Sorry to be off topic in your thread!
Welcome to the EU! :facepalm: Shipping is an extra 3€ to 15€.
Max bottle size = 10ml
Max nicotine strength = 18mg/ml
Max tank size = 2ml

One Hit Wonder Mini Muffin Man - Strawberry Muffins - Ready To Vape - 0-3-6 mg - 10ml
Price: 6.59 €
one-hit-eliquid-mini-muffin-man-300x300.jpg

One Hit Wonder Mini Muffin Man - Strawberry Muffins - Ready To Vape - 0-3-6 mg - 10ml

cheers
I

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
  • Deleted by retired1

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium

Don't worry about being off-topic - it was me that changed the topic! :D

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Welcome to the EU! :facepalm: Shipping is an extra 3€ to 15€.
Max bottle size = 10ml
Max nicotine strength = 18mg/ml
Max tank size = 2ml

Price: 6.59 €
View attachment 675053

cheers
I
The regulations are there to make sure you go back to smoking after
1) running out of e juice
2) not being able to get any more
3) not having enough money to vape
4) getting dry hits and burnt coils due to your tank being consistently empty.

Belgium likes to add to this by
5) not being allowed to buy anything online
6) Making it harder for new liquids to find their way here
7) not allowed to try out stuff
8) drippers not allowed
9) liquids have to be in a 10ml bottle that is packed inside a box with a booklet (yay, environment!)
10) registration for every liquid (€165 a type - I think it was something like €15000 before, but the court ruled that out as discrimination)

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
That is crazy! I'll relabel some American juice and send it to you!
Hah, that's mighty nice of you friend! Luckily, thanks to this thread I already got my solution. I ordered the Pink Mule half liter of 30/70 6mg base and got it just fine, now I bought some Heisenberg (to see what all the fuss was about) and some other flavors and I actually do like the Heisenberg. I've got all the juice I need for the moment!

Evan1

Jul 28, 2017
Hm well I don't doubt they your juice tastes bad since you are telling me it doesnt, but after mixing many many flavors and recipes together over the years I still haven't been able to replicate the quality of "premium" brand name e juice. I guess the best way to compare it would be like brewing your own beer or making your own dinner, sure the beer or food may be great but generally not as good as a cold one off the tap at a pub or a expensive dinner with your wife what is your current mod set up if you don't mind me asking? The offer to send a 60ml is up to you my friend!

Digress

Jul 13, 2017
Kortrijk, Belgium
Hm well I don't doubt they your juice tastes bad since you are telling me it doesnt, but after mixing many many flavors and recipes together over the years I still haven't been able to replicate the quality of "premium" brand name e juice. I guess the best way to compare it would be like brewing your own beer or making your own dinner, sure the beer or food may be great but generally not as good as a cold one off the tap at a pub or a expensive dinner with your wife what is your current mod set up if you don't mind me asking? The offer to send a 60ml is up to you my friend!
Don't get me wrong, the Heisenberg won't become my go to flavor (aniseed is nice, but it becomes old fast, and it's a little too high on the acidity), I'd just like to try some stuff out and get new stuff as I get better at it. I'm going to get a balance and some dripper bottles.

Of course I can't say no to someone sending me free liquid, but I just don't want someone to basically have to send me their liquid and then pay for shipping as well. I'll feel guilty for complaining on forums while I really can't complain in a general sense. I'm very grateful for this community and the help I've already received, I can't possibly be a greater burden on you all than what I already am!

As far as my own juice, I can't really call the Heisenberg my own as its just pre-built flavor I pour together with my base. I will try to make some of my own once I come back from holiday though. I'll let you know how it goes!

Reactions: Opinionated

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I still haven't been able to replicate the quality of "premium" brand name e juice. I guess the best way to compare it would be like brewing your own beer or making your own dinner, sure the beer or food may be great but generally not as good as a cold one off the tap at a pub or a expensive dinner with your wife

Actually, when I put myself out the dishes I cook are generally quite a bit better than what you'd get in all but the best restaurants (I made demi-glace at home, once, and I will never do _that_ again, so I suppose I can't compete with a kitchen that does that on the regular- how many restaurants in the US still do so?)

As a young man I worked in the kitchens of some well-regarded restaurants. Nothing against their chefs, but when you're cooking >100 dinners a night from a varied menu you will necessarily cut some corners. Your risotto, for instance, will be this sort of soupy thing that starts with parboiled rice and is done in <10 minutes.

_My_ risotto starts with dry rice (usually Arborio, but there are better Risotto rices that are hard to get in the States,) tossed in hot fat and then carefully tended for 45 minutes, a small amount of stock (kept at a simmer on another burner) added as needed. Risotto is one of the great dishes, but you'd never know it from what they serve in even very good restaurants.

A commercial kitchen's pasta will be thinned by passing it through the rollers of a pasta machine. This means that the dough must have a fair bit of "hard" flour in it. Otherwise it would just stick to everything. That pasta is probably going to be OK, but...

_My_ pasta is made by putting some unbleached all-purpose flour (again, the Italian doppio might be better, but it's expensive and hard to get here, and all-purpose is an OK sub for it) on a board and cracking an egg or two into it. I slowly work the egg into the flour, and then thin it into sheets with a pastry pin- I don't use much pressure to thin it, but rather pull it laterally across the pin until it is of a uniform thickness, as the wives of Emilia-Romagna used to. Then I roll it up and cut it into tagliatelle with a knife.

It takes well over an hour to make a pound or two of pasta this way, even if you're good at it, but at the end you are rewarded with a pasta with a texture very different from pastas made with hard flours, a pasta that _cannot_ be made with a machine.

I serve that tagliatelle with a rich Bolognese simmered in a Dutch Oven for at least 5 hours, until the last trace of moisture has left. I'd be very surprised to learn that any restaurant in North America serves a Bolognese remotely as good as mine, because there's no way a restaurant kitchen could afford to put as much work into it as I'm willing to, once or twice a year, on a Sunday.

You can get all of the ingredients the commercial juice guys use with the click of a mouse. If you like their juice better than you like what you mix it just means you haven't learned to mix as they do. Honestly, if you prefer commercial juice my guess is that you're missing the sweetener. Try using a couple of complementary fruits and a lot of sucralose.

RegyB

Aug 2, 2017
Hi all, I'm in UK and make DIY juice. After I ran out of my pre regulation nicotine I struggled to get 72mg. I've tried a couple of sources now by ordering smaller bottles to test the delivery.
I'd recommend Bluestar-eliquid, I got 72mg/100ml bottle with beaker and syringes delivered in less than 10 days with no problems.

I'd also say that most companies will still sell you higher strength nic with ease (I used a made up business name when registering). DarkStar Vapour for example. 72mg/1L for £34

Hope this helps someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread