Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I repair old things with worn out springs,

large.jpg

Consequently I really enjoy the hobby of vaping, and can vape at my leasure.

View attachment 458192

Watch repair and collecting is my real hobby. (don't send me your watches...I break more than I fix). I currently have well over 400 working watches and bags full of parts. Funny how all the magnifiers, tiny screwdrivers, and other tools are interchangeable with my other hobby: vaping.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I have to say, that's an absolutely beautiful coil. Do you think your experience with tiny moving objects makes rebuilding easier?

Oh yes indeed. And I`m usually rebuilding using a 5x loupe, makes it so much easier. Probably could`nt do it using my regular vision.

What`s really nice is having just the right gasket for whatever, and a couple lathes to fix or modify those parts that were made on a Monday or Friday. :?) Not the mention all the bloody screw drivers, LOL.

Thanks Guys, :?)
R

Reactions: SissySpike

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Oh yes indeed. And I`m usually rebuilding using a 5x loupe, makes it so much easier. Probably could`nt do it using my regular vision.

What`s really nice is having just the right gasket for whatever, and a couple lathes to fix or modify those parts that were made on a Monday or Friday. :?) Not the mention all the bloody screw drivers, LOL.

Thanks Guys, :?)
R
I'm seriously considering getting a loupe or a desk magnifying glass (one that clamps or stands alone). This close up work is killing me. the bloody screw drivers are getting old too lol.

Reactions: SissySpike

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
8 years in the 1st Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment and now on my 20th year of teaching. Currently I'm a university professor teaching Language Arts (composition, American Lit., and teacher education), previously taught community college and middle school for 11 years.

I am lucky our department dean allows us to vape in our offices, but not the common areas.

Reactions: DavidOck

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
I work nights at an AM talk radio station. I co-host the early morning agribusiness show as part of the job, even though I know nothing about farming. [emoji23]

I wish I got paid more, but otherwise I love the job. No one else but me at the studio for the majority of my shift, so I can vape in peace. Just gotta put everything up when the boss shows up in the morning.

Sent from Doomite Central!

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
Manufacturing engineer for a small avionics company. Basically I fix any problems with production however I can within the confines of FAA regulations, which are too tight for my liking. I've maintained since starting this job that had the FAA been around when the Wright brothers were starting to fly we would still be walking. I love the company, they are like family and take care of us and we take care of each other.

I never know what problem may crop up in any given day, one day I may be machining brackets, the next fixing test equipment. I enjoy the variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread