Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You could be a machine if you can tell. Good on ya. So, you're in Ontario?

It's 99% marketing, and I doubt it will ever outperform the DNA200 version. I've got both and RX and the dna version. Here's my personal views.

RX version - Great mod, much smaller screen, much easier interface to use when it's in your hand.
dna version - Smoother vape at higher wattages. Ability to change items such as ramp up, speed, etc. so you can fine tune your settings. Better for TC, and with eScribe you can see and tune what you're getting. Ability to change wattage increment. All in all, a much more refined mod. Much larger screen and the ability to show the information you want to see.

Cheap wiring and shoddy 510 connections for both.
Is the dna worth the extra $100, nope, and if it broke, I'd replace with another RX. Still do not regret the purchase.
If it broke....

How much is a replacement board?

Tapatyped

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
You could be a machine if you can tell. Good on ya. So, you're in Ontario?

Heh, thanks. My senses have fully returned to me after several weeks without cigs. I sometimes experience tinnitus, but that's due to the indiscretions of my youth, not smoking/vaping.

I'm not in Ontario, I'm just a little south of there, in AZ.

You're right that the DNA200 is more accurate in several regards, and I'll probably get one at some point, but in a different device, like the Lavabox. In the meantime, the RX200 continues to impress me, especially for $40. I do hope that Wismec continues to work on the TC presets, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShamrockPat
Heh, thanks. My senses have fully returned to me after several weeks without cigs. I sometimes experience tinnitus, but that's due to the indiscretions of my youth, not smoking/vaping.

I'm not in Ontario, I'm just a little south of there, in AZ.

You're right that the DNA200 is more accurate in several regards, and I'll probably get one at some point, but in a different device, like the Lavabox. In the meantime, the RX200 continues to impress me, especially for $40. I do hope that Wismec continues to work on the TC presets, though.

I own 2 RX200, that I actually changed the front and backs on both. So one is White and Black "my Storm Trooper" and the other is Black & Teal. Of course I own a DNA 200 also. The DNA 200 is a great device, but I can't stress it enough "ONLY FOR ADVANCED VAPORS!!!" It does not come preset to use Stainless or Titanium on temp control. Those values must be programmed in using eScribe. I did a lot of research and a lot of playing to get values that I can use any wire configuration on my DNA 200.

That said, the RX200 is a great device for noobs and all the way to advanced vapors. Personally I use LG 3000 "brown wrapped" and Samsung 2500 "I have both blue & green wrapped, both preform the same" batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    859.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    775.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I own 2 RX200, that I actually changed the front and backs on both. So one is White and Black "my Storm Trooper" and the other is Black & Teal. Of course I own a DNA 200 also. The DNA 200 is a great device, but I can't stress it enough "ONLY FOR ADVANCED VAPORS!!!" It does not come preset to use Stainless or Titanium on temp control. Those values must be programmed in using eScribe. I did a lot of research and a lot of playing to get values that I can use any wire configuration on my DNA 200.

That said, the RX200 is a great device for noobs and all the way to advanced vapors. Personally I use LG 3000 "brown wrapped" and Samsung 2500 "I have both blue & green wrapped, both preform the same" batteries.

The pics look great! I've considered doing something similar if I were to buy a 2nd RX200, but mine would end up black/teal and white/red.

Oh, and thanks for the caution regarding the DNA200, but no worries. If when I get a device with that board, I'm looking forward to playing with Escribe. ;)

Last edited:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Last edited:
The pics look great! I've considered doing something similar if I were to buy a 2nd RX200, but mine would end up black/teal and white/red.

Oh, and thanks for the caution regarding the DNA200, but no worries. If when I get a device with that board, I'm looking forward to playing with Escribe. ;)

Thanks, yeah the red wasn't out at the time. You'll enjoy it.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Speaking of Wismec I did pre-order 3 Theorem Atomizers & 10 NotchCoil 5 packs. Also pre-ordered the Griffen 25mm RTA with top airflow. I'll have to start a new thread when they come in. Yes I have a vape problem.. LMAO!!

Problem? Those sound like vape solutions to me! ;)

Reactions: computerjohn

tena64

Dec 1, 2014
katy tx
Yes, the RX200 defaults after the update. No worries, it will switch to Fahrenheit once you keep on scrolling and max out the Celsius setting.
not on mine the fahrenheit disappeared when i max out the celsius settings , it returns to the low celsius settings,
i emailed rx200 website , see what they say?

Try to either go up and when it maximizes keep holding the button down. If it doesn't, then try going down with the temp. If it still doesn't when it's maximum or minimum let go of the button for a brief moment and press the same button again. This worked for me on my other RX200. What is the hardware version? Also keep in mind, you can always go back to software 3.0

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

tena64

Dec 1, 2014
katy tx
Try to either go up and when it maximizes keep holding the button down. If it doesn't, then try going down with the temp. If it still doesn't when it's maximum or minimum let go of the button for a brief moment and press the same button again. This worked for me on my other RX200. What is the hardware version? Also keep in mind, you can always go back to software 3.0

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
yah holding the plus button down brought the fahrenheit back!

Reactions: computerjohn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread