Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hi Fellow Vapers,

I saw this on a vaping site and wondered what they were talking about-------------

-Due to the method of wrapping (4 coils folded to give you 8 "wicks") it produces great vapor and liquid coverage.

This description was attached to this atomizer------there is enough room for 1 coil here and not 4 ???
dripperSmall.JPG

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I actually thought the translation from chinese was incorrect in saying coils when it should have said wraps but that can't be right either. A 4 wrap coil with almost any wire would be too low to fire safely. The key word must be folded, but I don't understand that even if the strands were folded on to themselves. I have mini drippers that I use to sample juices as they only hold enough for 3-4 hits and then they're dry.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi Fellow Vapers,

I saw this on a vaping site and wondered what they were talking about-------------

-Due to the method of wrapping (4 coils folded to give you 8 "wicks") it produces great vapor and liquid coverage.

This description was attached to this atomizer------there is enough room for 1 coil here and not 4

I suspect they're talking about the wick, but it really doesn't matter. Ignore it. When people talk about a coil they are reffering to the wire wrapped around something. In smacuser's picture, there are two coil/wick assemblies. If you count the wire wraps around the wicks, you'll see 7 wires on the left side and 6 on the right. It's easiest to count the wraps on the assembly on the left assembly. You could call this a 7 wrap coil or a 7/6 wrap coil.

Dual coil builds look like this.

I have one of those drippers and there is plenty of room for a single coil build in it. You can't make the coil too big, but it's not a problem.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Maybe they meant to say 4 wicks folded to give you 8 that sounds like it----thx
Yep.
That's it exactly.
They were calling the loops of wick "coils" in that context.
It's the squid wick style with silica.
Very old school.
Rayon would work way better in that little dripper.
Drill the air hole, single coil .6 ish build, flavor heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread