What are you ordering from other vendors that I do not carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
Note: because my writing style sucks and I have trouble conveying tone, please know nothing I say is negative or personal toward you :)

Glad you wrote that preface, because the rest did come off as a bit hostile and defensive, especially for a thread in which you asked for suggestions on what people are ordering from other vendors that you don't carry.

Let me just clarify your comment a bit, the Vision is also incompatible with anything else. If you are going to say "anything else" which implies the DV is off on it's own, then that should also apply to Vision as well. :)

I believe the Vision Mini Vivi Nova coils are compatible with the Vision Vivi Nova. Both appear to be quite popular and are available from dozens of retailers. As far as I can tell, the DV Mini Nova and coils are available from only one retailer, you. I don't expect a product to go forever without being orphaned, but having a sizable base of users and retailers can make a real difference in how quickly it happens.

In the case of the Mini, the Vision Nova mini is very nice, however, I have had numerous reports that the DV Mini tastes better out of the box and have had no consistent reports on poor quality

I didn't criticize the DV Mini, in fact I said it was good. I thought the flavor was good out of the box, comparable to a T2 and slightly worse than an E1-V. The DV Mini, however, has continued to improve in flavor with use, while the E1-V has worsened and the T2 stayed the same, to the point that now the DV Mini is my favorite for flavor. The DV Mini does consume juice faster than any other clearo I have used, which probably has something to do with its good flavor. The better flavor is worth the higher juice consumption to me.

The new Mini's (I have not ordered yet) have coil heads that extend past the tank top making it easier to remove the coil as you do not have to take the tank apart. This is a great improvement.

That does sound like a good feature. It certainly is on the T2. Make sure you put that feature in the description when you get them and I will order one from you to try.

Also, it has always been my mission to offer lower prices and I think I have succeeded for the most part

I agree. Well done, sir!

and carrying other manufacturers items allows me to significantly lower the price.

...but it would be nice to have modestly lower prices from you on the most popular big name products in addition to rock bottom prices on knock off products. I thought that was the reason why you started this thread.

Carrying DV brand mini's has lopped at least 5 dollars off the original price.

I don't know about the "original price", but right now the Vision Mini is available with 3 coils for under $8 from a well known Chinese retailer and with 1 coil for under $9 from a well known US retailer. So more like $2-3, less if you attribute some value to the spare coils. All other things being equal, that's in the range of the premium I would pay for a Vision Mini for the added benefits of 7 color choices for the translucent tanks, 2 additional resistance choices (3.2 and 4.0 ohms) for the coils and the potential benefit of replacement coils being more widely available for a longer time.

If you want to try the Vision [Mini] Vivi Nova I suggest you get it at another vendor

Done.

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I saw that just after I posted.

I can confirm that both Vision versions use the same head, as long as you're talking about the Vision Vivi Nova 2.5 or higher.

That's great. I love the Ming style tips and I like color coding stuff with different juices. Matching the nova metal tubes would be nice, but not strictly necessary as I use the clear ones most of the time, but use the metal for "problem" juices.

I am pretty sure I know where to get the colors so it shouldn't be an issue and it would be nice to have other mings :)

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Glad you wrote that preface, because the rest did come off as a bit hostile and defensive, especially for a thread in which you asked for suggestions on what people are ordering from other vendors that you don't carry.

That's why I wrote it, my writing style sucks.. :(
But my response was explanatory, not hostile or defensive, at least in intent.

it's hard to convey my stance on things because it does not always coincide with my best interests (business wise) and I am pretty honest, sometimes too honest. If that rubs some the wrong way there is nothing I can do about it. I try to be as honest as possible and apologize for my writing style. I have a limited amount of time to read 100 emails a day and process orders, in addition I deal with hostile people on a daily basis and these who outright try to cheat me. Occasionally this causes me to delay responses and sometimes even write them poorly worded, it's the curse of stress and not having enough time to think I guess.

also, in my mind asking for suggestions does not preclude me from making comments, even if they are taken negatively, as long as they are truthful. I am not going to placate someone if it means any ambiguity in what I am saying. I don't go out of my way to be negative that's for sure. That's the last thing I want. If I said, ok, sure I'll try to get those, it would have been a lie. If I didn't tell you what I thought about the situation again, as bad as a lie (in my mind)

I am fully aware that I lack tact :)

I believe the Vision Mini Vivi Nova coils are compatible with the Vision Vivi Nova. Both appear to be quite popular and are available from dozens of retailers.

That maybe so but between the items themselves some are, some are not, there's the rub. (BTW that would be nice if they were compatible because I do sell Vision Nova heads :))

But if you have a Nova 2.5, then all heads after (so far) are compatible, if you have an earlier version, you are out of luck as they aren't made anymore and they are not interchangeable. Also Vision came out with different versions within months (weeks) of each other leaving original purchasers wanting, exactly what you are talking about. Vision isn't immune to making new versions completely different from previous. (in a weird sense, you could think of the DV Mini in this context.. kinda)

I cannot afford to carry different versions I am not madvapes size, not even close, I am already stretched way too thin. so I do the best I can and offer as much as I can.

As far as I can tell, the DV Mini Nova and coils are available from only one retailer, you. I don't expect a product to go forever without being orphaned, but having a sizable base of users and retailers can make a real difference in how quickly it happens.

This is incorrect, but it's not my place to say who carries what from who. I am one of the few who will tell you exactly what a product is, or isn't. (yes, tooting my own horn :)) But there are others who carry the same mini I have because I bought one or two to test them when I was trying to figure out what "version" I was sent :)

...but it would be nice to have modestly lower prices from you on the most popular big name products in addition to rock bottom prices on off brand products.

Not sure what to tell you here, I do carry popular big name products at lower prices, that's my gig :) (giggety)

The DV "brand" is very small in scope, so far just the Mini's and some CE4/CE5's and I do carry the Vision in the CE4+ and the Vision Vivi Nova, you are focusing on one item, the Vision Mini Vivi Nova, I assure you most everything I carry is from OEM manufacturers. I have Vision CE4+. Vision 2.0, Vision Tox, Vision V6 and other items, the only one I do not carry is the Vision Mini. That is due to an issue we (max and I) had communicating, during that time I wanted to get the Mini but was unable to, so purchased it from another manufacturer. I found out after receipt that the heads were different so I either ate it, or sold it as it. I take a loss on enough "wrong" products so decided to put it out there and it has done exceedingly well.

I know a lot of people are under the impression that I have unlimited resources to invest but honestly I do not. I still do this all part time after a full time day job and keeping it all straight is quite the challenge so when a situation presents itself I need to take the course of least resistance (haha pun intended).

The reason I even have another manufacturers version is an issue I ran into with Vision, he doesn't like the way I speak openly on my forums, I have paid for that openness with a bit of hostility, as it stands I get limited items. The Chinese are different, they consider any criticism as a personal attack, while we freely insult each other and then go have a beer.

Lesson learned but my openness will not change, regardless of outcome.

.. and that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Perhaps I should have prefaced... originally

An exaggeration is a lie, and I do not lie. I am not going to try to toot my own horn but when I lower the price on things, others follow, is that a coincidence?, probably, but then again maybe not. The original price of the Mini Vivi was 5.00 (at least) more than what was being charged when it first came to my store. Now there are sets with heads and the pricing is all over the place.

The Vision Mini is available as a boxed set with 3 coils for under $8 from a well known Chinese retailer and with 1 coil for under $9 from a well known US retailer.

This is incorrect, at least the first part, it's MUCH cheaper (wholesale). Also, there is only one valid seller of Vision and that is Max, from Vision. I get Max's price lists. Everyone else is a knockoff or a reseller (which I don't think he does much of) and no one in their right mind would sell an item that wholesales for 8.00 and sell it for 9.00 (even considering holding back two heads). Every single product you buy is marked up at least 100% Two years ago when I started Go-goUSA that figure was 200-300%

things are getting better at least.

as I said this isn't meant to be hostile whether you take it that way or not, my writing style is poor, can't be helped, I says what I feels and all that. I try to be as honest as possible and I am finding out more and more that it's probably not the way to go if I want to make everyone happy, but that's just me.

There was no disrespect or any hostility in anything I said to you, or in general, I am just trying to be as honest as possible.

One of these days I will figure out how to write properly :laugh:

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
I'm going to drop the whole Vision Mini Vivi Nova business, since I already ordered some elsewhere and you clearly aren't interested in carrying them whether they are popular or not. Geez, almost sounds like Max kicked your dog or something!

Continuing in the spirit of your original question:

I would like to know what I may be missing out on, or better put, what I am forcing you to buy from other vendors that I might be able to provide at a cheaper price.

1. 650 mAh Hello Twists in red, blue, purple and perhaps other colors (not pink). In my opinion, your Hello Twist is superior to the Joyetech Twist (plus less expensive), but I also ordered some of the Joyetechs elsewhere because they came in quite attractive red, blue and purple finishes. 650 mAh only for me, the larger capacities are too bulky. The shorter length is the main advantage of the Hello Twist.

2. As someone else mentioned, swirly Ming vase drip tips in assorted colors. Any chance of getting the Cherry Vapes version and discounting them a bit instead of, or in addition to, the cheaper versions?

3. FYI, another US retailer has undercut you on price and color selection on the Kanger T2s enough to get my recent orders for those.

4. T2 replacement tips in assorted colors (the more the better) in plastic, not metal. You are the first retailer I have seen with colored T2 tips, but they are metal, which I dislike enough to be unwilling to order. I haven't seen colored plastic T2 tips anywhere yet, but if and when I do I'm ordering a bunch.

5. I have been eying the Zmax, depending on how user feedback is after it has been out there for a month or two.

Last edited:

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
So you (and everyone else) knows where I am coming from on deciding what products to sell, here's my view:

I understand your concern for the DV coil not being compatible with the Vision, but it goes the other way also. At my last count there are 6 manufacturers making their own version of the Mini, many, if not all, are using different heads, (oddly enough just a few months ago they all seemed to be using the same head....) This is the nature of Chinese manufacturing. There are no standards, there are no direct copies. They take what they have, or what they can get, and copy design. I struggle EVERY SINGLE DAY with the compatibility issue, every decision I make now seems to be fraught with potential incompatibility as they change between one piece or another constantly. Carrying Vision Minis does not guaranty any part consistency either.

I received a catalog of new standard Nova's and mini's from the manufacturer who I get the DV's from and the versions are up to 8 & 10 respectively, Vision is still at 2.5 (maybe 3.0) I believe and as mentioned, they are no stranger to changing their heads or overall design either.

In the case of the Mini, the Vision Nova mini is very nice, however, I have had numerous reports that the DV Mini tastes better out of the box and have had no consistent reports on poor quality, other than the standard issues (some do not fire, an oring is misaligned etc, like every product line) . It's similar with my off brand of standard Nova's, so I will continue to carry them, but I will not sit stagnant with one product, these are evolving. The new Mini's (I have not ordered yet) have coil heads that extend past the tank top making it easier to remove the coil as you do not have to take the tank apart. This is a great improvement.

I respect that you have to look out for the best interests of your business, and I understand your perspective on carying product.

Here's my perspective as a consumer and a relatively new vaper (been going almost 5 months now). I'm relatively lucky, I've found a set of products that suit my needs relatively well rather early in my vaping experience. I use a YJ Lavatube as a primary PV, and use Ego Twists as secondary/backups. I use a 306 atty for dripping and juice testing purposes. I use Vision Vivi Novas and Vision Mini Novas for 99% of my every day vaping. I'm alway on the lookout for something better, either something with outright better performance, or something that suits my vaping style better.

I have been burned buying knockoff products before. I bought some Ego C type B clone stuff that was horrible, and I didn't even know it until I decided to buy genuine Joyetech heads and tanks. So I'm a bit reluctant to puchase clone stuff when the original is very affordable to begin with. A few bucks extra for something like the mini novas and a buck or so more per head for the Vision brand doesn't phase me in the least. If you're offering a 25 dollar knockoff of a $150 device, that's a totally different story for me. I might very well give that a try.

I'm looking for a vendor that I can make most of my hardware puchases from. Sure, I can find 10 vendors all selling a few of the things I want, but that means placing lots of little orders and incurring effectively higher shipping costs. I'd rather make one purchase once or twice a month for my consumables and a couple of new things to try out.

I appreciate that your DV mini novas might be great, but there's only one source for them that I know of. You. And you're a one man shop. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and I'm not knocking you for it at all, but that means that there's no redundant source of supply. If for whatever reason, DV goes away tomorrow, I have no place to get repacement supplies from. With Vision, I can get them from any number of Vision retailers. As such, I will not be purchasing any DV brand items that have no known secondary source of supply. With products like the wyvern and griffon, this isn't an issue as I can get wick materials and resistance wire anywhere.

That's my perspective, and I imagine that there's a part of the vaping community that feels similar to me on several of these issues.

I'm not criticising your approach as a vendor, just offering my perspective as a consumer.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Tank filling tools :) I haven't ordered one, I won't buy one until I'm making an order and can add it to pay one shipping fee.

hiya hippieben, did you see the new tank filling tool that got listed within the last couple of days?
This little guy right here: Stainless Steel DCT Refilling Tool if you meant something else, sorry! :)

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Geez, almost sounds like Max kicked your dog or something!

If I didn't think I'd need to order Vision again, I'd tell you the story.

1. 650 mAh Hello Twists in red, blue, purple and perhaps other colors (not pink). In my opinion, your Hello Twist is superior to the Joyetech Twist (plus less expensive), but I also ordered some of the Joyetechs elsewhere because they came in quite attractive red, blue and purple finishes. 650 mAh only for me, the larger capacities are too bulky. The shorter length is the main advantage of the Hello Twist.

Yea, I know, I should have all the colors and I will get them soon. They are nice, I hesitated getting all the colors because the first run had about a 7-8% failure rate which is way too high, it's not the failure itself, it's how it affects how people perceive my business, a lot of folks do not separate a business from the Chinese manufacturer, so I kinda paused on it. Probably shouldn't have.

2. As someone else mentioned, swirly Ming vase drip tips in assorted colors. Any chance of getting the Cherry Vapes version and discounting them a bit instead of, or in addition to, the cheaper versions?

I agree with the mings, I have the jade one coming in along with the glows, but I should have more colors.
For Cherry Vapes I was under the impression they are exclusive? No?

3. FYI, another US retailer has undercut you on price and color selection on the Kanger T2s enough to get my recent orders for those.

all I can say about that is be careful. I have three catalogs with T2's in them and I asked Sunny at Kanger about them, they are not resellers of Kanger. I am not saying in any way that what you purchased are knockoffs at the other vendor, just that there are knockoffs.

Regardless of what's going on with the mini, I will not buy a knockoff if I am not forced to. Kanger has been great to me and I respect them a lot, they put a lot of effort into helping me and taking care of any issues. I actually have no problem with knockoffs at all, some are better than the originals but in Kangers case, they are a company I want to support as much as possible. That said, I do price match if asked.

HelloSmoke (twists) and Esco (apollos) have also been great to work with, it's starting to get easier to see what manufacturers I should be supporting, that's a good thing.

4. T2 replacement tips in assorted colors (the more the better) in plastic, not metal. You are the first retailer I have seen with colored T2 tips, but they are metal, which I dislike enough to be unwilling to order. I haven't seen colored plastic T2 tips anywhere yet, but if and when I do I'm ordering a bunch.

I haven't seen those yet :(, probably would get them because they'd be really cheap for everyone, the reason I bought the colors in metal was due to the originals cracking easy at the tip, I figured the metal would be better for this, I personally crack all of mine within a day or so, I am hard chomper.

5. I have been eying the Zmax, depending on how user feedback is after it has been out there for a month or two.

i LOVE mine, truly, but with the issues with the VMaz, I also hesitate, so far so good no issues but still I want to wait before I buy them in bulk.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Oh! I spied with my lil eye Vision mini ego spinners!! Can we get summa these, pa?:2cool:

Mini's? That sounds cool, but how low is the mah? if it's a spinner and goes up to 4.8 I would imagine a 350 or 400 mini wouldn't last very long. is that not a drawback?

It does sound cool though LOL I'll get them if I can.

WA3PNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Chino Valley, AZ
www.rodeogeorge.com
all I can say about that is be careful. I have three catalogs with T2's in them and I asked Sunny at Kanger about them, they are not resellers of Kanger. I am not saying in any way that what you purchased are knockoffs at the other vendor, just that there are knockoffs.

The genuine Kanger products are quality, and we know that. Glad you are not going to gamble on something that is not genuine Kanger. The T2s are still tied with the DV CE5 for my personal preference, as you can tell by my cleaning out your supply of 2.4 ohm innards when I saw it getting low.

I haven't seen those yet :(, probably would get them because they'd be really cheap for everyone, the reason I bought the colors in metal was due to the originals cracking easy at the tip, I figured the metal would be better for this, I personally crack all of mine within a day or so, I am hard chomper.

While I'm a chain vaper, I'm not a chomper. I've yet to crack a T2 tip, and I've got a lot of hours on the ones I'm using. The Metal tips look cool, and I'll probably add a few in my next order, as having the tip match the colored tube will be cool.

RodeoGeorge

VapDrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Ecuador
Well...time for my :2c:

As you Guys can see I live pretty much far away so that I need One Supplier that can fullfill my vaping needs.

Eric is the Man!!!

I'm a Happy vaper since I found DV... 2 months smokeless and counting...
I have great variety and an amazing customer service: I mean Eric really goes far out of his way for his customers!
So this goes for you Eric :toast:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
While I'm a chain vaper, I'm not a chomper. I've yet to crack a T2 tip, and I've got a lot of hours on the ones I'm using. The Metal tips look cool, and I'll probably add a few in my next order, as having the tip match the colored tube will be cool.

RodeoGeorge

How I WISH I was not a chomper.. it's such a pain I ruin everything that isn't metal.

I already set up a line of color codes lol... clear T2's with each color tip and then a set of blues with each color.

wait.. I am now telling everyone how much I vape.... LOL

VapDrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Ecuador
BTW T2's are my favorites and beeing a chain vaper also I didn't manage to chew up a mouthpiece...

I think you are a bit overworked and stressed Eric, but in this case i won't suggest to you to take it easy and slow down... WE need our Vapemail Fast and Faster, so keep pushing :evil::D:D

Last edited:

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Mini's? That sounds cool, but how low is the mah? if it's a spinner and goes up to 4.8 I would imagine a 350 or 400 mini wouldn't last very long. is that not a drawback?

It does sound cool though LOL I'll get them if I can.

Well here's a link to what I found, it says the two smaller ones are 300 and 650 mah..so yeah, that might be a really short vape time---I've never chain vaped my 350's til the batteries die, not sure how long they actually last in that respect--obviously much less if they were vv lol. You are the wise-one, so I trust your judgement if you find them and do your detective work and think they might be a waste of money, for sure then skip 'em, I'd like to know what you think of them though!
Vision Spinner Ego Battery, Joye Ego Twist, Vision batteries (510/808D/Ego/IGo) - Vision High Technology

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Well here's a link to what I found, it says the two smaller ones are 300 and 650 mah..so yeah, that might be a really short vape time---I've never chain vaped my 350's til the batteries die, not sure how long they actually last in that respect--obviously much less if they were vv lol. You are the wise-one, so I trust your judgement if you find them and do your detective work and think they might be a waste of money, for sure then skip 'em, I'd like to know what you think of them though!
Vision Spinner Ego Battery, Joye Ego Twist, Vision batteries (510/808D/Ego/IGo) - Vision High Technology

300mah, wow that is low... not sure how that would work out for a VV, I am a bit hesitant on that one, it would be expensive for a tiny battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread