What do you do for a living

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Retired hydro-electric plant electrician.

View attachment 457208
(One of the generators that I kept running - first went online in 1912, but I wasn't there yet :blink:
That's a cute little feller, isn't it? I used to be a journeyman machinist at Four Corners Power Plant- till the first layoff in company history.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Engineering tech with Honda engineering I service automated machinery and robotics at Honda manufacturing in Lincoln, Alabama. to you military guys..thanks for your service!
I grew up in Ashland, right outside Talladega. Small world. I got to tour the plant as a kid... that's why I got into engineering and machinery. Saw a Honda Odyssey engine just sitting out on display, thought it was the coolest thing ever.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Retired hydro-electric plant electrician.

View attachment 457208
(One of the generators that I kept running - first went online in 1912, but I wasn't there yet :blink:
That's awesome sometimes I get to rig and move stuff like this from one place to another you can see how much craftsman ship went in to that old stuff nothing we have these days compares to it.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
I drive around in a truck all day, stopping here and there to fix stuff that got broken. Since I own the truck I get to vape whenever I'm driving. I can vape if I'm working outside, like building a fence. Indoors generally not. Wouldn't want to since my hands tend to get covered in all sorts of icky stuff. You really don't want to vape while you're doing plumbing. And if you're crawling around an attic or crawl space your gear would fall out of your pocket anyway.
I run a "handyman" business..let me offer you a suggestion. I just got my silicone sleeve for my eLeaf iStick from World of Vape. Best addition to my vape supplies. The sleeve slides over the battery and protects the fire button and volt/watt buttons, and if the sleeve gets funkie (grease, oil, or what ever) just slide it off and wash it up. Helps keep dirt out like sand. Also, it is a sticky little devil to where when you stick your mod into your shirt pocket..it's there. No more slipping out. Wish I could tell everyone about these sleeves...they're the best $3 you'll spend

scottwess

Apr 5, 2015
Talladega, alabama
I grew up in Ashland, right outside Talladega. Small world. I got to tour the plant as a kid... that's why I got into engineering and machinery. Saw a Honda Odyssey engine just sitting out on display, thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Small world indeed, I have relatives in lineville, high pine and Ashland.
:toast:

Reactions: celticluvr

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
That's a cute little feller, isn't it? I used to be a journeyman machinist at Four Corners Power Plant- till the first layoff in company history.

Yeah, I suppose cute... although classic might be a better appelation :)

They were 4 MWatts when put online in 1912, but had been rewound to 6 when I got there, both instances at 6.6 KV. Our other, newer generators, all put in for extra power for WWII ship construction in the Puget Sound area, were at 25 MW (2 of those) and 40 MW (1), all at 13.8 KV. Of course, all stepped up to 110 KV for transmission.

Talk about high wattage vaping!! :evil:

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Medically retired toolmaker. My last gig was designing and building special machines, gages and fixtures used in the manufacturing of medical equipment. Prior to that, it was designing and building automated lines used to build engines for Dynamax The last slip and fall incident rung my bell a bit too hard, and caused me to permanently lose my sense of balance.

I'm a La-Z-Boy Operator now...

Did you make The Machine That Goes "Bing"?

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
I play with things that fly and move parts of other flying things around the world in really REALLY big flying things. And no we're not the ones who landed at the wrong airport in Wichita, KS with a 747. Our pilots are Russian and if they an find an airport that's not on a map in the middle of Siberia they have no problem finding the correct airport that's on a chart.

When I'm not doing that I pretend to be a truck driver still moving parts of flying things around the country.

So in a nutshell I work in the aviation/transportation industry.

Edit - Almost forgot, vape when I want though sometimes it's stealth. Learned how to stealth vape on a commercial airliner from the flight attendants.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Job title: Project Support Analyst
Job description: IT Helpdesk
I work for a small marketing & corporate event planning company in raleigh, NC. Kinda just fell into it because my stepmom started the co. But I absolutely love it. I worked on cars for about six years prior.

Smoked for the fist 4 1/2 years I worked here. Vaped for the last 6 months. Biggest change I've noticed is the smell!

Not allowed to vape in the office. I found out the hardway as I was puffin away on my new Kanger EVOD, at the time, with protank 3 mini tank and a 1.8 replaceable factory coil and the owner (my stepmom) comes to talk to me. She's anti smoking to the max and any resemblance to such she hates. Lets just say I stealth vape now, especially after I get my Vapemail!!!! Just received my Sigelei Fu Chai in coffee color, 4 nine clone and White Triquetra 2 in 1 by Phimis today. I did cloud the place up a little after everyone left. I was in my own office so not vaping on everyone's stuff. The 4 nine takes some getting used to but hits well, especially with the hybrid connect cap. The Triquetra is a little weird and I really need to sit down and focus on this beast monster. Meant both descriptions! The fu chai needs the right build because I hear it chucks the vapor well, considering the copper innards. I'm thinking .28

Reactions: SissySpike

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I repair old things with worn out springs,

large.jpg

Consequently I really enjoy the hobby of vaping, and can vape at my leasure.

L1040688.JPG

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
I am the network administrator for a machine tool manufacturer. I work behind a desk monitoring ERP software and writing custom programs. I vape all day but try to keep the cloud to a minimum as my office house 5 servers and all our network gear so the ac is cranked up and vapor causes the smoke detection safety circuit to trip if it's too thick. Yes I never knew the fire alarm was sooooooo loud. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread