What do you think of the SD?

Discussion in 'UK Forum' started by JrdUK, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    I am on the fence on getting one its alot of money to spend.

The battery life really is appealing though, but how would it compare to my 510? Obviously the SD wins on battery but how would the hit/vapor be?

Looking for some answers of people who own the SD

Plus its made in the UK <3

2. Closet Toker

Closet Toker Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2009
    Trempealeau, WI.
    The SD is a very good investment. I own two of them.
    Yes battery life is longer, and the batteries are "dirt" cheap also. For the price of one 510 battery, you could buy about 12 SD batteries.
    The SD provides a very nice vapor, and the draw required is very smooth and easy.
    I my opinion, the battery power of 3.7 volts is just right. I've found that high powered Mods. that produce around 6 or more volts actually "destroy" eliquid flavor. Also, the more power an ecig has, the faster the atomizer will fry out. Remember though, it is a manual switch vaporizer. Some people prefer an auto switch Chinese e cig., which I view as a reliability problem.
    I say "go for it". If it doesn't pan out for you, you can re-sell it. They hold value pretty good, so you would recoup most of your investment if you sold it.
    Personally, I feel the Screw Driver is extremely well balanced in every way.

I would suggest going to Trog's website and do some research there. You'll find all the accurate info.

Screw Driver Site: http://www.ecigscrewdriver.com/

3. ApOsTle51

ApOsTle51 Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2008
    UK
    you only need to look around the forum to see how highly the SD is regarded by those that own one.

I Don't own a 510 e-cig completley so I cant compare the two . but the SD will stomp on any generic ecig hands down, actually , I think the 510 is one of the few models i don't have ..hehe

If you get a SD you won't need another ecig , you may want one just because you can , but my SD fits all my needs.

4. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    Hey I sent you a PM man about the adaptor, from what I have read the 510 produces the most vapor thats why I want to make an adaptor for the SD and hae the best of both worlds.

I have decided I want one but it doesnt look like there is any in stock! Apart from the black one but I'm pretty set on the silver it looks sexy as hell.

5. Kula

Kula Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Scotland
    JrdUK I am in the same boat as you.

I am really swaying towards getting a SD. I currently us Evo (M401) but a combination of niggles (constantly charging/hardish draws/poor outdoor performace etc) is making me seriously consider the SD.

I did have the concern that loss of flavour might be an issue but that was before I realised that the SD is not a high voltage device. My only real concern now is cost. I have a whole load of Evo equipment so if I go with the SD I have to start from scratch!

Anyway from all the info on this forum and Trogs site forum it certainly seems that the SD is very highly regarded.

I too really fancied the silver version.

6. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    Yea same here I just stocked up on loads of 510 parts, but the GF can have them including my PCC hehe!

I really want to order one now while I have the money, but with them lasting so long I don't really want the black one since I think scratchs will be more visiable on it :(

7. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    I just got a reply and put my order in! Friday I will be a proud owner of a SD :D:D:D

Think I'll buy a set of 5x Attys from TW as well I like their little branded devil!

8. Kula

Mar 21, 2009
    Scotland
    Well done m8 - I tried to post a reply to your post on SD forum but it wouldnt let me log in?

Bet Friday can't come soon enough!

Congrats.

Kula.

9. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    Yea can't wait :evil: you still getting one?

10. Kula

Mar 21, 2009
    Scotland
    I am still sitting on the fence.

Will decide over the next couple of days.

11. mamu

mamu Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    IN USA
    You really don't know what you're missing until you get one.

Then you REALLY know what you've been missing after you vape with one.

I have 2 SDs and yesterday I got the GG in the mail. Wanted to give that 6v mega power a try.

I got the 510 adapter with the GG and anyone who thinks that you lose flavor with the 510 atty is so wrong, just the opposite.

Everything is totally enhanced with 6v e-cigs. But they are definitely juice hogs.

Now I just have to find a 510 adapter for my SDs. Maybe Trog will make one someday. Hope?

12. boss

boss Full Member

May 15, 2009
    100% fully functional, reliable, built to last, and a miser to run, that's my SD. haven't looked at another ecig since.:D

13. prof beard

prof beard Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Stafford UK
    Another SD devotee here too, I bought one and I've become so dependent on it that I've bought a second one as a spare - apart from checking it on delivery I've not had to use it yet. Batteries last me about one working day between charges, so two a day is it at most. Batteries are cheap. I have a silver 901 version and I don't feel that much flavour is lost compared to he 901, whereas vapour is like a 901 on top form all the time.

14. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    Mine should be here tomorrow, just got some more juice + 901 attys from TW.

Redbull taste nice! :)

Also my RD stuff finaly got here, 2 licorice 2 vanilla + R4 didn't really have much choice I just got whatever was in stock for the 36mgs :D

15. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Mamu, does the GG 510 adapter not fit the SD?

16. dnakr

dnakr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    Same here, got my 1st SD in January and have not purchased another e-cig since. (Did buy another SD though) Can't be without it. :)

17. Cinnabar624

Cinnabar624 Full Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dayton OH
    I can hardly imagine life without my SD now. I too have a 2nd on order for a back-up. I haven't tried a Prodigy or GG, but I can hardly imagine that either would be better than the SD. It's small, dependable, convenient-I have my SD and a small bottle of e-juice on my person at all times. I tried the analog look-alikes and they just don't begin to compare to the performance of the SD. I can't recommend it highly enough!

18. JrdUK

JrdUK Moved On

Jun 6, 2009
    UK
    ApOsTle51 can tell you how to make one but I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that it would void your warranty

19. Kula

Mar 21, 2009
    Scotland
    I am soooo tempted to get one.

I was discussing it with my wife tonight (it is my birthday soon and thats a great excuse to buy one!) but she has the concern that it is a lot of money and I might not use it. She saw me give away my 510 to my sister becuase I felt that it didn't look cigaretty enough. So I know where she is coming from but I think with the SD it is not even attempting to look like a ciggy .

I also have a slight concern about flavour - or lack of it. Flavour is very important to me and having never tried a 901 I am concerned a bit.

HHMmm will I wont I???

Kula

20. MrLongbeard

MrLongbeard Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    England
    So it's you bunch of barstewards with 2 "just in case" nicking all the stock ;-) TW ain't getting any until next week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.