What Are You Steeping ? How are You Steeping ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
^^^^ (I hope BK is joking ) ^^^^

10ml bottles of Highbrow Caramel, Caramel Cake, Chocolate Cake, Crème Brulee and Peach Thymbra, all with Extra Flavor. Also, HB Cigar (mild), French Pipe (mild) and Exotic Blend (+ Apple). I've been warned HB Tobaccos require a LONG steep.
Caps/ drippers off about an hour ago, will replace and begin shaking Saturday afternoon-ish.

EDIT; Saturday afternoon my NET.com order of Black Cherry, Black Cavendish and Chris' Blend has arrived. Caps/ Drippers returned to Highbrow bottles, followed by a brisk shaking. Caps/ Drippers off the NET bottles, though I'll be leaving tomorrow for three days so I'll probably re-cap earlier than normal.

maybe you should vape them a bit sooner that shaking thing scares me a tad, I get the shakes just thinking about opening the box they come in

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am sure veteran vapes are aware of this, so I am posting this for our newer Members.
An example of how I 'rotate stock' with my juices-
From Early September- still have about 30ml Altig sweets (Caramel Love, Blueberry, Waffle). In Vaping Rotation.
From Oct 27th- still have about 50ml HHV Tobaccos (Shadow, Legend, Oompa, HT, DF). In Vaping Rotation.
From Oct 27th- about 80ml HHV sweets- (Blueberry Muffin, Blade, Monkey Wrench, Trick or Treat, Heavenly Waffle, Powder Keg, Mallow Mint). In Vaping Rotation.
From Jan 2nd- 50ml Highbrow sweets- (Caramel, Caramel Cake, Chocolate Cake, Crème Brulee, Peach Thymbra). Two days caps/ drippers off and one week steeped. Will begin to work into rotation another 2- 3 weeks.
From Jan 2nd- 30ml of Highbrow Tobaccos- (Cigar, French Pipe, Exotic w/Apple). Two days caps/ drippers off and one week steeped. Our friend RJ was warned me that HB tobaccos need a Long Steep, so these selections are at the back of the shelf until April, or so.
From Jan 3rd- 90ml of NET.com (Black Cherry, Black Cavendish, Chris's Blend). Three days caps/ drippers off (was away from home) and three days steeped. Would prefer to steep at least a month, but will go into Vaping Rotation once current HHV is gone.
From Jan 9th- 250ml HHV Tobaccos- (Shadow, Legend, Oompa, HT, DF) Caps/ drippers off until later today. Will steep for tow months, or until NET.com supply runs out, which ever comes first.
If you look closely, you will notice I tend to spread my orders two months apart so that the incoming juices will steep as I vape the already steeped liquids. This is how I 'rotate stock' on my steeped juices, although I may have waited a month too long before placing the NET.com order.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Im Steeping about 75ml of Legend in a dark and unknown place... I forgot where I put it... but when I find it... it should be great :)

Oooh, out of sight, out of mind... Should ambrosia when you find it - "the food or drink of the Greek gods (or demigods), often depicted as conferring ageless immortality upon whoever consumed it. It was brought to the gods in Olympus by doves, so it may have been thought of in the Homeric tradition as a kind of divine exhalation of the Earth." (Thanks to Wikipedia for the Quote.)
:drool:

That last bit sounds pretty kewl...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Okay... been about 2 hours since I set up the Ultrasonic. I took my bottle of PB and placed about 15ml in a clean empty bottle and put it into the cleaner. I have a wire holding the bottle suspended in the water ( not touching sides/botom of tank) and have noticed a darkening of the juice at the air/surface of the juice in bottle, about 1/8" layer. The juice is 30nic 100VG, have already had the bottle for 3 weeks or so, dont know if this is going to give the results Im looking for since it is kinda presteeped as it is... we will see with this test. I prefilled a CE8 tank with the PB before making the sample bottle, that way I know I have a pre cleaner taster. Going to give it another 2 hours of steeping and then do a taste test.... if I can get the other CE8 from the wife....

DHubbs

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Canton, Georgia, USA
First I remove caps and drippers, nuke in MW for 33 seconds, recap and Ultrasonic them for 4 hrs, put them in the aromatic oil warmer for 45 min, then place then under the titanium framed pyramid surrounded by neodynium magnets on a rotary disc at 1RPM for 45 min, Chant the Babalonian juice enhancement enchantment for 4 hrs, and finally, apply either massive doses of EMP from the primary coil of my Tesla coil or just put it on top of the coil and let 1.5 million volts run thru it....

Yea I know sounds like a lot of work, but it tastes good

Best. Thing. Ive read all day. Hahahaha oh my goodness sir that is hilarious :,)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Okay its been a little better than 4 hours in the cleaner for the PB. Wife wouldnt let me have her CE8 so I took several good hits off of the original PB remembered that flavor and cleaned out the tank assy, reloaded with the "cleaned" juice. Definately a difference not as dry, more cocoa hints alot smoother on the tobacco end. Seems to have taken on a more of a mild ciggie tobacco flavor. Not quite as spicy as the uncleaned sample.
Direct juice flavor test: taste a drop...
uncleaned.. buttery then mutes into spicy heavy tobacco, arouma = Meyers rum
Cleaned.. creamy a bit sweeter, spicyness is reduced, more cocoa showing up, buttery reappears, mild tobacco finish, arouma = Cohiba cigar box smell :)

wonder how it would go with further "cleaning"?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Got the PB ( 2nd order) 36nic 100VG 2X flavor 100cc's or ml (2-12-14) pulled 20 ml and put it into a 50 ml bottle... doing the UltraSonic cleaner application again to AGE it quicker....

I think I may have re-discovered something about 100VG juices... its the ability to have 2X flavor.... even tho vendors add a little extra flavor to boost the flavor loss due to the missing PG, by even adding extra flavor over and above the "additional" flavor really gives it zing, ooommphh! Yowza!...

lets see if the new batch of PB is as good as the last batch after the USC session..... time will tell ( about 2 hrs worth ;) )

will report back on this in a few hrs...

Got the PB ( 2nd order) 36nic 100VG 2X flavor 100cc's or ml (2-12-14) pulled 20 ml and put it into a 50 ml bottle... doing the UltraSonic cleaner application again to AGE it quicker....

I think I may have re-discovered something about 100VG juices... its the ability to have 2X flavor.... even tho vendors add a little extra flavor to boost the flavor loss due to the missing PG, by even adding extra flavor over and above the "additional" flavor really gives it zing, ooommphh! Yowza!...

lets see if the new batch of PB is as good as the last batch after the USC session..... time will tell ( about 2 hrs worth ;) )

will report back on this in a few hrs...

I always order all my juices with extra flavor/extra extract. I never could taste anything with the juice as is. So HHV gives more extract with 100% VG juice...I wonder when I ask for extra extract if that makes mine 2X extra?

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Funny because I think all the NETs need a good steep; Huntsman, Oompa, and Heavenly Army in particular. Oompa is not even the same juice after six weeks than it was on day one, the transformation is amazing. Dragon's Fire is the one exception IMO, it does get better after a good three to four week steep, but works well on day one IMO. Then again that is my favorite juice, so maybe I just love it that much and it doesn't phase me.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Anybody using an ultrasonic cleaner to speed things up? I finally bought one, but I've been playing with it for its intended uses so far. And by the time I got it, all my juices were already in their sweet spots - with no replacements on order yet.

I bought my UC about 5 months ago, and never looked back. A UC can steep fresh made eliquid to near maturity in a few hours instead of the 4-5 weeks it took with natural steeping for some of them (like tobacco's). Then I let them rest for 2-3 days to reach full maturity.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I always order all my juices with extra flavor/extra extract. I never could taste anything with the juice as is. So HHV gives more extract with 100% VG juice...I wonder when I ask for extra extract if that makes mine 2X extra?

just for numerical sense...
you order 70+PG of a flavor and you get ( lets say 3ml flavor)
you order 100VG they put in 5ml flavor to make up for the flavor loss of VG
you order 100VG with double shot of flavor you get 8- 10ml flavor added

My trial order of Highbrow tobaccos (Cigar, French Pipe, Exotic Blend w/ Apple added) is dwindling down. I was advised by several, including our own RJ, that HB tobacco needed a long steep time. This was true, these selection get better after three months. Not for the ' out of the mailbox' crowd.

Those are my top three from Highbrow, in that order. They for sure have to steep...and they continue to get better. I like to drip my Highbrow tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread