Welp, the RX200 does 250W now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just because I can doesn't mean I should". Plus ya gotta stop chasin' your tail sooner or later.

Very true. I've done 150 watts, just to try it. About a 1sec inhale and it was VERY warm/hot vape. Not enjoyable what so ever.

I mostly do temp control 70 watts at 530F using Ni200 .15 ohm. I'll often tweak the resistance to .19 ohm, but then change my settings to 60 watts at 400F. Using my Wismec DNA200.

Reactions: 7sixtwo

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
AH!!!! Please don't use the term Kid and vaping in the same content "ever"!!! These devices are for 18 and over which are adults "oh course that depends on state to state".

Yes I have see shop employees that have no business helping people. Considering they have zero clue!!!! I got started from a friend of mine who vapes. For the most part those of us that have stayed with vaping, were shown property or were pointed in the right direction.

If you were trying to quit a 30 yr addiction, about how old might you be ?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    If you were trying to quit a 30 yr addiction, about how old might you be ?

Hell, I smoked for almost 60 years, a 30 year smoker is still just a "kid". ;)

Still vapin' @ 8 watts ... not 80
    s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: BillW50

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    Someone is going to blow their face off. I agree a lot of Noobs are just excited that the mod can go that high and anxious to tame the Dragon without doing the research. I upgraded mine and I have never gone over 110 watts and probably won't. Most of the time I'm good at 70-80 watts. :)

You will put your eye out kid:shock:
    View attachment 547092
    Shortly after installing the update my RX200 started overheating. It was still under Vendor's Warranty and they sent me a new device. I don't ever really plan on using it over 90 watts, so I'm not updating this one. I don't know if it was the update that killed my previous device or not but I'm not taking chances and maybe I will get the RX200S at some point.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Shortly after installing the update my RX200 started overheating. It was still under Vendor's Warranty and they sent me a new device. I don't ever really plan on using it over 90 watts, so I'm not updating this one. I don't know if it was the update that killed my previous device or not but I'm not taking chances and maybe I will get the RX200S at some point.
    It started to overheat while using it, or just when it sits? There has been reports of both. Also you are talking about the v3.1 update, right? What are you running now? 3.0? And what is your hardware version, v1.04?

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    It started to overheat while using it, or just when it sits? There has been reports of both. Also you are talking about the v3.1 update, right? What are you running now? 3.0? And what is your hardware version, v1.04?
    It started overheating while using it and then when it sit unused for a while and would pick it up to use, take a couple of vapes and get device too hot message. Then it wouldn't work for a few hours and when I picked it up again it did the same thing. New device is 3.0 V1.04 I believe.

Reactions: BillW50

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    Will this 250w update work on the rx200s?

I don't think so. The firmware versions are downloaded directly from Wismec's website, and here's the link for the 200S: Reuleaux RX200S - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Note the lack of firmware downloads, which are present for every mod they're available for.

Also, max output of 200W is in the product description, with no mention of any current way to increase that.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
    Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    What it's capable
    79006885194fba7d8d90e69a4c0aed51.jpg

Notice it only goes that high since my batteries are not full, and could give only 9 V max. At full charge, it goes all the way up to 250 watts
    But, in reality, this is as high as I go
    2d4c3ce4df436420d9a71f402b6d1713.jpg

So I'm giving thumbs up for kangertech for this added safety measure. If your batteries can't handle 250, then it won't let you turn up that high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Does the rx200 as well as other regulated mods limit how high you can set the voltage so you can't set it to a dangerous wattage?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread