What atomizer produces the best taste and most vapor?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by malazan82, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. malazan82

malazan82 Senior Member

Would love to hear some of your guys' opinions on this one. I've only tried 5 different types of atomizers, so far the best is the eCa on the eVic, but sometimes it seems to get a plastic taste from the liquid tank.

Thanks

-Malazan

2. Cr0tchF4i

Cr0tchF4i Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

RDA's on a Mech. (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers) on a Mechanical Mod.

3. irieSTYLEE

irieSTYLEE Full Member

of course any vapor would recommend an RDA on a mech mod. if you arent ready for a mech mod, i suggest a VV, VW device. my fav for the price was the itaste MVP; it has a huge battery, can recharge your devices, and has a puff counter. i would recommend the provari, but ive yet to buy one cuz of the price. if you feel ready for a mech mod, buy a cheap fasttech mod; it takes for ever to deliver but its worth the wait in price. they have chi you clone mods that are 1/8-1/4 of the price and work damn near the same (i succumbed to paying $400 when they first came out, and the clone was near the same).

4. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

RDA

love teh flavor I get from the chimbus at .4 ohms on the mech. awesome

5. Krazirob

Krazirob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

the AGA-T is pretty good to me on my Vamo......I use mesh for my wick

6. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't know the eCa. You asked about atomizers, but if it has a tank is it really a clearomozer you are refering to? A link to it would be good. What others have you tried?

7. vapo jam

vapo jam Super Member ECF Veteran

everybody always says rebuildables, but if you want something more plug-and-play, check out an hh357 from avid vapor. as far as pre-built drip atty's go, it's the best.

8. JMarca

JMarca E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member ECF Veteran

^ This, while I agree that an RDA is best for an experienced user, you can't just tell everyone to go build their own coils and expect the same results. Dripping attys do the samething as an RDA only it's been professionally built and for someone new to dripping to try.

9. malazan82

malazan82 Senior Member

Here is a link to the eCa, they have a type A and type B, only difference is the look: Joyetech eVic Changeable Atomizer ( ECA Kit Type A ) - EVcigarettes.com

Also, I bought an RBA, not an RDA, the smoktech RSST, bought 400 SS mesh and 32 gauge kanthar wire. My first set up worked well, but the airhole is too small and in PBusardo's youtube review of it he recommended drilling the airhole out to the size of the AGA T, but didn't mention how many millimeters that is. I also bought a torch to oxidize the mesh and watched a few videos on how to properly oxidize the mesh. After my first set up, it worked well, but after a few hours of vaping it got a burnt taste. A person at an E-Cig store recommended I replace the wick. I did so, as well as the wire, but it seemed there were hot spots, and for the life of me I couldn't get it to glow uniformally. I'm very new to RBAs and I've never worked with this sort of stuff so I didn't expect it to work perfectly, but I'm kinda bummed that I can't get it to work properly.

Anyway, what would you guys suggest is the best RDA and mech mod set up? I'm not even sure what a mech mod means lol. And, $400 for one? Wow, they must be pretty cool. The most expensive mod I've seen is the innokin iTaste 134. Really cool look but lots of other limitations. I've seen it priced from $140 to $170.

do you have a set up you could show me Cr0tchF4i ?

I think I am doing something wrong when oxidizing the wick. Or maybe 60%PG and 40%VG isn't right for an RBA? I have so many questions when it comes to vaping lol.

Thanks guys

-Malazan

10. JMarca

JMarca E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member ECF Veteran

SS mesh changes to the flavor of the juice all together, for an absolute clean juice cotton or nothing. That's just my opinion but ask the hundreds of builders making micro coils wrapped in cotton. If you want a clean juice without anything getting in between the flavor then I wouldn't recommend any tank with a replaceable anything. Try the dripping route if you like it do some research and try an RDA.

11. malazan82

malazan82 Senior Member

12. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I doont like SS mesh, have tried using it several times and fallowed lots of vids and it always taste bad to me. Peaches and cream 100% cotton taste awesome

13. malazan82

malazan82 Senior Member

Yea the eCa really seems to prevent the full flavor from coming out. And I think it is because of the plastic.

-Malazan

14. vapo jam

vapo jam Super Member ECF Veteran

no problem -

first option:
    you want 510; this is what will fit on your evic. standard or long barrel is just the length of the atty - i think long is about the length of a cartomizer, and standard is about half that length. the long barrel will have a cooler vape than the standard barrel due to the increased length.

second option:
    color, obviously personal preference.

third option:
    i like the 2-2.5 ohm resistance - for me, these are the most versatile on a vv/vw mod. higher resistance (3 ohm) basically has the same effect as turning down the voltage, and vice versa for lower resistance.

fourth option:
    drip atty's are typically primed with pg/vg from the factory to keep them moist (which i believe keeps them from getting damaged, but not sure). for the best results, i think you're supposed to get the atty primed with a similar blend to what you tend to use most, so if you like mostly pg-heavy liquids, get it primed with pg.

all that being said, i'd recommend one of the non-custom hh357's:

HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper

HH.357 Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper

they're almost exactly the same (depending on the options you select, they could be exactly the same), but they're $3 cheaper and usually are delivered much faster.

15. malazan82

malazan82 Senior Member

Awesome thanks man :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

16. 4mudski

4mudski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I fond that my versa mod, by Bart Buttermore and a era atomizer at .89ohm's is kicking some ***!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.