What Are You Steeping ? How are You Steeping ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I do the traditional 2 days caps and dripper tips off, shake them when I think about it. Caps and dripper tips back on and set aside for a couple of weeks. I also shake the little buggers whenever I think about them.

Seems I'm on a Dragon's Fire kick. That's the only thing I have steeping and about the only thing I've been vaping.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I do the traditional 2 days caps and dripper tips off, shake them when I think about it. Caps and dripper tips back on and set aside for a couple of weeks. I also shake the little buggers whenever I think about them.*

* (why be creative when the process is the same?)

Since I'm OFF the Dragons Fire kick, I don't have any of that steeping any more.

My stash as it stands:

HHV
Heavenly Tobacco - 4 months
Pirates Booty - 5 months
Heavenly Army - 5 months
Huntsman - 1 month

MOV
Apache - 5 months
Southern Gentleman - 5 months

NET.com
Balkan - 1.5 months
Yesteryear - 1.5 months
Fire cured Burley - 1.5 months

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I do the traditional 2 days caps and dripper tips off, shake them when I think about it. Caps and dripper tips back on and set aside for a couple of weeks. I also shake the little buggers whenever I think about them.*
I usually place them on my router/modem for the first two days with caps off, then into the desk drawer or vape station.

*I hear ya Dusty, why try to reinvent the wheel.

Now, onto what do I have steeping? Good question... :D
All of these are 30 ml or 50 ml bottles and most of the HHV NETs are doubled up Example: Huntsman 100 ml 8 month and 100 ml 4 month

From HHV I know I have:

Huntsman - some 8 months old, some 5 months
Dark Horse - again 8 months & 5 months
Sludge - same dates
Shadow - ditto
Cin City - ditto
Tuscan Cocoa - ditto

Then we have,
Dragon's Fire - 7 months and 4 months
Heavenly Army - 7 & 4
Huntsman Menthol - 7 & 4
Heavenly Army Menthol - 7 & 4

Note: The older bottles are low nic and have been mixed with the younger bottles of higher nic and have been steeping for about 2-3 months.

From NET.com:
Black Cherry - 1 months
Uncle BJ's BlackBerry Burley - 1 month
Big Spirit - 3 months
Black Cavendish - 3 months
Chris' Blend - 3 months
Borescoped's "BA" Mango Vanilla - 3 months
Bombay - 3 months
Coventry - 3 months
Balkan - 4 months
3-Crown - 4 months

Mt. Baker Vapor:
Bacon (hahaha yes, we have bacon!) - 6 months
Blu-Bacco - 6 months
Cherry Balsam Tobacco - 6 months

House Of Liquid:
El Toro Guevara Reserve - 6 months

Yup, I got a lot o' juice!!! Enough for a year at least... :blink:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I hope you're refrigerating some of those juices Chak !

Two days / nights caps/ drippers off. After replacing caps /drippers, shake when I remember. My Juices reside on top of my stereo stand, in a corner away from direct sunlight.
I try to give sweets and pastry flavors at least a full month.
I always try to steep any NET's for at least eight weeks. Seems to me NET's take longer.

Five Months; HHV Oompa
Two Months; AltCig Caramel Love. Also have smaller bottles (15ml) of Blueberry, Hopscotch and Waffles.
Three Weeks; HHV Shadow, Legend, Oompa, Dragon's Fire, Blade, Blueberry Muffin and Heavenly Tobacco. Also have smaller bottles of Huntsman, Heavenly Waffles, Mallow Mint, Monkey Wrench, Powder Keg and Trick or Treat.

I've read about Hot Water/ Cold Water but never tried. It seems to me one guy was using a Pottery Wheel, but to me a 'centerfuge' type operation separates liquids. There is no better mouse trap.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Anybody using an ultrasonic cleaner to speed things up? I finally bought one, but I've been playing with it for its intended uses so far. And by the time I got it, all my juices were already in their sweet spots - with no replacements on order yet.

I've vaguely heard of this. How does that work ? By 'ultrasonic' I am assuming it's a bombardment of either electrons or some sort of audio frequency ? Help this old trucker figure this one out, please....

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I hope you're refrigerating some of those juices Chak !

Two days / nights caps/ drippers off. After replacing caps /drippers, shake when I remember. My Juices reside on top of my stereo stand, in a corner away from direct sunlight.
I try to give sweets and pastry flavors at least a full month.
I always try to steep any NET's for at least eight weeks. Seems to me NET's take longer.

Five Months; HHV Oompa
Two Months; AltCig Caramel Love. Also have smaller bottles (15ml) of Blueberry, Hopscotch and Waffles.
Three Weeks; HHV Shadow, Legend, Oompa, Dragon's Fire, Blade, Blueberry Muffin and Heavenly Tobacco. Also have smaller bottles of Huntsman, Heavenly Waffles, Mallow Mint, Monkey Wrench, Powder Keg and Trick or Treat.

I've read about Hot Water/ Cold Water but never tried. It seems to me one guy was using a Pottery Wheel, but to me a 'centerfuge' type operation separates liquids. There is no better mouse trap.

I've been meaning to get some in the fridge, Papaw, just haven't gotten round to it yet - need to find (remember to buy) a container that's the right size.

I wouldn't use a Pottery Wheel either - that's produces exactly the opposite effect you want when steeping.

Bimini Twist, I think saw a couple people post on the sub-forum here that they had tried it, can't remember who it was, though, or whether it helped or not either.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I've vaguely heard of this. How does that work ? By 'ultrasonic' I am assuming it's a bombardment of either electrons or some sort of audio frequency ? Help this old trucker figure this one out, please....

Not sure where I read it here, possibly from a DIY section, but supposedly 1 hour in the cleaner equates to 1 week of steeping. I think I'll try it next time I get a large order of juices.

Oooooh. Electron bombardment sounds fun! Where did I put my Sonic Screwdriver?!

But this in more in the form of sound waves/vibrations. 42KHz for my model. It is used primarily to clean jewelry, tattoo gear, small auto parts, circuit boards, etc... The commercial machines can be quite large (EXPENSIVE), but I got one of the consumer grade versions at Amazon.com - KENDAL 170 WATT 2 LITER (0.53 Gallon) DIGITAL ULTRASONIC CLEANER with HEATER

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes Bimini, I have heard the same thing. I don't know if one hour = one week, but I have to believe ultrasonic would accelerate steeping. Steeping is nothing more than flavor molecules attaching themselves to each other so movement is very conducive for steeping. I mean, if we want to stand around all day and shake our juice it would probably be as good as ultrasonic. But I'd like to think I have better things to do with my life. :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Wow 4-5 months I been vaping HA and HT right out of mailbag and love them! I dont have funds to let anything steep longer then a month..

Nothing wrong with that if it works for you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
2 days. Once the caps go back on any juice is good to go. I'm sick of steeping and just Don't bother anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'm with you on the steeping. I can wait as long as I still have so to use. That may be a week or two. but if I need it I add some of the new to the old before I run out. Then it's not so big a change. :vapor:

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Patience never was a strong suit for you was it? :)
Oh I'm plenty patient as Dusty seemed to point out... I've let shadow sit for 10 months before vaping it BUT what's the point?
I'll buy 2-100 ML lets say.. One will be opened within 3 days of caps off and the other will have a month or 2 to steep BUT... in the end they taste the same..
Except when it came to asking that lovely lady of his to marry him. He sure took his time with that, didn't he?! :glare:
Truth be told, if I had the money to afford the ring, I would of proposed DAY 1!. It also took me months upon months to just decide on the ring to get.
We still have to figure out things down here but We will prolly be married before my insurance goes live. I'll be damned if she's gonna pay fines ..

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
First I remove caps and drippers, nuke in MW for 33 seconds, recap and Ultrasonic them for 4 hrs, put them in the aromatic oil warmer for 45 min, then place then under the titanium framed pyramid surrounded by neodynium magnets on a rotary disc at 1RPM for 45 min, Chant the Babalonian juice enhancement enchantment for 4 hrs, and finally, apply either massive doses of EMP from the primary coil of my Tesla coil or just put it on top of the coil and let 1.5 million volts run thru it....

Yea I know sounds like a lot of work, but it tastes good

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
^^^^ (I hope BK is joking ) ^^^^

10ml bottles of Highbrow Caramel, Caramel Cake, Chocolate Cake, Crème Brulee and Peach Thymbra, all with Extra Flavor. Also, HB Cigar (mild), French Pipe (mild) and Exotic Blend (+ Apple). I've been warned HB Tobaccos require a LONG steep.
Caps/ drippers off about an hour ago, will replace and begin shaking Saturday afternoon-ish.

EDIT; Saturday afternoon my NET.com order of Black Cherry, Black Cavendish and Chris' Blend has arrived. Caps/ Drippers returned to Highbrow bottles, followed by a brisk shaking. Caps/ Drippers off the NET bottles, though I'll be leaving tomorrow for three days so I'll probably re-cap earlier than normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread