Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That it is. I'm afraid of what we are going to see. If it went on indefinitely, I wouldn't be too unhappy, but I know it will be coming soon. May as well get it over with.

Yeah... I'm with you. I also think that the Longer this goes on at the Federal Level, the more Madness we will see on the State Level.

Not that the FDA doing something will stop All Madness by state legislators. Far from it. But I think some of what we are seeing is because States are kinda Blowing in the Wind when it comes to Federal Guidance.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I would guess this article is based on more speculation. I don't think the authors know anymore about the final rule status than anyone else does so to say within the next month is just a guess. Should just add "within the next month" to jman's deeming date guess thread.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Forbes article

Congress, Save E-Cigarettes From The FDA

Of interest is this

It looks like only Congress can fix this problem. On Wednesday, the House Appropriations Committee’s agriculture subcommittee is set to consider the fiscal 2017 agriculture appropriations bill, which gives the FDA its spending authority. The subcommittee will consider a provision requiring FDA to change the February 15, 2007 date to the date on which the FDA’s final rule takes effect, probably later this year. Products on the market then, and new products substantially equivalent to them, wouldn’t have to file pre-market review applications.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I would guess this article is based on more speculation. I don't think the authors know anymore about the final rule status than anyone else does so to say within the next month is just a guess. Should just add "within the next month" to jman's deeming date guess thread.
The article is the result of ANTZ attempting to pressure the OMB and FDA (to save the anti-nicotine industry), and a lazy and/or corrupt reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread